NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MotiveWave - experiences?

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Blonde with 16 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two ch123456 with 15 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ScottyA with 12 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SBtrader82 with 11 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jmflukeiii with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ch123456 with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ScottyA with 0.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SBtrader82 with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 88,939 views
    2. thumb_up 61 thanks given
    3. group 63 followers
    1. forum 159 posts
    2. attach_file 32 attachments

Search this Thread

MotiveWave - experiences?

AnvilRob 
Smithfield, VA
Legendary Options Mando

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tasty Trade, TradingView
Broker: Tasty Trade
Trading: Futures: Everything
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 347
Thanks Received: 964

Leatherneck View Post
How difficult would it be to maintain ten years of data for S&P 500 stocks and five years of data for twenty to thirty stocks between Italy and the Budapest exchange with motivewave.

Sent using the https://nexusfi.com/NexusFi mobile app

This would be a question for Motivewave support. The data providers will obviously be the maintainers of the data. Im pretty sure if you wanted to pull 10years of data to plot on your chart that can happen. You just need to make sure you have a data provider that stores the amount of data your looking for.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

Wow that is cjeap

Fall Seven Get Up Eight
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

ch123456 
Houston+Texas/United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader, Motivewave
Broker: NinjaTrader, Oanda, TD Ameritrade
Trading: CL GC
Thanks Given: 116
Thanks Received: 110

Many were complaining of slow loading tick charts. They have fixed the slowness in this release.

What's New in MotiveWave 5.4

(Released June 5, 2018)

Below is information on the major features and enhancements included in MotiveWave's version 5.4 (since the last major release of version 5.3). Please visit the MotiveWave download page for full Release Notes on each release including minor releases and to download the latest version of MotiveWave.

FEATURES

1. Fractional Volume - Support for fractional orders (values < 1) in crypto currencies. This affects live and historical data as well as placing orders on the simulated account.
2. Java 9 - Updated to the Java implementation (9.0.4).
3. PL Calculation Method - By default MotiveWave will calculate P/L using the current Bid/Ask price. You can change this to use last price in the Preferences Dialog (Configure -> Preferences from the Console Menu Bar). Click on "General" and then the "General" sub tab.
3. Java Mail - upgraded to the latest Java Mail API.
4. Double Click Properties - A new option has been added to the Preferences dialog to disable the feature to show the component properties when double clicking on a figure. See Configure -> Preferences from the Console menu bar, click on "Chart" then on "Options".
5. Historical Tick Data Performance Enhancements - Significant enhancements have been added to optimize the loading of large tick data sets (millions of ticks). This will improve the loading time and reduce memory usage. Existing studies and components have been updated to take advantage of these improvements..
Cumulative Delta - Added "Delta" to the cursor data. This is the closing delta - opening delta. Also re-implemented to reduce the memory footprint.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
stopnlimits
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 7

AMGT View Post
While looking for platforms, I found out about MotiveWave which does look very good and picked my interest, but I haven't found as much feedback around here as can be found for other platforms (like NT or SC).

So, does any futures.io (formerly BMT) member has already used (or is using) this platform? If so, what are your opinions about it? Pros, cons, good, bad, and so on.

I've tried to sign up for a demo which is nearly impossible and never got the chance. I have looked at the pricing and it's not that cheap but I do have a MAC computer and would like to use it to trade and I do see what MotiveWave is compatible with Apple computers

ch123456 

stopnlimits View Post
I've tried to sign up for a demo which is nearly impossible and never got the chance. I have looked at the pricing and it's not that cheap but I do have a MAC computer and would like to use it to trade and I do see what MotiveWave is compatible with Apple computers

I use it on the Mac and love it. IMO it is the best platform I have found for a Mac. I now use MW instead of NinjaTrader. The demo is instant if you download it from the page below.

Signup for our 14 Day Free Trial

Thanked by:
jhehe
Toronto Ontario

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Random question, is there a way to pull up like an objects window like on MetaTrader 5? I tend to draw a lot of horizontal rays. I would like to be able to just mass delete them. So far, I haven't been able to figure it out.

ch123456 

jhehe View Post
Random question, is there a way to pull up like an objects window like on MetaTrader 5? I tend to draw a lot of horizontal rays. I would like to be able to just mass delete them. So far, I haven't been able to figure it out.

Push the Alt button and "V" button at same time. It will bring up the object viewer window.

Thanked by:
jhehe
Toronto Ontario

thanks, I'm amazed by how customizable MotiveWave is and the amount of short cuts available at your disposal. Already signed up for an account with Amp Futures. Hoping to use this platform once I pass KYC and go live.

ch123456 

jhehe View Post
thanks, I'm amazed by how customizable MotiveWave is and the amount of short cuts available at your disposal. Already signed up for an account with Amp Futures. Hoping to use this platform once I pass KYC and go live.

Your welcome. Yes. It's very customizable. I really like it. It's a great platform. Awesome! Wishing you the best with your test and your trading.

jhehe
Toronto Ontario

Damn, unfortunately it looks like Amp no longer has that special offer with waiving platform fees and charging $0.25 per side. I will be going with CQG's QTrader then. It looks like the next best platform for me.

Last Updated on August 26, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts