NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

OneUp Trader / MES Capital / FuturesProfile (the owner lies about his identity)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tpredictor with 22 posts (32 thanks)
    2. looks_two rintin2x with 16 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 dyst with 15 posts (11 thanks)
    4. looks_4 RDK91 with 15 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tpredictor with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 154,224 views
    2. thumb_up 365 thanks given
    3. group 95 followers
    1. forum 297 posts
    2. attach_file 16 attachments

OneUp Trader / MES Capital / FuturesProfile (the owner lies about his identity)

icog 
Sofia Bulgaria

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation
Broker: TradeStation
Trading: Everything
Thanks Given: 391
Thanks Received: 181

There is something i found confusing on their Account fees page:

Knowledge base | OneUp Trader Help Desk

First they say: "As a funded trader, use of a trading platform fees are the sole responsibility of the trader. It is the duty of the trader to make sure and cover all costs relating to use of trading platforms."

And then later: "Commissions

Total commission include: commission, regulatory fee, platform fee, and exchange fee"

What is that second platform fee?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

ibrown 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 5

I've managed to create an account but can't pay for the accounts. Bit frustrating.

k7ler
CONSTANTINE/ALGERIA (DZ)

Thanks Given: 146
Thanks Received: 7

a have registre now very nice platforme wow you can talk all user very very nice concept a love it have very progress mescapital amazing

Raider 
Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader & Jigsaw
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: ZB UB

Anyone else not get analytics after today?

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

So has this company now changed its branding again, from FuturesProfile to MES to OneUp, or are all three still alive?

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

tpredictor 
North Carolina

Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation
Trading: es

I first contacted FuturesProfile around 2015. The reply came came with information about MES Capital even though the address was FuturesProfile. The owner behind all operations appears to be the same gentleman. I suspect that they are trying to structure things like Topsteptrader. MES is probably the capital arm, like Patak Trading, while Oneuptrader is the scout/technology company. I do not know if they will continue to use MES Capital or if they will be known as Oneuptrader going forward. MES Capital is still an active domain while FuturesProfile appears to be defunct. But, to be fair, the first reply did come back with MES Capital Group. So, I think FuturesProfile was jut a domain to drum up interest. This Oneuptrader looks more serious and different in nature. I have no affiliation with them and no official knowledge. According to the owner, he did state he had found some good traders: so presumably there are still some traders trading for MES Capital even though Oneuptrader is just launching.

Their previous broker was Vankar trading but it looks like the website is now gone and they were banned on Oct 4, 2016 as an introducing broker. They did verify to me that MES Capital had sufficient funds to fund traders: unfortunately not a positive sign that they were banned themselves for not keeping accurate funds. It would be good to know from Ninjatrader or whoever their broker is today they have the funds: based on my previous conversations with the owner, I did believe that they were more then well capitalized for funding traders. I've no reason to believe differently. It seems Ninjatrader or whoever holds the sub-accounts today should be able to verify.

https://www.leaprate.com/news/fxcm-and-gain-capital-introducing-broker-vankar-trading-permanently-barred-by-nfa/

Quoting 
Vankar Trading, established in 2001, shows on its website that it acts as an introducing broker of Forex brokers FXCM Inc (NASDAQ:FXCM), the Forex.com retail division of Gain Capital Holdings Inc (NYSE:GCAP), and of ATC Brokers. It also shows that clients can open futures accounts with Phillip Capital, Wedbush Securities, Gain Capital and Dorman Trading.

Big Mike View Post
So has this company now changed its branding again, from FuturesProfile to MES to OneUp, or are all three still alive?

Mike

k7ler
CONSTANTINE/ALGERIA (DZ)

Thanks Given: 146
Thanks Received: 7

a think his modele was good a have talk some time suppory he say was founds many good found some good traders with mescapital have made this oneup To evolve and make change He says He says that the business model and very profitable much more than he plan I will monitor this closely

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

Big Mike View Post

Mike

Isn't that amazing!? Everyone wants to give the poor struggling and undercapitalized trader money to trade. Isn't that great? Just prove yourself with a paper traded account and get funded...MEAN TIME on the other side of town called Reality City, where successful traders who became licensed Commodity Trading Advisors have to prove themselves for YEARS before anyone would throw them a serious dime.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is s substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Thanked by:

cotradetech
Romania

Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 17

I wish I have read these before I gave my money to TST. Good information for those who come from experience.

Sent from my iPad using futures.io

tpredictor 
North Carolina

Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation
Trading: es

MattZ, I do not think this is a fair comparison. Most CTA's are not hitting anywhere near this level of performance and they are trading much larger accounts. Beyond that, it is not possible to replicate a very active, floor trader style, day trading strategy through subscription service because of the fees and fill issues. It is true that the odds are stacked against the trader taking these services: but the odds are, also, stacked heavily against the futures trader who tries to open a 2k-5k account and trade it. Also, in the past traders could have traded on the floor or at a real prop firm. I have signed up for Oneuptrader and will be trying out. I am concurrently taking the combine. I do suggest every trader to have an "exit strategy" and loss limits to avoid combine/oneup treadmill.

I would suggest if a futures broker wants to be really innovative: offer a free or low cost monitored combine-style service with opportunity for funding! I think it could be natural evolution or next step but many will prefer to the traditional route which is more sensible if one has the capital and the service you, brokers, offer is valued.

Quick question, I'm assuming both at TST and Oneup that if you break the rules on any given month that the next month your charged you will be "reset" essentially or else there would be no reason to continue to pay versus starting another one? Is my understanding correct and that the $100 is just to reset early? I guess what I'm asking is what happens if you exceeded a loss limit and the rebill comes up?

mattz View Post
Isn't that amazing!? Everyone wants to give the poor struggling and undercapitalized trader money to trade. Isn't that great? Just prove yourself with a paper traded account and get funded...MEAN TIME on the other side of town called Reality City, where successful traders who became licensed Commodity Trading Advisors have to prove themselves for YEARS before anyone would throw them a serious dime.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is s substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Last Updated on March 3, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts