NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

OneUp Trader / MES Capital / FuturesProfile (the owner lies about his identity)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tpredictor with 22 posts (32 thanks)
    2. looks_two rintin2x with 16 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 dyst with 15 posts (11 thanks)
    4. looks_4 RDK91 with 15 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tpredictor with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 154,329 views
    2. thumb_up 365 thanks given
    3. group 95 followers
    1. forum 297 posts
    2. attach_file 16 attachments

Search this Thread

OneUp Trader / MES Capital / FuturesProfile (the owner lies about his identity)

Raider 
Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader & Jigsaw
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: ZB UB

I called oneuptrader today and they said that theyre going to try to get their system up in the next few days - so much for that 50% discount. TAKE NOTE: i asked them what consistency means and the lady said it means not hitting your goal one day and then opening and closing a one contract trade the rest of the days. However, she also pointed out that its completely up to the funding partners discretion. So much for transparent evaluation. It was made clear that any combine win can be overturned by the funding partners.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

k7ler
CONSTANTINE/ALGERIA (DZ)

Thanks Given: 146
Thanks Received: 7

Sorry For Inconvenience
We are experiencing Heavy Traffic. We will be back soon

Sk8ter 
Beaverton, Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 1,199
Thanks Received: 130

Raider View Post
I called oneuptrader today and they said that theyre going to try to get their system up in the next few days - so much for that 50% discount. TAKE NOTE: i asked them what consistency means and the lady said it means not hitting your goal one day and then opening and closing a one contract trade the rest of the days. However, she also pointed out that its completely up to the funding partners discretion. So much for transparent evaluation. It was made clear that any combine win can be overturned by the funding partners.

@Raider, that's exactly how MES Capital did it so Oneup seems to be no different. You could meet the profit requirements but still get turned down for funding with no reasons provided.

tpredictor 
North Carolina

Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation
Trading: es

Provided they do provide a clear and rational explanation and state it upfront, it seems fair to me and better then having to pass the goals a second time like in the TST FTP. And, of course given that doing that will hurt their reputation, I suspect they will be rather judicious in this regards-- and keep in mind that MES did not charge anything. Either the beginner or the professional account with 80% split looks like the best options for me.

I will most-likely sign up if I can get it. But won't be able to trade 3 accounts concurrently, so will probably only take the best trades in my live and switch focus to the Oneup/TST accounts.

Raider View Post

Raider 
Canada

@tpredictor fair enough fair enough. I'm just a bitch sketched out by them. One thing I can't understand that threw me off a bit is that they made commissions $5 a round turn? In every single major instrument the commission is much less than that, and I think it's pretty unfair to bond traders where it's not unreasonable to get a commission rate of $2.50. Effectively what this does is make very short term scalping the 5 year very hard $5 commission & a 7.8125 ticker and it makes trading ZN much harder. Essentially that commission is 1/3 of a tick in ZN, so for example with my expectancy of around 1.1 tick per contract per trade, this instantly becomes about 0.7 or 0.8 per contract per trade. Which makes it much harder to trade these products. I'm not a fan of tst's flat commission of $3.68 but it's looking a whole lot better in comparison to oneuptrader's $5 commission rate which is pretty much double live commissions. I'm not saying it makes it impossible, just harder. Idk has anyone else realized the commission rate is high? Maybe it's just me

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

tpredictor 
North Carolina

Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation
Trading: es

Yes, it does state $2.50/side for all products for the evaluation. The live fees are here: Knowledge base | OneUp Trader Help Desk
These are all-in which do not seem that bad in the live. If I calculated Tradestation's fees properly, I get around $4.75/round for ES all-in versus $4.08 ONEUP live for $5 sim. The ZN/ZB is only $3.22 vs $5 all in. So as long as you can profit more then $2-3/trade you should be okay. Absolutely agree that in general though fees/commission make it very difficult to do the style of trading required to pass these things with any confidence. Granted the real risk with this style of trading is that if your precision exceeds your accuracy, you are guaranteed losers. Given that to pass with any confidence, you need to keep your risk below say $70 per trade and even better at around $25/per trade.. Now keep in mind it's almost impossible to build any sort of trading system that can profit consistently with less then say a $500 stop loss and you can see what your up against. I'm trying to get my risk down to 2-3 ticks per trade. Of course, you can take more risk per trade but then it only takes a few couple losers and you'll have hit either the trailing loss or the initial loss.

I'd, also, like to see them release a calendar and specific time before and after like TST does for the reports that one needs to be flat for.

Raider View Post
@tpredictor fair enough fair enough. I'm just a bitch sketched out by them. One thing I can't understand that threw me off a bit is that they made commissions $5 a round turn? In every single major instrument the commission is much less than that, and I think it's pretty unfair to bond traders where it's not unreasonable to get a commission rate of $2.50. Effectively what this does is make very short term scalping the 5 year very hard $5 commission & a 7.8125 ticker and it makes trading ZN much harder. Essentially that commission is 1/3 of a tick in ZN, so for example with my expectancy of around 1.1 tick per contract per trade, this instantly becomes about 0.7 or 0.8 per contract per trade. Which makes it much harder to trade these products. I'm not a fan of tst's flat commission of $3.68 but it's looking a whole lot better in comparison to oneuptrader's $5 commission rate which is pretty much double live commissions. I'm not saying it makes it impossible, just harder. Idk has anyone else realized the commission rate is high? Maybe it's just me

Raider 
Canada

@tpredictor well apparently u can trade anything on the live account 15 seconds after the release. 15 seconds before and after u have to be flat. In general the commission just makes it harder to pass in a single month which may just be them making it hard + more profitable. Btw out of curiosity... how r u paying $4.75 a rt for ES? Have u ever thought about a seat + tradeovate or stage 5? That'd pretty much cut your cost in half or less

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

All posts for "Oneup trader" don't belong in this thread, to the best of my knowledge, as they are off topic.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 RDK91 
Antwerp

Raider View Post

I also contacted OneUp and they said the 50% discount will be extended for a few more day's.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

Big Mike View Post
All posts for "Oneup trader" don't belong in this thread, to the best of my knowledge, as they are off topic.

I've been told OneUp is the same company as MES, so it is in fact on topic.

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 3, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts