NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Price Action Kewltech Style

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Maricas69 with 50 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two Eug911 with 38 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 1zach4 with 24 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TheTradeSlinger with 21 posts (65 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one TheTradeSlinger with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two timmymagic07 with 0.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Maricas69 with 0.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Eug911 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 217,348 views
    2. thumb_up 285 thanks given
    3. group 111 followers
    1. forum 340 posts
    2. attach_file 25 attachments

Search this Thread

Price Action Kewltech Style

ArthurKathleen
London England

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 7

cory View Post
the most complete file so far. I think the best thing about it is its kool name. As far as the idea presented in each chapter none of them is new you can google each chapter header and get hit with tons of info.

There is nothing new under the sun as they say

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
genkigenki
boston US

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Thanks for the reply TraderRich. What you posted has helped me a little. I've read it twice now but also going back to re-reading and picking up new things each time. Main parts I struggle with is that in some of the examples and explanations, the logic and explanation is simple in hindsight with the explanations marked but it can also be somewhat contradictory in the way, you can see the same kind of setups on the charts he is showing where what he says wouldn't have worked out.

I think the more I read it, it becomes that this is not a strategy or method in anyway, it's more just how the market moves and why it moves the way it does and it's then down your subjectivity on how to trade the chart with this knowledge.

I've been trading on and off the past few years however the last 6 months, I have been out of work so now been spending more or less full time hours into research and study with the hopes of being able to make a living from it.

So far I have been looking for a timeframe that is accu/dist. For example say the 60 minute is showing signs of accumulation, I then go down into the 30 minute to see accu started slightly earlier, then down into the 15 to see this started to accu slightly earlier that the other 2. Which is logical, momentum starts in the lower timeframes into the higher. You also see the same kind of chart patterns as momentum gains like this. I then revert back to the higher timeframe (60min) to see if we are approaching some form of support or approaching the end of a leg. I will look for any first touch opportunities to play long and then go back to the lower timeframe (15 min) to look for some kind of bull pattern for long entries and target the previous legs last lost support above

I have been looking at exact points rather than areas and in some cases, I have actually seen price touch to the exact pip and repel but I guess it's best to target areas given the subjectivity.

Do you use the MACD as confirmation of accu/dist or just the price action? I'd be interested in how you or anyone else usually go about finding or taking trades using kewltechs info to try and gain some more knowledge?

TraderRich View Post
Hi Genkigenki,

I am no expert or master by any means as I am still learning myself. Thanks for posting this to continue the learning opportunity for everyone in this thread. I start reading his method 4years ago and I also find his method/idea to be invaluable, a key stepping stone on my learning curve. I read his method few times and still couldn't understand it. I still need go back to review every now and then. I am not sure how long you have been trading or what stage you're in but here are my 2 cents about this for discussion.

"My understanding is:
Support is lost when price falls below the swing low that brought you to the swing high (the low is now your resistance on the way back up)
Support is gained when price moves above the high that brought you to the low (support is now the high on any retest back down)"

You understand is pretty much on point. You can also think of support lost/gain as the following if its easier:
Support lost: The level/zone of demand where the price has previously found bottom but now it has broken lower. It will become zone/level of supply when the price goes back up to it
Support gain: The level/zone of supply where the price has previously found the top but now it has broken higher. It will become zone/level of demand when the price goes back down to it.

"It's also my understanding that upon first test of either support gained or support lost, it is likely there will be a repel either large or small depending on where it is in the trend and timeframe."

That is generally true. Once it broke below demand zone/level and then goes back up to it, it will generally become a supply area and expect some sell off to happen. The intensity of that sell off, like you said, depends on the time frame and your overall view on the trend on your time frame. The winning side of bull vs. bear.

"I've attached one of the photos from the book on it for clarity in what I'm asking. The yellow boxes are supposedly the first test which is clear on the first support lost but my question is the other support lost and gained, there is clear upper and lower wicks with ranges back up and below the support lost/gained. How do you class a support lost/gained as "Untested""

I think you shouldn't expect the level to get tested perfectly. If it the perfect level bothers you, try think of it as a "zone", the area from the close of the candle bar to its tail of the candle bar.

Attachment is your graph with some added labeling.

At point (1), your dash line, you should look further to the left to see that's support gain level from before but from what I see, you are correct. At point 2, you should also see if that's a significant level from before. It did hold support and test back up to your dash-level as first test before testing point (2) level again.

To Me, at point (3), the first level you labeled "gained" at about $56.28, the first candle to go back to touch the previous level is first test scenario which is the bar right after the green bar the finishes above $56.28, Thus, the first test is already done. From then on, when it tests, you should see it just as testing support or demand zone and assess the potential outcome based on how the candle from the time frame you are trading react at that zone. In this case, it did went back down to touch $56.28 but the candle never finish near it. To me, I see more bullish and heavy demand at $56.28

At point (4), that is the first time it test $56.71 since it support lost at around 16:00. Same goes to point (6) and your third yellow box.

Going to the right, or future, I will wait for it to break level (7) a pull back to level (7)as first touch and then enter for long, risking off the most recent support gain to the left and target level (8).

Again, I am still learning myself and no expert. Just my 2 cent to what I understand. I do hope some of these made sense and helped clear your mind a bit.

DONT GIVE UPP!!

Richard

TraderRich 
San Francisco CA

Experience: None
Platform: Thinkorswin
Trading: stocks, option, gold, ETF, Emini Es, Forex
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 13

genkigenki View Post
Thanks for the reply TraderRich. What you posted has helped me a little. I've read it twice now but also going back to re-reading and picking up new things each time. Main parts I struggle with is that in some of the examples and explanations, the logic and explanation is simple in hindsight with the explanations marked but it can also be somewhat contradictory in the way, you can see the same kind of setups on the charts he is showing where what he says wouldn't have worked out.

I think the more I read it, it becomes that this is not a strategy or method in anyway, it's more just how the market moves and why it moves the way it does and it's then down your subjectivity on how to trade the chart with this knowledge.

I've been trading on and off the past few years however the last 6 months, I have been out of work so now been spending more or less full time hours into research and study with the hopes of being able to make a living from it.

So far I have been looking for a timeframe that is accu/dist. For example say the 60 minute is showing signs of accumulation, I then go down into the 30 minute to see accu started slightly earlier, then down into the 15 to see this started to accu slightly earlier that the other 2. Which is logical, momentum starts in the lower timeframes into the higher. You also see the same kind of chart patterns as momentum gains like this. I then revert back to the higher timeframe (60min) to see if we are approaching some form of support or approaching the end of a leg. I will look for any first touch opportunities to play long and then go back to the lower timeframe (15 min) to look for some kind of bull pattern for long entries and target the previous legs last lost support above

I have been looking at exact points rather than areas and in some cases, I have actually seen price touch to the exact pip and repel but I guess it's best to target areas given the subjectivity.

Do you use the MACD as confirmation of accu/dist or just the price action? I'd be interested in how you or anyone else usually go about finding or taking trades using kewltechs info to try and gain some more knowledge?

Hi Genkigenki,

"Main parts I struggle with is that in some of the examples and explanations, the logic and explanation is simple in hindsight with the explanations marked but it can also be somewhat contradictory in the way, you can see the same kind of setups on the charts he is showing where what he says wouldn't have worked out.
I think the more I read it, it becomes that this is not a strategy or method in anyway, it's more just how the market moves and why it moves the way it does and it's then down your subjectivity on how to trade the chart with this knowledge."

That's the similar struggle I went through when I first read his blog. When I apply his technique, it fails. And then i realized, is not that his technique is not right but rather, i didn't have the correct mindset and approach to the market.
here are my 2 cent on how you should view his technique:
Like you said, his technique is more a like guide on why the market moves the way it does. Therefore, treat it as such or as one of your ingredient to your recipe. Your goal is not to "find" the strategy that works 100% of the time but rather your goal is to "develop" a strategy, or recipe, with different guidelines ,or different ingredient, that suits you best and give you the best chance to work 70% of the time. You have all the ingredients in the chart. The most difficult part is to find a way to put them all together to your advantage. There's no way around it. It all comes down to trail and error or, research, practice and repeat.

"So far I have been looking for a timeframe that is accu/dist. For example say the 60 minute is showing signs of accumulation, I then go down into the 30 minute to see accu started slightly earlier, then down into the 15 to see this started to accu slightly earlier that the other 2. Which is logical, momentum starts in the lower timeframes into the higher. You also see the same kind of chart patterns as momentum gains like this. I then revert back to the higher timeframe (60min) to see if we are approaching some form of support or approaching the end of a leg. I will look for any first touch opportunities to play long and then go back to the lower timeframe (15 min) to look for some kind of bull pattern for long entries and target the previous legs last lost support above"

I think you have the right approach to gauge momentum. I think you should also give more attention to your main time frame first before going down to lower time frame. For example, if 60min is your main time frame, you can evaluate your 60min chart to see what it had done recently, what the overall trend is and what your expectations are (e.g. are you thinking bullish because it had just broken above a resistance and its MACD is showing higher lows/slope upward with more bullish coming in and expect some pullback/correction before it go back up again or are you thinking bearish because it had just broken below a support level with MACD showing lower highs/downward slope with bearish volume coming in and expect a pullback/correction before it goes back down again)

"I have been looking at exact points rather than areas and in some cases, I have actually seen price touch to the exact pip and repel but I guess it's best to target areas given the subjectivity"

Yes, it is true that it can go to the exact point. What i mean is, if it helps you, when you identified the zone of your support/resistance and the price didn't reach to that exact point, you know that it have came down to you area of interest for you to execute your plan.

"Do you use the MACD as confirmation of accu/dist or just the price action? I'd be interested in how you or anyone else usually go about finding or taking trades using kewltechs info to try and gain some more knowledge?"

I wouldn't say I use MACD as confirmation but more like I used to see the momentum in the lower time frame in respect to my main time frame. I use it along with price action. For example, my time frame is 60min. If it broke above a recent resistance and I am looking for a pullback/correction back that level as support, I will go down to 30min chart to see if it is distributing for it to make the correction/pullback or will just continuing up.

Hope it helps a bit.

Have a nice weekend!

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,603

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

The DMCA is currently in a pending state, as it was missing some information. However, futures io has temporarily removed three posts from this discussion thread, as referenced by the DMCA takedown, on a good faith basis -- while we wait for an amended or re-filled DMCA takedown from Traders Underground. We expect to receive it within 3-days.

After the final DMCA is processed, a full explanation of why content was deleted so that members of futures io take notice of what the actual Copyright Claim is -- to ensure they avoid posting future copyrighted content. futures io does not permit copyrighted content in our community.

The specific content that was deleted was post # 712611, 713020, and 713053. The authors were @genkigenki, @WoodyFox and @TraderRich. This serves as warning to not post copyrighted content on our site.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

WoodyFox 
Columbus, Ohio

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 196
Thanks Received: 876

Big Mike View Post
Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

The DMCA is currently in a pending state, as it was missing some information. However, futures io has temporarily removed three posts from this discussion thread, as referenced by the DMCA takedown, on a good faith basis -- while we wait for an amended or re-filled DMCA takedown from Traders Underground. We expect to receive it within 3-days.

After the final DMCA is processed, a full explanation of why content was deleted so that members of futures io take notice of what the actual Copyright Claim is -- to ensure they avoid posting future copyrighted content. futures io does not permit copyrighted content in our community.

The specific content that was deleted was post # 712611, 713020, and 713053. The authors were @genkigenki, @WoodyFox and @TraderRich. This serves as warning to not post copyrighted content on our site.

Mike

Sorry Big Mike.
The front of the Document reads you are free to share(copy and redistribute in any medium or format).
Thought it would be fine to pass along.
Once again, Sorry for any problems I may have caused you.
Woody.

kalatta
New York

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 8

mehmeh View Post
I know where you can find everything. What you have is a stolen work that is not Kewltech. What you have included the KT blog and another individual's work that is unrelated. If you did not pay for it, you stole it... and well, I don't condone theft. Good luck to you.

while I somewhat agree that it would be a stolen, if you didn't pay for it, but the thing in question is itself a stolen work from KT. so much for stealing LOL

mehmeh 
Miami/USA

kalatta View Post
while I somewhat agree that it would be a stolen, if you didn't pay for it, but the thing in question is itself a stolen work from KT. so much for stealing LOL

I guess everything written about trading after 1930s is stolen from Dow, Wyckoff and all the gents that are responsible for modern TA. Don't be stupid. I know for a fact that that "stolen" work is actually copyrighted in US library of congress. Probably should do your homework, just saying.

kalatta
New York

TraderRich View Post
Hi Genkigenki,

"Main parts I struggle with is that in some of the examples and explanations, the logic and explanation is simple in hindsight with the explanations marked but it can also be somewhat contradictory in the way, you can see the same kind of setups on the charts he is showing where what he says wouldn't have worked out.
I think the more I read it, it becomes that this is not a strategy or method in anyway, it's more just how the market moves and why it moves the way it does and it's then down your subjectivity on how to trade the chart with this knowledge."

That's the similar struggle I went through when I first read his blog. When I apply his technique, it fails. And then i realized, is not that his technique is not right but rather, i didn't have the correct mindset and approach to the market.
here are my 2 cent on how you should view his technique:
Like you said, his technique is more a like guide on why the market moves the way it does. Therefore, treat it as such or as one of your ingredient to your recipe. Your goal is not to "find" the strategy that works 100% of the time but rather your goal is to "develop" a strategy, or recipe, with different guidelines ,or different ingredient, that suits you best and give you the best chance to work 70% of the time. You have all the ingredients in the chart. The most difficult part is to find a way to put them all together to your advantage. There's no way around it. It all comes down to trail and error or, research, practice and repeat.

"So far I have been looking for a timeframe that is accu/dist. For example say the 60 minute is showing signs of accumulation, I then go down into the 30 minute to see accu started slightly earlier, then down into the 15 to see this started to accu slightly earlier that the other 2. Which is logical, momentum starts in the lower timeframes into the higher. You also see the same kind of chart patterns as momentum gains like this. I then revert back to the higher timeframe (60min) to see if we are approaching some form of support or approaching the end of a leg. I will look for any first touch opportunities to play long and then go back to the lower timeframe (15 min) to look for some kind of bull pattern for long entries and target the previous legs last lost support above"

I think you have the right approach to gauge momentum. I think you should also give more attention to your main time frame first before going down to lower time frame. For example, if 60min is your main time frame, you can evaluate your 60min chart to see what it had done recently, what the overall trend is and what your expectations are (e.g. are you thinking bullish because it had just broken above a resistance and its MACD is showing higher lows/slope upward with more bullish coming in and expect some pullback/correction before it go back up again or are you thinking bearish because it had just broken below a support level with MACD showing lower highs/downward slope with bearish volume coming in and expect a pullback/correction before it goes back down again)

"I have been looking at exact points rather than areas and in some cases, I have actually seen price touch to the exact pip and repel but I guess it's best to target areas given the subjectivity"

Yes, it is true that it can go to the exact point. What i mean is, if it helps you, when you identified the zone of your support/resistance and the price didn't reach to that exact point, you know that it have came down to you area of interest for you to execute your plan.

"Do you use the MACD as confirmation of accu/dist or just the price action? I'd be interested in how you or anyone else usually go about finding or taking trades using kewltechs info to try and gain some more knowledge?"

I wouldn't say I use MACD as confirmation but more like I used to see the momentum in the lower time frame in respect to my main time frame. I use it along with price action. For example, my time frame is 60min. If it broke above a recent resistance and I am looking for a pullback/correction back that level as support, I will go down to 30min chart to see if it is distributing for it to make the correction/pullback or will just continuing up.

Hope it helps a bit.

Have a nice weekend!

I have been reading the kewltech for 3 years now. Im not successful by any means in day trading but here is what i learned. it is more or less same as what traderRich said.

1). S/R is a zone. Some zones have wider stops like 10/20 points, some zones have smaller stops like 5 points. I use daily/weekly/monthly zones.But 90 Percent of the zones will hold and make money. Trying to be precise with entry point and smaller stops will certainly make you lose money
2). the lower time frames are useful to see the momentum change in the zone like TraderRich said
3). if you want smaller stops that can be achieved but you have to wait for the retest of the level gained within the zone

kalatta
New York

mehmeh View Post
I guess everything written about trading after 1930s is stolen from Dow, Wyckoff and all the gents that are responsible for modern TA. Don't be stupid. I know for a fact that that "stolen" work is actually copyrighted in US library of congress. Probably should do your homework, just saying.

LOL ok sir, if that's what floats ur boat

mehmeh 
Miami/USA

kalatta View Post
LOL ok sir, if that's what floats ur boat

Just stating facts. I've seen it. Have a good weekend.

Last Updated on March 11, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts