NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 103 posts (168 thanks)
    2. looks_two WoodyFox with 46 posts (54 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tturner86 with 37 posts (57 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Grodon with 28 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 3.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Pariah Carey with 3.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 107,314 views
    2. thumb_up 857 thanks given
    3. group 51 followers
    1. forum 558 posts
    2. attach_file 34 attachments

Search this Thread

Yet another mass shooting

martinhunting 
melbourne victoria australia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: FXCM
Trading: AUS200
Thanks Given: 59
Thanks Received: 149

Just go to this site the break down is there, if you want contex

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,374
Thanks Received: 10,191

I'm curious what the guns don't kill people, people kill people, crowd think of a story like this. These are American sold guns being used in crimes across our borders. The guns are sourced from here rather than there own countries because they are so easy to get here and so difficult to get there.

New York Times:- One Handgun, 9 Murders: How American Firearms Cause Carnage Abroad
Hundreds of thousands of guns sold in the United States vanish because of loose American gun laws. Many reappear in Jamaica, turning its streets into battlefields.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/25/world/americas/one-handgun-9-murders-how-american-firearms-cause-carnage-abroad.html

And for those of you who think this is just liberal media posting click bait, here's a different one for you.

Houston Chronicle:- Seven Houstonians convicted in running guns to Mexico
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/seven-houstonians-convicted-in-running-guns-to-5418890.php
35 military-style rifles in a secret compartment behind the rear seat

Or this one

Houston Chronicle:- Alleged gun-running ring busted
https://blog.chron.com/narcoconfidential/2013/01/alleged-gun-running-ring-busted/
worked together to illegally purchase 21 military style guns

or another

Houston Chronicle:- Houston man gets 4 years for smuggling guns to Mexico
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Houston-man-gets-4-years-for-smuggling-guns-to-1725488.php
was a “prolific” purchaser among a group of 23 arms traffickers who bought at least 339 firearms for Mexican organized crime syndicates

There are dozens more stories like this. Yes we have a lot of guns in Texas and Yes Houston is relatively close to the Mexican border.

Thanked by:
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

Just on (also conspiratorial) curiosity, the msm never seems to follow up in entirety on some shooting cases shrouded in mystery, such as the batman shooter, Sandy Hook, and now the Las Vegas Paddock shooting. Recap on zerohedge recently:

"5 Unanswered Questions That Remain 2 Years After The Vegas Shooting"

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/5-unanswered-questions-remain-2-years-after-vegas-shooting

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

and what ever happened with the Epstein thing? Weird how stuff just disappears.

Thanked by:

MiniP 
USA,USA
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES,
Thanks Given: 1,109
Thanks Received: 2,943

news isnt news like it use to be its all about clicks and when the clicks slow down its time to drum up some thing else

and thats for all news networks

-P

"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie"-Miyamoto Musashi
Thanked by:

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,245
Thanks Received: 5,006

News is just propaganda tool. Even the relatively free one just tries to get more clicks and views. Its ironic how "freedom of speech" has helped the crooks in this case.

On guns my view is rather simple, ppl make it too complicated, there is no real need for it.
There are lot of frustrated ppl in this world and if you make guns available to them easily, someday some emotional trigger will lead them to gun trigger and they will harm either themselves or other ppl.

You shouldn't just depend on psych evaluation to profile possible mass shooters, completely fine and normal ppl can do that too if whatever trigger in their head is pushed that far. In fact there is good chance that real psychopaths are also good at acting "normal". These methods are unreliable, just take the guns out of equation, at least you will reduce the casualty number.

Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.

Saugus High School shooting in Santa Clarita
From the NYT story... "It was at least the 11th school shooting this year"!!!

Thanked by:

MiniP 
USA,USA
Market Wizard

Im curious to what everyone's opinion on gun makers now being responsible for these shootings.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-allows-sandy-hook-families-lawsuit-against-gunmaker-go-n1080536

One- the shootings are terrible
two- if we hold company's responsible for everything someone does who buys/uses there product we are not going to have anything due to the fact the liabilities will be to high.

Next we will see Facebook be charged with teen suicides due to bullying and ford for drunk drivers and you tube for teaching people how to make bombs. The list goes on and one

I think we are entering a very dangerous period and many people will only look at this and say guns are bad fine the people who make them but they aren't thinking about what this could turn into.

again I think these shootings are horrible but this could be very dangerous as a whole

-P

"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie"-Miyamoto Musashi
Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

I agree @MiniP. Where does it stop? Can you sue politicians for not implementing laws to prevent this? Can you sue somebody for letting you finance, say a car, that they knew you would struggle to repay? I think this is a slippery slope.

MiniP 
USA,USA
Market Wizard

SMCJB View Post
I agree @MiniP. Where does it stop? Can you sue politicians for not implementing laws to prevent this? Can you sue somebody for letting you finance, say a car, that they knew you would struggle to repay? I think this is a slippery slope.

it even takes us back to the housing crisis, can we start to sue all the people who made bad decisions or set us up with horrible loans. Something needs to be done but this needs to be stopped immediately, whats going to stop you from suing me because I expressed my trade Idea and you lost your house over it.

Do guns need to print/stamp on the receiver "do not shoot humans with this" kinda similar to the hot coffee issue years ago.

You could go on and on and on, kinda scary if you really think about.

-P

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 21, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts