NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Price Action Kewltech Style

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Maricas69 with 50 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two Eug911 with 38 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 1zach4 with 24 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TheTradeSlinger with 21 posts (65 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one TheTradeSlinger with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two timmymagic07 with 0.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Maricas69 with 0.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Eug911 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 214,486 views
    2. thumb_up 285 thanks given
    3. group 111 followers
    1. forum 340 posts
    2. attach_file 25 attachments

Search this Thread

Price Action Kewltech Style

PA Padawan
cleaveland

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 2

Not sure if this forum is still frequented, but would love to share ideas and talk about the concepts of the blog. I have been working at the blog and concepts for close to a year and still missing some key things as far as what is important or significant in a move/leg. Will happily share details that I have picked up along the way and look fwd to chatting.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

tobym333
houston texas

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 8

I also have studied the blog for a bit. I usually don't get on here as I have a skype group to discuss trading with friends . But if you enjoy discussing the blog and trading I'll discuss it with you. What did you have in mind to share?

PA Padawan
cleaveland

From the way you put things into words, im sure your understanding is much better than mine of the blog and concepts within but i find targeting to be an issue for many that read or have read the blog. For instance, if retracing a leg down and you hit a leg untested from a valley on the left, what should you target? The previous peak to your left, the candle to the left of its high, its high wick is support that was gained correct? Also one issue i face is knowing what can not be gained or lost within a move, or you know it is going to the leg start? At whst time do you know with certainty that a new low or high will be made? What exactly do you pay attention to as far as a specific candle or area/congestion within a move? Hopefully some of what i asked makes sense, some of these concepts are hard to put into words.

tobym333
houston texas

PA Padawan View Post
From the way you put things into words, im sure your understanding is much better than mine of the blog and concepts within but i find targeting to be an issue for many that read or have read the blog. For instance, if retracing a leg down and you hit a leg untested from a valley on the left, what should you target? The previous peak to your left, the candle to the left of its high, its high wick is support that was gained correct? Also one issue i face is knowing what can not be gained or lost within a move, or you know it is going to the leg start? At whst time do you know with certainty that a new low or high will be made? What exactly do you pay attention to as far as a specific candle or area/congestion within a move? Hopefully some of what i asked makes sense, some of these concepts are hard to put into words.

Biggest thing is fitting the legs together from the significant high/low . Start at the bigger and work ur way in. And zoom out. Peeps always wanna zoom in to much. If you can see each individual candle ur zoomed in to far

Thanked by:
tobym333
houston texas

PA Padawan View Post

Regarding your question about targeting, if you were going up a leg down you should be focusing on the peaks, what that peak lost. Not the valley . Valleys are important yes, but InContext, when you smack you turn around and follow the move up that Brought you to where you smacked and find what you gained on that move up, then look left to the primary leg for context.

Thanked by:
PA Padawan
cleaveland

tobym333 View Post
Biggest thing is fitting the legs together from the significant high/low . Start at the bigger and work ur way in. And zoom out. Peeps always wanna zoom in to much. If you can see each individual candle ur zoomed in to far

Good point !!! I am guilty of that one. It is to easy to get sucked in to the little details in trying to perfect things. Part of the learning curve I suppose. I appreciate the quick responses, you seem like you know what your talking about. Am busy tonight but will attempt to post some charts on this application with some questions possibly tomorrow. I will try and think of some specifics. past price action of course. Not looking for handouts just wanting to learn.

PA Padawan
cleaveland

PA Padawan
cleaveland

so it hit the leg start, hit what the previous low had to gain and failed but recaptured it on the second try. If it had not recaptured that 1977.5 the down move would have continued. So something I am working on is knowing what can or can not be gained or lost so I am on the right side of a trade. Why I like to pay attention to lows and what they had to gain and highs what they lost. Also picking up on moves where say you go short at what a high lost but you are in a strong up trend and price pushes past and your stopped out above the high. Price typically comes back to what that high lost and pops hard to continue its up move. Also the same for a down trend and you go long at what a low gained but it pushes through. It often pops back up to what the low had to gain then drops hard to continue its down move. I feel that I am paying attention to the right spots, but feel free to correct me if I am not understanding completely. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Thanked by:
PA Padawan
cleaveland

and while its still fresh in my mind, if your in a down trend and you take that long at what the low gained but price pushes through, makes a new low but comes back to the low where you initially took the long, that gets the test of that significant area out of the way, so when trend eventually reverses, that area is already tested and will likely bypass it momentum pending. Have a great wknd , talk with you soon.

tobym333
houston texas

PA Padawan View Post

First , always start from the bigger . Always! And you will the significance of 1968 and why we ripped . It's a weekly level and former leg start. So a new weekly high was on tap.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 11, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts