NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Nederlandse day traders

Discussion in All Other non-English Languages

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one powerbook with 21 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two Baudo with 16 posts (19 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Erikie with 16 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Altentrader with 12 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one RDK91 with 1.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Pa Dax with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Basso1001 with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Baudo with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 31,811 views
    2. thumb_up 93 thanks given
    3. group 42 followers
    1. forum 179 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Nederlandse day traders

powerbook
London, UK

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

hi

no i am not one of his subscribers, but i have watched most of his youtube videos, and his advice re. trading around key levels is exactly how pro scalpers trade. but that is only 1 per cent of the jigsaw, the other 99 per cent is psychology and money management.

i must admit in recent years, his videos show him having the ability to trade any type of price action, i.e. switch on the pc and instantly tape read and call the market direction. that is not how i trade, i can not do this, and also i am not interested in learning how to. my edge is waiting for prior OHLC, round numbers, or waiting for consolidation areas/flags to build (i.e. high prob trades), boring i know, but worth waiting for. this is how trader from amsterdam used to trade, or al least that is what his youtube videos showed. i only want 3-5pts a day and then i am done. anyway enough of that!

you are correct in saying there are lots of scam artists out there. is he also one of them? maybe, who knows! i am not trading this week, but next week i will do not testing, i.e. place limit orders say 10 contracts and watch the dom, and watch what numbers appear. i know for a fact that my FDAX contracts are restring on eurex. interestingly whan i traded ftse100 futures a couple of years ago using NT8, the contracts were resting on my pc, and not on the exchange! but ninjatraderbrokerage resolved it all for me, but thats another story

dax down 450 pts today, ouch!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
powerbook
London, UK

hi

sorry i just read your post again and you asked whether i would buy his course. of course not! NO WAY! everything is available for for free on the net, of course that can be an issue as most info is garbage and out of date or just not needed these days. i.e. most courses churn out the same old rubbish just to sound knowledgeable.

however i have bought this course which is very good: https://price-action-trading.teachable.com/ AND BEFORE YOU GROAN IT IS NOT BY ME!!!

it is by a man called matthew and he has produced 100's (maybe 1000's) of youtube videos here: [yt]https://www.youtube.com/user/ukspreadbetting/videos[/yt]

it is his face is on all the videos

the course was 200 USD i think. he is not trying to rip people off. crucially there is NOTHING in his course that is not available for free on his youtube videos. it is just more concise and structured a bit better. the course is good in that it strips out all the rubbish, and just provides what you need to know

but before people before think, hey how a 200 usd course be worth anything? surely the secret sauce must be worth millions! liike i said before, there is no secret sauce! but look at his youtube videos first before deciding whether to pay the 200 USD

his background was pure futures scalping 20 years ago (just think jigsaw trading, that is a piece of software by the way), and yes he was/is a pro trader!). he is still an intraday trader, but i think mostly looks for flags and triangles these days (i.e. patterns which work 80-90 per cent of the time)

powerbook
London, UK

just a word of caution, matt's youtube channel contains A LOT of info, and it provides info to all type of traders and investors who want to learn about the financial markets, investing etc.

but his online course is limited to price action trading, which is a good thing!

powerbook
London, UK

Hi

Some advice, to anyone who might be interested!

Most courses are garbage, if you are new to trading it is difficult to sort the good from the bad.
As a rule of thumb, avoid those offering monthly subscription, avoid those with photos of fast cars, beaches/speed boats, wads of cash etc!

Altentrader
Amsterdam Netherlands

Thanks Received: 9

I don't think this vdo regarding Trader from Amsterdam
leaves any doubts. Though the other stuff regarding the ownership of the house, where he lives and his sons support the whole picture it is the fact that the numbers don't add up that is a clear sign of a SIM trader (or maybe not even SIM but replay mode lol!). Thanks for the vdo!

What powerbook suggests regarding 1 contract might be 10 is not correct. I trade the fdax myself and 1 contract in the DOM is 1 contract. It is a very thin market, that's what makes it quite volatile in general.

If you ask me Rolan Diapiari hasn't even made a nickle to scratch his ass through trading. Nothing more than a salesman for the brokers and the occasional payment from someone he caught in his web. Sad if you need to make a living that way, but allas it is how it works sometimes.

My advice to others is not to pay a dollar to educators, not one! They team up with the brokers and all they want you to do is take lot's of trades preferably using little targets and short stops so they can be on the other side of your trade, to make a profit from the trade, the transaction costs and on top of that the monthly fees for the platform. And there might be even more ways to make money from you.

If you want to be succesfull you gotta do it on your own, without educators. If you got what it takes you might have to spend hours and hours (for several years) behind to screen to finally be successful. But that way you have a chance to make it. If you pay an educator to help you he will direct you in to the swamp. Take your money for one or a couple of years and that is it, you're done.

Trade well you all!

powerbook
London, UK

Hi altentrader,
Such a shame, so wanted him to be legit!!

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

powerbook
London, UK

I would love to know how he has hacked NT8!

samgander 
Panama City Panama

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 6

Hi Powerbook, with reference to your comment about so wanting him to be legit, you and so many others mate, including myself when I started watching his videos. I was absolutely amazed but thankfully I cottoned on to his game pretty quickly . Believe me there are people out there who wanted so badly for him to be the real deal that they have followed him for literally years, and actually find themselves blaming themselves for not being able to apply what he is teaching and make money from it consistently like he appears to do. Good luck with your trading mate, steer well clear of TFA.

kaiko 
Düsseldorf Germany

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 0

Guys, the clock on his wall is working correctly! The video has been recorded in mirror mode! The only valid argument against live trading is that his limit orders cannot be found in the order book. All other arguments here in the thread are pure assumptions.

powerbook
London, UK

hi

like fox mulder - i want to believe!

and i may be clutching at straws, but hear me out

last year (actually more like 2-3 years ago, time flies!) when i was trading ftse100 futures it transpired that my limit orders were resting on my pc and not the exchange. i can't remember how this came about, only that i got NT to correct this immediately!

i will email NT later to enquire whether is it possible that any FDAX traders could be in the same situation. however whether the response from NT is yes or no, my gut instinct tells me that a trader of TFA experience would not allow such a situation to persist, i.e. he would DEF ensure that his limit orders were resting on the exchange.

next i have not had time to undertake my own testing, i.e. enter limit orders and watch the numbers on the dom. i intend to video record the dom and watch the footage back in slow motion, especially when the orders are executed (i.e. converted in to market orders)

as i said in an earlier post re. the video with the dodgy screenshots, in 4 of the 5 example screenshots, TFA's limit orders were placed either 1-2 ticks from the last traded price. why is this important? say you have 5 limit orders on the exchange and the depth of market corroborates this by displaying a number equal to or greater than 5. and then suddenly, due to market moves, the exchange displayed figure drops to 4, but yet the trader's limit orders still displays 5.

is it not *possible* that one of the trader's contracts has in reality been executed, hence why the resting figure has dropped to 4, but that NT8 software has not yet caught up with events? (i.e. the 5 has not changed to a 4). i am not a s/ware engineer, and would never make the daft assumption that just because one part of NT8 is updating, all others MUST be to.

my gut instinct tells me evidence is not yet conclusive. i say this from first hand experience trading the dax in a fast market - it can be a nightmare!

and lets remember, screenshots only capture an infinitesimally small moment in time. we know the dax can move at lightning speed, and i am sure TFA computer is fast, but maybe not THAT fast? yes yes yes he may still be a fraud, but please don't flame me. i am merely applying some critical thinking.

i need to do my dom recording and will report back, probably get round to it in 2 weeks.

Last Updated on July 12, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts