NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

VW scandal and impact on German economy

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GFIs1 with 244 posts (381 thanks)
    2. looks_two rleplae with 50 posts (71 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SMCJB with 25 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 23 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two SMCJB with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 rleplae with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 160,792 views
    2. thumb_up 759 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 461 posts
    2. attach_file 28 attachments

Search this Thread

VW scandal and impact on German economy

GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,562

Ex Audi (part of VW group) CEO Rupert Stadler now officially accused in many cases for illegal activities.
Came out yesterday after 5 years of the Diesel scandal.

GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

VW Scandal 2.0 - first judgements in Germany

"13.08.2020 The exhaust gas scandal enters the next round. Now it is about the VW engines of the type EA288. They are the successors of the scandalous EA189 engine. The German Federal Motor Transport Authority has not yet recalled them, although it is certain that the engine control unit contains various mechanisms to switch off or reduce exhaust gas cleaning. Attorney Andreas Schwering now reports: The Celle Higher Regional Court has decided to gather extensive evidence about the scope of the type approval granted by the Federal Motor Transport Authority. The court wants to know which mechanisms VW has disclosed to the authority at all. Legal background: To the extent that VW has once again failed to mention illegal mechanisms for reducing nitrogen oxide emissions in the approval application, the suspicion is obvious: the company has also deliberately and immorally harmed buyers of cars with EA288 engines. If, on the other hand, the officials in Flensburg knew about it and nevertheless granted the type approval, then VW will probably not have to pay damages again. This also applies if the engine control unit turns out to be illegal despite the placet from Flensburg. After the strict vote of EU Advocate General Sharpston on the exhaust gas scandal (see below, 30.04.2020), it is very likely: Also the engine control units for Euro 6 diesel - both from VW and all other manufacturers - are likely to be illegal almost without exception."

source test.de (translated from German)

GFIs1

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Diesel emissions scandal: Daimler pays almost two billion euros in the USA

"14.08.2020
While Daimler AG in Germany refuses to compensate consumers affected by the diesel exhaust scandal, the Swabian car manufacturer in the USA is distributing almost two billion euros. 1.5 billion dollars will be due for settlements with US authorities, and 700 million dollars for the settlement of a class action suit by consumers, the company announced today.

These Mercedes models are involved in the emissions scandal

Different engines are involved in the diesel exhaust scandal of Daimler AG: OM642, OM651, OM622, OM626, OM607 and also the OM640 are under suspicion. In countless recalls by the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA), the authority accuses Daimler of having installed illegal shut-off devices in the diesel engines. These reduce the effect of exhaust gas purification in road traffic and turn the vehicles into nitrogen oxide skidders. The resale value of the cars is considerably reduced. There is also always the threat of officially ordered shutdowns. Consumers are therefore harmed."

source: VW-Schaden.de (translated)

GFIs1

Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,375
Thanks Received: 10,192

GFIs1 View Post
the company has also deliberately and immorally harmed buyers of cars with EA288 engines

Interesting that they worded it like that. Because it's true the damage is immoral in nature and probably not financial in nature.

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

The diesel scandal on European cars is widening to gasoline cars

According to a German TV channel from yesterday:

"The VW group also apparently tricked illegally with gasoline engines with direct injection ("TFSI").
tagesschau.de reports: In a lawsuit concerning a 2015 Audi Q5 with a two-litre TFSI engine, allegedly low-emission according to the Euro 6 standard, the expert appointed by the court found out: The emission of nitrogen oxide and carbon monoxide increases when the driver of the car turns the steering wheel. Experts see this as a clear indication of a so-called test bench detection. During the test bench trials to determine the emission of pollutants for type approval, the steering wheel is not moved. So as soon as the steering wheel is moved, one thing is certain: the car is not on the test bench. Apparently, Audi engineers trimmed the engine management system for this case for performance and efficiency and reduced the exhaust emission control - just like the EA189 diesel engines that are at the center of the emissions scandal.
According to tagesschau.de, internal VW documents, which were leaked to reporters of the Südwestrundfunk (SWR), confirm the suspicion of illegal manipulation of gasoline engines as well. Neither the VW group nor the Ministry of Transportation and the Federal Motor Transport Authority have so far commented on the documents and the conspicuous measurements of the court expert."

The TV link on these news (German): https://www.tagesschau.de/investigativ/swr/audi-abgasskandal-109.html

A AUDI legal process is actually open in Offenburg / Germany.

What does this mean for a AUDI Q5 driver when he buys such a car: he is condemned to drive straight and is not allowed to stear - otherwise the emission is above the limit

GFIs1

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Report confirmed: Audi petrol engine involved in exhaust gas scandal / Dr. Stoll & Sauer files charges against ex-boss Stadler

"The exhaust gas scandal is one chapter richer. Vehicles with gasoline engines from VW subsidiary Audi are also affected. In a case (Ref.: 4 O 159/17) of the law firm Dr. Stoll & Sauer Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH from Lahr, the Offenburg Regional Court has obtained an expert opinion which clearly shows that the exhaust gas purification system of an Audi Q5 TFSI 2.0 Euro 6 has been tampered with. Exhaust gas limits are obviously only complied with on the test bench. In response, Dr. Stoll & Sauer has filed criminal charges against former Audi boss Rupert Stadler for fraud."

From the page of Dr. Stoll & Sauer lawyers Germany

GFIs1

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

SMCJB View Post
Interesting that they worded it like that. Because it's true the damage is immoral in nature and probably not financial in nature.

The wording "immoral damage" is a key in German law which means that a client has a good chance to get out of a former contract. With some chance of getting money back.

GFIs1

Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,375
Thanks Received: 10,192

GFIs1 View Post
the Offenburg Regional Court has obtained an expert opinion which clearly shows that the exhaust gas purification system of an Audi Q5 TFSI 2.0 Euro 6 has been tampered with. Exhaust gas limits are obviously only complied with on the test bench.

Maybe/Hopefully they'll replace my Q7 for free - which incidentally, is an amazing vehicle.

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

The latest AUDI Q5 Report - gasoline

Results of the Audi 5 expert report of 9 July 2020:

1) Emissions of nitrogen oxides rose by 24.5 percent when the steering wheel was turned.
Carbon monoxide emissions rose by 59 percent when the steering wheel was turned.
2) Emissions of nitrogen oxides were more than 80 mg/km - and
thus above the Euro 6 petrol limit of 60 mg/km.
In addition, nitrogen oxide emissions were 301 percent higher than Audi's manufacturer's specifications.
3) The fuel consumption specified by Audi was also not met.
4) The steering wheel angle affects the vehicle's control software.
5) The vehicle recognizes whether it is on a test bench.

For the Federal Supreme Court, test bench detection is illegal if it alters exhaust gas values.
And it is precisely such a detection that the present expert opinion has found in the Audi Q5.

Translated
GFIs1

PS: What we learn: AUDI (plus VW group) has nothing learned from the past fines...
The betrayal is not only with repeated falsified advertising but especially in contrary to the environment already rules taken by the countries.

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

EX VW Group boss Winterkorn officially accused

According to German newspapers from yesterday:
"Gang based fraud
In the VW diesel scandal, the regional court has allowed the indictment of former group boss Martin Winterkorn.
Former Volkswagen boss Martin Winterkorn (73) and four other people in charge of the car manufacturer have to stand trial five years after the diesel scandal was exposed. The Braunschweig Regional Court declared on Wednesday that it would allow the prosecutors' indictment. And even more: the criminal court even partially intensified the accusations against the car managers.This is a clear signal. Although it is not yet clear when exactly the process will start. But it is clear that the legal investigation of the diesel scandal is making progress. And it is also clear that - contrary to what some observers initially suspected - the judges at the Volkswagen plant in Braunschweig are not proceeding with particular leniency."

The first major criminal case in the Volkswagen diesel scandal in Germany,
the trial against former Audi boss Rupert Stadler (57) will begin in Munich-Stadelheim at the end of September.

GFIs1

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 27, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts