NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Nederlandse day traders

Discussion in All Other non-English Languages

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one powerbook with 21 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two Baudo with 16 posts (19 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Erikie with 16 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Altentrader with 12 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one RDK91 with 1.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Pa Dax with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Basso1001 with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Baudo with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 31,851 views
    2. thumb_up 93 thanks given
    3. group 42 followers
    1. forum 179 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Nederlandse day traders

Altentrader
Amsterdam Netherlands

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 9

powerbook View Post
Yes Trader from Amsterdam is the real deal. He is a more a "short term" trader than a true scalper, but many people would simply term him a scalper. Anyone who knows anything about short term trading knows the hit rate is very high, so one might think him a trading god if not clued up. But he is not a god. He has losing trades, several each week. Last week he had a loss of 42 ticks on a single FDAX trade. That is why I say he is not a true scalper, those Jigsaw guy would*never let a position go south by that much. And the wall clock in his room does not work, so I wouldn't bother forming any massive conclusions from the time it displays!

What he does well is "plan your trade and trade your plan", the No1 rule for a trader. And if he loses, he will AIM to increase the number of contracts, or perhaps shoot for a few more ticks, for the next trade to try and recover his loss. Of course this is not always possible as the market does not care if you have lost etc. Then he drops back to his regular qty of 5-6 contacts (not a massive amount) but very often he is only trading 3 contracts. He regularly does not yet filled, and has slippage when using market orders like we all do.

His strategy is VERY simple, like many scalpers, identify key levels and watch how the market reacts*at those levels. If the market shows signs of momentum enter quickly. He has a fixed profit target for the majority of his position, and he leaves 1 contract open as a runner. He is only looking for 5 or 6 ticks and then he is out.

It is not rocket science. Just Google scalping strategies. He watches what everyone else is watching (otherwise what would be the point given the self fulfilling nature/prophecy of the markets), e.g. prior OHLC, round numbers, volume profile, etc. All his techniques are on his YouTube channel stretching back 5+ years and over 100s of videos. He doesn't bother updating YouTube these days but everything is on there, no secrets.*

I trade the FDAX*and it has a personality all of it's own. If you put in the screen time, you will be able to spot when momentum is shifting as price behaves very differently and it is obvious when you watch the DOM. If you are brand new I would learn trading using crude oil futures as FDAX can rip your face off. But if you are 100% disciplined then maybe you can start with FDAX.

In my trading experience, executing a wining trade, and therefore making money was not difficult. However what I always found VERY difficult was keeping hold of the money. For years I just gave it straight back and then some. I found it very hard to just sit on my hands and wait for high probability trades to play out, ignore*FOMO etc.

Over the years I traded every strategy under the sun, before ending up with scalping and yes I am consistently profitable. Speaking personally my issues were 99% psychology, and took years to resolve, mostly because I was following an incorrect approach otherwise would have learnt the ropes much sooner. I don't mind helping some people on here, there are no secrets, but what you 100% have to do it is COMPLETE the exercises. Otherwise you will not form the habits which are at the core of being consistent.

Most retail traders have got it upside down. They think reading more books and increasing knowledge is the answer, or perhaps finding a new strategy/indicator will solve their problems. THIS IS WRONG. You need to increase your actual trading time, when you are executing your plan/rules. This will re-write your brain (neural pathways). Do this for 30 days and your problems are solved. But most traders can not follow their rules for 2 days (let alone 30 days), or they won't even bother trying as they will refuse to believe such massive problems can be solved so easily. So they self sabotage their trading and continue searching for the holy grail which does not exist!

I have to go to bed now and read my book (John Grisham fiction, not trading!). But I can post something tomorrow if you like, a few rules to becoming profitable.*

You're a great story teller powerbook lol! You could be Trader from Amsterdam's right hand. We can all write about our own profitability, the profitability of others but it means less than zero if it's not supported by evidence. And when it comes to Rolan's trading this summarizes it: nothing but recordings, no live trades, no broker statement to support his claim to profitability, etc. If he is so keen to show others his succes in more than 100 vdo's on youtube and vimeo and is even willing to sell his success for $5000 per mentorship why doesn't he show the world some live trades? He's nothing more than a scammer just like all the other trading educators on the web. My guess is that anyone who hasn't realized that will do so within short. Don't spend a penny on him or any other educator.

And Powerbook if you ask me you don't have to post anything regarding your own profitability or that of others without actual proof. We can all post recordings of winning trades or images of winning trades after the facts and then say "I took this trade". It is pathetic and you know it lol!

Trade well mate !

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
powerbook
London, UK

Thanks Received: 3

Hi Altentrader

You might be over thinking it mate. All one needs is an edge, a positive expectancy, the rest (99%) is psychology.

Perhaps you think consistent profitability an illusion, a work of fiction? Or you need a super computer to develop a trading strategy? I used to think that way because nothing worked, and it took me a LONG time to pull my finger out and address the psychology, which turned out to be the problem all along!

I am reminded of the famous Richard Dennis quote, that he could put his trading rules on the front page of the Wall Street Journal (basically enter at 4week highs and exit at 4 weeks lows), but (a) very few would trade them as surely making money can't be 'that' easy? or (b) those that did trade would fcuk it up due to poor psychology.

IMO the number of good trading books can be counted on one hand. No1 for me is Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas. For years I ignored it, or anything similar. I thought the answer must lie in reading endless books about TA, trading strategies, indicators, finding the 'secret sauce' etc. Only after meeting a friend of a friend did I make the changes I needed to.

He only trades bull flags and ascending/descending triangles with a couple of filters - the most important one being 'time' i.e. allowing for decent consolidation to build up. Sure he only gets 1 or trades a day, maybe none! But he watches boxsets all day with the TV alongside*the charts. When a flag/triangle starts forming he shifts focus away from Netflix and onto the charts. These patterns have a VERY high expectancy, if you have the ability to operate good money/risk management, understand realistic profit targets (in the algo era), and crucially have the patience to be out of the market for 99% of the time, then this is an excellent strategy.

I urge you to look at some charts, ascending/descending triangles (with decent consolidation) work 90% of the time, Or maybe you think my friend does not exist!*

For me I only became profitable after (a) committing to address the psychology, (b) trade only 1 market at a time, (c) ditch all the indicators and focus on one set up/strategy only.

Good luck

Altentrader
Amsterdam Netherlands

Thanks Received: 9

powerbook View Post
Hi Altentrader

You might be over thinking it mate. All one needs is an edge, a positive expectancy, the rest (99%) is psychology.

Perhaps you think consistent profitability an illusion, a work of fiction? Or you need a super computer to develop a trading strategy? I used to think that way because nothing worked, and it took me a LONG time to pull my finger out and address the psychology, which turned out to be the problem all along!

I am reminded of the famous Richard Dennis quote, that he could put his trading rules on the front page of the Wall Street Journal (basically enter at 4week highs and exit at 4 weeks lows), but (a) very few would trade them as surely making money can't be 'that' easy? or (b) those that did trade would fcuk it up due to poor psychology.

IMO the number of good trading books can be counted on one hand. No1 for me is Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas. For years I ignored it, or anything similar. I thought the answer must lie in reading endless books about TA, trading strategies, indicators, finding the 'secret sauce' etc. Only after meeting a friend of a friend did I make the changes I needed to.

He only trades bull flags and ascending/descending triangles with a couple of filters - the most important one being 'time' i.e. allowing for decent consolidation to build up. Sure he only gets 1 or trades a day, maybe none! But he watches boxsets all day with the TV alongside*the charts. When a flag/triangle starts forming he shifts focus away from Netflix and onto the charts. These patterns have a VERY high expectancy, if you have the ability to operate good money/risk management, understand realistic profit targets (in the algo era), and crucially have the patience to be out of the market for 99% of the time, then this is an excellent strategy.

I urge you to look at some charts, ascending/descending triangles (with decent consolidation) work 90% of the time, Or maybe you think my friend does not exist!*

For me I only became profitable after (a) committing to address the psychology, (b) trade only 1 market at a time, (c) ditch all the indicators and focus on one set up/strategy only.

Good luck

I am happy for you, you seem to have found your "edge". But I'll stick to what I said earlier on. I would personally not take the advice of anyone that doesn't put his money where his mouth is. Anyone that claims to have success in trading but doesn's show any proof of that is not of value to me. Just like Trader from Amsterdam. He's nothing more than a little scammer that charges people $5000 and in exchange one get's nothing, absolutely nothing that proofs his success. It is best to stay far away from punters like that. What others think of that is up to them.

This business is one big shark pit. Vendors are all over the place also on forums like this one. Their only interest is that others trade so they make money (through e.g. IB agreements).

The above doesn't mean that you can't make money trading, but one is easily fooled and falls in the pit. No need to elaborate on the consequences of that.

You have a great day Powerbook!

samgander 
Panama City Panama

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 6

well, I thought the subject matter on this thread was to see if anyone knows about this Trader From Amsterdam or has been mentored by him. Sorry to cut to the chase Powerbook, can you stay on point. Do you know this guy or have you been mentored by him, pretty simple question? It seems that people who actually know him or have been mentored by him and have close knowledge on how he is fooling people don't agree with your opinions. Let's get back to point, the proof is out there that he is misleading people about his abilities, that he is lying about live trades, that he is lying when he says he has nothing to sell etc etc. If Powerbook has something concrete to add I'm all ears.

PS, thanks for boring us with your takes on trading and how to be a profitable trader like you, as you opened the door perhaps you'd like to share your account performance details so we can verify? if not we fully understand mate.

Baudo
Utrecht, Netherlands

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 104

powerbook View Post
Yes Trader from Amsterdam is the real deal. .*

nope he is not

his orders are not showing up in the order book
therefore, almost definitely a sim trader

as pointed out in earlier posts, that's a fact
it's a faker, don't know why you try to hide this reality.
he's also dishonest about - not having to offer - any education.

nevertheless, good to know his clock doesn't work, lol
how do you know, do you live there?

anyways, have a nice day

powerbook
London, UK

hi there,

i didn't realise about the orders not showing up, is there proof about that?

the videos on youtube show him trading using ninjatrader through the ladder/dom, and he is not in SIM mode?

no i don't live there!

thanks

samgander 
Panama City Panama

Hi all, anybody wants to see a decent video about good old trader from amsterdam you might want to watch the video on youtube

hopefully guys like Powerbook will then understand a bit more about how these type of people go around fooling people into parting with their money, and not embarrass themselves by trying to tell people otherwise.

Remember this good old phrase "If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, then it's probably a DUCK"

But seriously, anyone out there who is contemplating wasting their time or money on this dude from amsterdam, please watch the video first

powerbook
London, UK

hi,

thanks for posting the youtube video! i didn't know he sold trading courses, i thought it was all free content on youtube!

anyway i watched the video and don't understand something, maybe can you help please?

one of the screenshots of ninjatrader said he had a limit order to sell 3 contracts, but ninjatrader the dom displayed only 1 limit order to sell at this level, so the video concluded that this sounded bogus as surely there would be at least 3 limit orders at that level (as trader from amsterdam himself had 3). i do understand that logic.

but this is what i don't understand, the price level in question is the inside ask, i.e 1 tick above the last traded price. and its only 20 minutes after the london open, so wouldn't there be waaay more than just 1x single limit order to sell at that level. i know fdax is a thin market, but surely not that thin!! and 1000's of traders around the world trading the fax?

i guess what i am asking, is just because ninjatrader dom says '1' limit order, does it really mean only 1 single contract or does it maybe mean 1x 10? or 1x 50? i don't know the answer, only that it sounds surprising!

i just looked at eurex website for friday 21 feb 2020 and it says there were 147,266 FDAX contracts traded.

https://www.eurexchange.com/exchange-en/products/idx/dax/34642!quotesSingleViewFuture?maturityDate=202003

volume is highest in the london session and the maket is only 20 minutes opened? you may be right about him being fake, but that is the bit i don't understand!

thanks for any advice!

powerbook
London, UK

hello again

i have been thinking a bit more about this (i like puzzles!). don't shoot me down i am not defending anyone, i am only asking questions!

assume for a minute that when ninjatrader dom displays 1 Limit order, that it actually corresponds to 1x single limit order.

now looking at the video you linked to, there are 5 screenshots of trader from amsterdam's dom, which correspond to 5 different trading days.

on 4 of those tradings days, the levels where the limit order is placed (where the number of contracts don't add up), are VERY close to the last traded price, i.e. only 1 to 2 ticks away. now i trade the dax and can confirm the speed at which it moves can be crazy. those that trade the dax will be no stranger to slippage, and when you close a trade at what you THINK is 1 tick above your entry price (based on the dom and your limit order), but later when you examine your trade history/performance, you find that the trade was in fact closed 2-3 ticks against you due to you spread etc. anyway i digress!

what i mean is, when price is moving fast, it can fly through levels and ninjatrader does not have enough time to catch up and update the dom quick enough. anyone who trades the dax knows what i mean, it can move 20 ticks, in a few milliseconds, crazy when that happens, and the major reason why i don't trade the open, price can kick you out of a trade sooo easily (my edge is waiting for areas of consolidation later in the day). anyway so i am not convinced by the fact the dom is displaying a 1 when it should be a 3, at a level that is 1-2 ticks away from the last traded price!

however, as i said the video showed 5 screenshots of his dom, and 1 of them had the level with the problem limit orders 10 ticks away away from the last traded price. so this not look great for trader from amsterdam! unless of course the screenshot was taken just before price sliced through the level? or maybe 1 LIMIT means 10 single orders like a asked out in my previous post? i haven't checked youtube to look at the levels so see the speed of price just before the screenshots were taken. at this stage i am only scracting my head for an explanation. of course it could be sim traded and that is the explanation!

i study physics and we are taught to elimimate all other explanations before a theory can be declared. like i said i am not defending anyone, i just like puzzles!

thanks

samgander 
Panama City Panama

Well for me the question I would be asking is, does it walk like a duck, and talk like a duck? and then if the answer is a 100% definite no I might consider giving this flake $5000 to mentor me.

Sorry Powerbook, you never did state whether you know TFA or have been mentored by him? if the answer to either is yes then help people out here who are looking for some knowledge about him prior to risking their hard earned money. I like puzzles too, I don't like scammers who prey on the less knowledgeable.

Just out of interest, forgetting that you are one of the few successful day traders around, and your love of puzzles, and of course studies of physics, seeing what you have seen now would you pay this "expert" and become his mentee . Simple yes or no answer would do mate.

Last Updated on July 12, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts