NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

OneUp Trader / MES Capital / FuturesProfile (the owner lies about his identity)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tpredictor with 22 posts (32 thanks)
    2. looks_two rintin2x with 16 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 RDK91 with 15 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 dyst with 15 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tpredictor with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 156,277 views
    2. thumb_up 365 thanks given
    3. group 95 followers
    1. forum 297 posts
    2. attach_file 16 attachments

Search this Thread

OneUp Trader / MES Capital / FuturesProfile (the owner lies about his identity)

ibrown 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 5

ticktrooper View Post
Hold my beer, I'm going in!

Let's settle this legitimacy debate. Although in order to test whether they will deliver on their promises I'll need to beat the evaluation, cross the withdrawal threshold of $1500 for this account and make another $1000. So $4000 overall.

I shall of course keep you guys updated in due course. Wish me luck!

Good luck! Keep us updated! Which $25k account, the 50% or 80% profit split?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
36 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
 ticktrooper 
Dhaka, BD

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT7
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 9

ibrown View Post
Good luck! Keep us updated! Which $25k account, the 50% or 80% profit split?

The 50% split. Basically the cheapest that they offered. I was among the first to raise concerns about their legitimacy when they started OneUp. Figured I'd have a go at it since TST's FTP makes little sense to me. Worst case scenario I'm out like a hundred bucks and a bit of my time.

One week into the trial, things are going somewhat smooth. Their order queue system seems totally simulated since my trades are getting executed instantaneously. Even in the TST combine you feel a very "real" lag to your order execution which I have not experienced here so far. Its like trading with the ninja demo account.

Thanked by:
Zambi
Scottsdale

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 22

kriedd View Post
Just curious if anyone has hit their goal and if so whether OUT honored agreement to fund. I'm interested in signing up but always leery of a scam. I'd appreciate hearing anyone's experiences with them.

Thanks Kristi

Hi Kristi. To put your mind at ease: I passed the Evaluation and OneUp did honour the agreement as you put it. It was actually a very smooth process, an almost no-questions-asked kind of thing, except for a very, very general questionnaire which doesn't even ask how long you've been trading.

k7ler View Post
any one funded acount ? here

ibrown View Post
has anyone got funded?

00cedge View Post
I'm also interested to know if these guys are legit?

I did get funded and I can report that the operation is "legit". As I mentioned, it was actually very smooth and pleasant.

I think one reason why they've made it so easy is that they're not really risking any big money on you, and once you've made enough profit to cover the maximum allowed drawdown, it becomes virtually riskless for them as the posts around page 10 of this thread rightly point out.

hoolio 
Melbourne, Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8, Multicharts,Sierra
Broker: CQG, IB
Trading: YM,CL,GC,6E,6J
Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 60

My personal experience was that the datafeed is terrible, even if only used as a DOM, and that the whole thing looks like a cheap no frills replica of Topsstep.

I would not recommend this service or the customer support.

Your money is far better spent on micro-futures or the equivalent in CFDs if legal in your jurisdiction.
You learn a lot more with real money on the line rather than being someone else's hamster on a wheel where you feel you are in some kind of race before next month's subscription is due

vk79 
Michigan

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 265
Thanks Received: 85

hoolio View Post
My personal experience was that the datafeed is terrible, even if only used as a DOM, and that the whole thing looks like a cheap no frills replica of Topsstep.

Your money is far better spent on micro-futures or the equivalent in CFDs if legal in your jurisdiction.
You learn a lot more with real money on the line rather than being someone else's hamster on a wheel where you feel you are in some kind of race before next month's subscription is due

What data feed are you talking about? I have been on it for past 1 month or so, didnt see any problems

hoolio 
Melbourne, Australia

The RIthmic SIM Feed.
It is nowhere near the quality of the Rithmic live feed or a CQG live feed or CQG demo feed

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

hoolio View Post
The RIthmic SIM Feed.
It is nowhere near the quality of the Rithmic live feed or a CQG live feed or CQG demo feed

As far as I know, Sim and Production(live) are sitting on two separate servers, so they could have difference in latency.
This is just an assumption (but a reasonable one): if I had a Production and a Sim server, I would put more resources to Production. Latency with real accounts and money is more important than sim, and carries a different obligation and liability. Again, this is just my opinion.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Zambi
Scottsdale

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 22

hoolio View Post

While I haven't experienced any datafeed issues, I do agree with the second part of your post.

During the "test" period and later the funded period, I faced no datafeed/execution issues at all with ES, YM or NQ. I used NinjaTrader, SierraChart, Multichart and the provided R|Trader. Most of my orders were limit orders, but even the occasional market order was filled no more than single tick away.

Perhaps what you're referring to is the lack of extensive historic data?

Data and execution aside, what users need to realize is that you'll NEVER, EVER be trading with ANYWHERE NEAR the funded amount. This applies to both OneUp/MES and TopStep.

For example, the $50,000 account allows you to carry just 2 contracts. But to trade 2 contracts with your own money, all you need is $1,000, since the intraday margin at most discount brokers is $400-500 per contract for ES, YM, NQ, etc (maybe a little more for trading CL or GC).

Even when you've accumulated enough profit to increase your lot size, the $50,000 account allows you a maximum of 6 contracts. But at that point you're actually trading with YOUR profits, and you're nowhere near the 50-thousand you're supposedly trading. With either funding scheme (OUT or TS), the entire risk they're taking on you for a $50k account is just $1,000.

After you've made a thousand in profit, they can withdraw their thousand. From then on they have absolutely no risk, and they get 20-50% of your profits. The business model is pure genius if you ask me!

If I remember correctly, OneUp's largest account of $250,000 allows just 6 contracts at first. But you'll never actually be trading a quarter-of-a-million bucks, because effectively it is a $3,000 account.

Oh, and there's that contract you need to sign: it has so many rules that you effectively end up trading as THEIR employee even when you're actually trading YOUR profits.

Thanked by:
k7ler
CONSTANTINE/ALGERIA (DZ)

Thanks Given: 146
Thanks Received: 7

Hello, have already tested mes capital before, yes sometimes there have been flow connections and quite unpleasant especially for when you open a position I think that know a problem of flux, I find that there is too much rule also it risk not much money I think trader 4 or 6 or 10 contact and a good bargain if you have a good trading system and winner ratio

Thanked by:
 hoolio 
Melbourne, Australia

I thought I'd expand on my second point above, which applies equally to OneUp and Topstep.

One of my biggest issues with this approach is that if you have any fear of loss then by going the combine route you are in real danger of expounding or sidestepping that fear and making it harder to deal with later on.

I'll give you an example that applies to me.
When I did the combines, I'd be fine and then I would just have one of those sub sessions, usually about 10 minutes or less when I'd get into a fixed mindset and blow through $500 on a few trades mostly due to the fixed mindset and partly due to sloppiness in not following your processes correctly.

There is no real punishment for that. Sure, you have blown your subscription but you treat that as a subscription cost inside your head and avoid dealing with the loss. It does not help you with the underlying issue as you don't deal with the true consequence of your actions. All successful traders have had to deal with this properly.

Secondly, the whole idea of a subscription can put you into the wrong mentality entirely. It almost becomes a race inside your head to get to the end of the combine before the next subscription is due. No matter what Topstep's slogan is about patience, the truth is you feel you are in a race. This does not encourage good trading behaviour. In my opinion, it's far better to sit on your hands if the conditions are not right rather than trying to grind out trades to meet some deadline. That never works.

I'm happy to answer any PMs with specific questions about combines. Don't get me wrong, I see it as an educational process that you do learn things about yourself but I don't see it as good business practise for yourself as an aspiring trader.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 3, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts