NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Price Action Kewltech Style

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Maricas69 with 50 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two Eug911 with 38 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 1zach4 with 24 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TheTradeSlinger with 21 posts (65 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one TheTradeSlinger with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two timmymagic07 with 0.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Maricas69 with 0.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Eug911 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 214,486 views
    2. thumb_up 285 thanks given
    3. group 111 followers
    1. forum 340 posts
    2. attach_file 25 attachments

Search this Thread

Price Action Kewltech Style

timmymagic07
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 21

Arguru View Post
ah yes! Legs Continued is what I was referring too. Maricas69 is right there is no issue #6. I guess I counted the intro as an "issue." Anyways, I am more so a visual person, but I think I am beginning to understand this part.

What is it you do not understand about LEGS Continued?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
Kewltechgrad
London

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

It's funny how this is still on going - aside if John Murphy and Wyckoff had it sussed why the obsession with KT? There was no grp of authors only 2 people. The rest are plagiarising it for their own financial gains. Whilst there may be some terms sounding familiar they're not in the same context. Wyckoff using a pnf count guide with volume doesn't come close to KT. I met Hank Pruden at a Bloomberg London Oct 2014 a well known practitioner of Wyckoff was discussing the pound GBPUSD and couldn't tell you what it was doing if it was going to reverse or not. Cos the spot didn't have volume and Wyckoff requires that - I covered what was going to occur and why - he didn't get it at all. It was a civil discussion not out to crap all over his work nor highlight the flaws he just couldn't tell us what to expect next. I'm not knocking DOW, Murphy nor Wyckoff but it is not derived from their work.

See Mike, the original guys of both blogs are only defending their work to stop the abuse of people passing off their work as their own - no videos or any other content has been published by them and definitely not released onto the public domain - everyone else that is kicking off has either been found out or still miffed that they don't get the principles.

You're better of killing the KT thread to stop all the nonsense from people who have an itch to scratch about KT. KT is really like fight club people who get it don't really talk about it, have no need to redistribute or create videos or sell subscription services - those that do will and are being pursued via legal avenues.

Thanked by:
Arguru
Las Vegas United States

Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 2

timmymagic07 View Post
What is it you do not understand about LEGS Continued?

Lets say in the case of ES the last couple years, on the weekly for example. After April 2013, there is no leg to reference on the left, to figure out when there could be a possible resistance and cause a retracement. Is there a way to draw future resistance points? I understand you could go into lower timeframe and watch the moment shift with price action, but is there a way to get a rough price target when making new highs? and Thank you for your time!

timmymagic07
London, United Kingdom

Kewltechgrad View Post
It's funny how this is still on going - aside if John Murphy and Wyckoff had it sussed why the obsession with KT? There was no grp of authors only 2 people. The rest are plagiarising it for their own financial gains. Whilst there may be some terms sounding familiar they're not in the same context. Wyckoff using a pnf count guide with volume doesn't come close to KT. I met Hank Pruden at a Bloomberg London Oct 2014 a well known practitioner of Wyckoff was discussing the pound GBPUSD and couldn't tell you what it was doing if it was going to reverse or not. Cos the spot didn't have volume and Wyckoff requires that - I covered what was going to occur and why - he didn't get it at all. It was a civil discussion not out to crap all over his work nor highlight the flaws he just couldn't tell us what to expect next. I'm not knocking DOW, Murphy nor Wyckoff but it is not derived from their work.

See Mike, the original guys of both blogs are only defending their work to stop the abuse of people passing off their work as their own - no videos or any other content has been published by them and definitely not released onto the public domain - everyone else that is kicking off has either been found out or still miffed that they don't get the principles.

You're better of killing the KT thread to stop all the nonsense from people who have an itch to scratch about KT. KT is really like fight club people who get it don't really talk about it, have no need to redistribute or create videos or sell subscription services - those that do will and are being pursued via legal avenues.

Hah, Pruden wrote one of the first books I ever bought on trading (3 Skills of Top Trading I believe). He teaches Wyckoff at a University in San Fran, Golden Gate I think - you can even take the course online. Not worth it though, does not get close to KT when fully understood as you said.

twomanytimeframes
columbus, ohio

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 9

Candle's within candles. The end.

zManiac17
Seattle, United States

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 7

I figured since I learned some stuff from KT and various other places on the subject of gaining and losing support, I'd post a few charts here for others who are still trying to figure it out. This was the clearest example I could find.

The idea as I see it is basically this. At the point where the trend should have rejected to continue (down in this case) it gained instead and that is where the level is created. The level will be stronger or weaker depending on the time frame it was created in. These occur on all time frames whenever a trend reverses. This particular example is on the monthly so it's extremely obvious. This idea is basically the same thing as a bullish engulfing candle or a Wyckoff spring or supply/demand trading calls it rally base drop/drop base rally.

I like to draw these levels at candle closes, because that is the one point where the market can focus on collectively. However, when the price comes back to test what was gained or lost it is often a wick because price rejects the area quickly if it is a strong level. This also is dependent on what time frame you're viewing.

I couldn't post the links yet, so if you want add the www to check out the charts. Hopefully I don't get banned for that.

tradingview.com/x/052gWC32/

As a short cut a line chart can greatly simplify searching for these levels. Line charts show only the close with no wicks. Closes are very important. When a close happens on a high time frame, below or above a level, that level can be considered gained or lost. What time frame you choose to confirm this on is up to you. It's subjective. I think anything above daily is good. But if you're scalping on low time frames you might want to be using a 4 hour close to confirm.

tradingview.com/x/ZF2r2B2T/

This is just how I understand it to work, I don't know if it's right or not but it's been very useful for me.

KTDawg 
Canada

Jerry told me you were at it again. I see you have remained true to form with your hundreds of alias accounts. I'll leave some breadcrumbs that only you will recognize. I have decided I'd remove all doubt and clear up the egotistical crybaby pandering. Firstly, Glenn is not an author of the KT blog. He is what I believe the psychology texts would call a narcissist. Glenn is the author of the Spaztik blog. Spaztik blog was his attempt to garner attention, because that's what narcissist do.

The OG KT group(s) was actually a couple of Skype groups, due to the fact that we all shunned Glenn after he burned bridges. Glenn would like you to believe that he is Marlon Brando, barking orders. He won't tell you how Jerry and I took him under our wing and then kicked him to the curb. Remember Tahoe?

Perhaps we should ask the OG group(s) guys what they think of you? Greg, Andrew, Toby, Chris, Richard?

Before 2011-2012, Glenn wasn't much of a trader. I'll post some screenshots. It appears to me that he has also posted on at least three or four aliases within this thread as a means to provide credence to his argument that he is THE OG.

In all the time I've known Glenn, I have never once seen a live PnL from him. I can't understand why a guy in his mid 50s would waste 10 years making young guys on the internet believe he is something special... something to worship. Did I say he was a textbook narcissist?

Glenn never tells anyone that KT blog is purposely misleading (see leg hopping examples).

Do us all a favor and just stop. We don't need a repeat of stocktwits.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,539

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
timmymagic07
London, United Kingdom

KTDawg View Post
Jerry told me you were at it again. I see you have remained true to form with your hundreds of alias accounts. I'll leave some breadcrumbs that only you will recognize. I have decided I'd remove all doubt and clear up the egotistical crybaby pandering. Firstly, Glenn is not an author of the KT blog. He is what I believe the psychology texts would call a narcissist. Glenn is the author of the Spaztik blog. Spaztik blog was his attempt to garner attention, because that's what narcissist do.

The OG KT group(s) was actually a couple of Skype groups, due to the fact that we all shunned Glenn after he burned bridges. Glenn would like you to believe that he is Marlon Brando, barking orders. He won't tell you how Jerry and I took him under our wing and then kicked him to the curb. Remember Tahoe?

Perhaps we should ask the OG group(s) guys what they think of you? Greg, Andrew, Toby, Chris, Richard?

Before 2011-2012, Glenn wasn't much of a trader. I'll post some screenshots. It appears to me that he has also posted on at least three or four aliases within this thread as a means to provide credence to his argument that he is THE OG.

In all the time I've known Glenn, I have never once seen a live PnL from him. I can't understand why a guy in his mid 50s would waste 10 years making young guys on the internet believe he is something special... something to worship. Did I say he was a textbook narcissist?

Glenn never tells anyone that KT blog is purposely misleading (see leg hopping examples).

Do us all a favor and just stop. We don't need a repeat of stocktwits.

No idea if this is the real Dawg who wrote KT or not, but if it is thanks for putting the blog together mate - it has helped a lot of people in their trading and helped me achieve what I wanted to.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,539

It isn't/wasn't

timmymagic07 View Post
No idea if this is the real Dawg who wrote KT or not, but if it is thanks for putting the blog together mate - it has helped a lot of people in their trading and helped me achieve what I wanted to.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 11, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts