NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Game Plan

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one blackberry with 48 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 11 posts (50 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tturner86 with 10 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 traderkcrq with 6 posts (7 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one hobart with 5.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tturner86 with 2.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 blackberry with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,413 views
    2. thumb_up 170 thanks given
    3. group 13 followers
    1. forum 112 posts
    2. attach_file 19 attachments

Search this Thread

Game Plan

blackberry
newport coast, california

Thanks Given: 59
Thanks Received: 17

Did not see a 60m trigger. It later occured to me that today is not a good trading day, holiday! Price is not going anywhere. Monday, no trades.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
blackberry

TraderFeed: Lessons From Basketball: Trade Like a Free-Throw Shooter

https://traderfeed.blogspot.com/2015/03/making-your-trading-fist-five-fingers.html?m=1

blackberry

8 trades, 7 stopped, $ -270 + $ -32 in commision = $$ 302 out of the $ 766.97 account.

Over traded by the count of 7, considering the account size. Did not obey the set up rule. Allowed myself to get caught in the noise. Enough capital left for a single ES trade tomorrow. Otherwise I have to add more to the account. I love this job. Good thing my SL discipline is solid.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150908_114313.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	192339  

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

blackberry View Post
8 trades, 7 stopped, $ -270 + $ -32 in commision = $$ 302 out of the $ 766.97 account.

Over traded by the count of 7, considering the account size. Did not obey the set up rule. Allowed myself to get caught in the noise. Enough capital left for a single ES trade tomorrow. Otherwise I have to add more to the account. I love this job. Good thing my SL discipline is solid.

And that trade goes 1pt against you and your broker's risk desk liquidates the trade. This thread should be stickied and mandatory reading for any new trader.

It doesn't matter how 'solid' your game plan or strat is, if you don't have enough capital to play the game, you will lose every time.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
blackberry

One trade, stopped out @ + 2 ticks. Followed the set up rule, good stop loss. I'm happy with the outcome. Tomorrow is another day. 9 day trades today, 8 trades too many for this micro futures account. Game plan for tomorrow, to only trade the AAA+ set up on 60min chart. The ES is the only dance in town for me tomorrow, so it ought to be pretty straight forward.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150908_125430.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	192341  
blackberry

tturner86 View Post
And that trade goes 1pt against you and your broker's risk desk liquidates the trade. This thread should be stickied and mandatory reading for any new trader.

It doesn't matter how 'solid' your game plan or strat is, if you don't have enough capital to play the game, you will lose every time.

Wow, how fortunate am I to be greeted by so many smart and concern people of this forum. Clearly I was mistaken when I thought of day trading as a lonely business. Thank you for your post. I get it, "I'm never gonna make it". For the sake of this journal, maybe next time write something original ? This is just a ride tturner86. And yes I'm very conscious of it.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,539

blackberry View Post
Wow, how fortunate am I to be greeted by so many smart and concern people of this forum. Clearly I was mistaken when I thought of day trading as a lonely business. Thank you for your post. I get it, "I'm never gonna make it". For the sake of this journal, maybe next time write something original ? This is just a ride tturner86. And yes I'm very conscious of it.

If you want people to be constructive, then you should set a realistic expectation. Set yourself up for success, right now you've only set yourself up for failure. It's inevitable.

All you've done is the exact thing that all of us know won't work.

This has been documented hundreds of times on the forum, so after a while it gets old and most people just let the person blow up their account because they aren't taking the time to read or learn anyway.

The forum is overflowing with knowledge that is openly shared. There are people here that make real money. But you have to listen to them and you have to be open to the idea that you are wrong and don't know as much as other people that have been doing this for a long time.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

@blackberry you should go back and read this thread. It's pretty short so it won't take long. You've nearly blown up your account in just a few days, and everyone tried to warn you this would happen. You didn't listen, you thought you knew better.

Just stop trading that account right now and take the $750 you have left and hang on to it. Then make a real plan, one that has an actual chance of success.

There are lots of forums out there. nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) is different. I created nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) because I couldn't stand the other forums, the rude people, childish remarks. 99% of the time, nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) is a clear cut above and beyond what you'll find anywhere else. People are only replying to you because they are trying to help you, and it's my/our experience that sugar coating it doesn't help. You need to be told the truth -- that what you are doing is ridiculous -- so that you can hopefully snap out of it and start making a smart decision.

When I stop and write a reply, it costs me money. I am a full time trader, I post real-time trades and have posted months and months of statements that prove I make a good living at trading. Every time I write a reply, it's less time I spend on my trading. I am only doing it to try and help you, to try and get you to avoid making stupid mistakes.

You should try to be a bit more thankful and less defensive. I understand that loss is painful, and you've lost. But if you can't handle it and cope with loss, then you are not ever going to be a good trader. Trading is all about loss. It's all about risk. You've made a stupid decision with risk, so now we need to see if your next decision regarding loss shows improvement. If it doesn't, you should just walk away from trading and never think of it again --- because otherwise it's going to be nothing but a painful experience for you.

Mike

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

blackberry View Post

Then I have to ask Why?, Why waste your money and time?

This isn't just your never gonna make it post. You are congratulating yourself because of a 2 tick loss on the 9th trade of the day. That you state is 8 trades over your 'limit'. What good did your 1 trade limit do today? You failed that limit 8 times today.

If 9 trades can take you to margin, then it is a waste to even try and trade.

I see a thread like this and I almost feel like it is a joke and you are just here trolling serious traders.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

tturner86 View Post
I see a thread like this and I almost feel like it is a joke and you are just here trolling serious traders.

I think he is a real person. The only joke is the expectations he had. I'd like to know what he based those ridiculous expectations on. Probably some other people that trade sim and pretend cash, or some vendors/room types that do the same, that give the false impression that it's easy to make money.

I also place a lot of blame on brokers that allow this type of account to exist, much less brokers that prey on this exact type of customer. It should be illegal. How can they sleep at night?

Mike

Last Updated on September 15, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts