NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NinjaTrader Likes Dislikes wants and don't wants

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one webart with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two NinjaTrader with 4 posts (6 thanks)
    3. looks_3 studio88 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Zondor with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one TraderJesse with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two lolu with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 timmyb with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 8,875 views
    2. thumb_up 16 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 24 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

NinjaTrader Likes Dislikes wants and don't wants

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

Just a reminder that when I was using AVG9 it would cause the computer to completely lock up whenever Ninjatrader was running. Webart, have you tried running without AVG9 since then?

AVG is discontinuing support for AVG 8.5 making an upgrade to version 9 mandatory. Is anyone here successfully running the current version 9 on a machine with Ninjatrader?

Ray, if you see this, can you suggest anti-virus programs that are known to work well with Ninjatrader?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
15 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks

TraderJesse 
Denver

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 95

I have 2 computers using AVG Free version 9 with NT7 and I can't say AVG has caused any of my the issues with NT7 I've found. Both are Windows Vista 32 bit. My father had a terrible time with AVG Free 9.0 cashing his computer, and he doesn't use NT. He upgraded from 8.? to 9.0 without uninstalling 8.? first. After uninstalling 9.0 and re-installing it, his crashing issues disappeared. He was using Windows XP.

AVG instructions for uninstall are different in that you run the latest install file and select uninstall that way. We never could get it to uninstall by using the uninstall under the control panel.

AVG Free - Knowledge Base

Hope this helps you.

FYI My laptop runs Windows 7 64bit with McAfee, no issues with NT7 either..

Thanked by:
 timmyb 
duluth,mn

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja,thinkorswim
Broker: Amp-Zenfire
Trading: ES,Options
Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 1,361

Running 9 fine here with ninja

Zondor View Post
Just a reminder that when I was using AVG9 it would cause the computer to completely lock up whenever Ninjatrader was running. Webart, have you tried running without AVG9 since then?

AVG is discontinuing support for AVG 8.5 making an upgrade to version 9 mandatory. Is anyone here successfully running the current version 9 on a machine with Ninjatrader?

Ray, if you see this, can you suggest anti-virus programs that are known to work well with Ninjatrader?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

lolu 
Lagos, Nigeria
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, SierraChart
Trading: Euro Currency & Oil
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 1,049
Thanks Received: 1,678

Zondor View Post

I've been using Avira Antivir for more than 8 years and have stuck to it after I carried out a research on various antivirus software/tools (Norton, McAfee, AVG, etc). It has never caused any conflicts with my NT installation or usage. One big pro of Avira is its fast and un-disruptive process of online virus updates against the most recent virus signatures; and its easy configuration setup. I've used the Antivir Personal (free version) for more than 5 years. I've been using the Avira Premium Security Suite (paid for version) for more than 2 years now (on my Windows XP running on my VMware Fusion/Apple Mac machine environment) - I don't need or use antivirus for my Mac OS X itself.

Lolu

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 studio88 
Queensland, Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, ProRealtime, Others
Broker: IB
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 47

lolu View Post
I've been using Avira Antivir for more than 8 years and have stuck to it

Lolu

Agree Lolu,

Having previously worked in IT and computing for many years, I started ditching AVG a few after it left v6 because after that it started doing what Norton used to do, becoming Bloatatious (if such a word exists).

Even the free version of Avira for the 1 day nag screen it has is worth its weight in gold and plus the fact that it is not bloat work and consistently keeps the quantity of processes down and seems more courteous to other startup applications.

Last Updated on June 30, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts