NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MotiveWave - experiences?

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Blonde with 16 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two ch123456 with 15 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ScottyA with 12 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SBtrader82 with 11 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jmflukeiii with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two yolo778778 with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ch123456 with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ScottyA with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 88,990 views
    2. thumb_up 61 thanks given
    3. group 63 followers
    1. forum 159 posts
    2. attach_file 32 attachments

Search this Thread

MotiveWave - experiences?

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

Still thinking on this.
For the users is there FOOTPRINT and in multiple charts like range, volume, etc?

Fall Seven Get Up Eight
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

ch123456 
Houston+Texas/United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader, Motivewave
Broker: NinjaTrader, Oanda, TD Ameritrade
Trading: CL GC
Thanks Given: 116
Thanks Received: 110

The OFA system works two types of candles. It works on time based candles and the OFA system has its own candles which are a form of range bar called Probe and Rotation bars. I am very pleased with the system and would highly recommend.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

ch123456 

I attached photos of motivewave chart with ofa candles

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-12 08.06.29 PM.jpeg
Views:	917
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	242569   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-12 08.07.29 PM.jpeg
Views:	852
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	242570  
Thanked by:

ch123456 

Chart with Volume Imprint Candles that come with Motivewave

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2017-10-12 08.00.36 PM.jpeg
Views:	852
Size:	346.2 KB
ID:	242572  

ch123456 

Chart with TPO Profiles on them. This feature comes with Motivewave

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2017-10-12 08.20.27 PM.jpeg
Views:	771
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	242573   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-12 08.23.20 PM.jpeg
Views:	796
Size:	328.4 KB
ID:	242574  
 sbusso 
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Platform: Medved Trader, MotiveWave
Broker: IB/IQFeed
Trading: ES/NQ
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 1

Japhro View Post
Motivewave is an excellent charting platform, especially if you are a wave counter, fibs, gann or gartley etc, it has a lot of studies and you can do a lot with it. The documentation included is very thorough as well.however, there are cons :

For trading, the order handling side is quite simplistic, the DOm offer just very basic features, the options board is decent for equity options but untradeable for futures options due to flaws they have never addressed for years now. It is very hard and cumbersome to load a options strike in the dom, and then trade it for example.

When you contact support they will sound like they are wanting to be helpful, but when you get right down to it, they won't help much, just refer you to their documentation and if there is an issue, they will say it's on the development pile and you'll never hear from them again about it.

It is java based and therefore a memory/resource hog, especially with lots of charts open.

The have great documentation but very few videos on really using the platform, so you have to figure out a lot for yourself.

In all, I do not regret buying it per se, but I cannot use it for my intended purpose (trading futures options with it) so it for me is a realllllly expensive chart platform that gets used once in a while. Results may vary of course

This quite the most accurate feedback to be found on motivewave, especially for the support. Using it for a couple weeks for stock / futures after using SC for while, I think this platform should deserve more publicity. It is a very complete package, neat user interface, Mac and Windows native, yes it is java but havent been an issue so far for the memory, a lot of indicators and extendable.

After spending weeks to configure SC, trying to get Number Bars working correctly with IB/IQFeed (unsuccessfully), it was a breeze to use MotiveWave Volume Imprint out of the box, having a basic but cordial support and readable documentation.

Also they provide different pricing levels and the trade version is very inexpensive. I m not using their advanced Elliot / Gartley studies, but if it is your thing, MotiveWave will certainly be goto platform.

planetmoto 
freasno, ca usa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 85

sbusso View Post
This quite the most accurate feedback to be found on motivewave, especially for the support. Using it for a couple weeks for stock / futures after using SC for while, I think this platform should deserve more publicity. It is a very complete package, neat user interface, Mac and Windows native, yes it is java but havent been an issue so far for the memory, a lot of indicators and extendable.

After spending weeks to configure SC, trying to get Number Bars working correctly with IB/IQFeed (unsuccessfully), it was a breeze to use MotiveWave Volume Imprint out of the box, having a basic but cordial support and readable documentation.

Also they provide different pricing levels and the trade version is very inexpensive. I m not using their advanced Elliot / Gartley studies, but if it is your thing, MotiveWave will certainly be goto platform.

I would only recommend Motive Wave if you are really into longer term wave count charting. Harmonic patterns imo are no better than lunar cycles in trading, I would not recommend Motive for any type of day trader or short term trader it will slow down your machine especially if it is not the only platform you have running. SC with Infinity is far more resource efficient, along with TradeStation and TOS for an intra day active trader

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

sbusso 
Chiang Mai, Thailand

I m doing day trading, 3 platforms, not using waves, and my machine is running smoothly, it is not more resource demanding than IB (java also) or some other windows native platform I m using. Of course it may not be suitable for small or older computers. The important part for me was the time saved compared to SC, and I prefer spending this time trading than tweaking and guessing where to configure things. For people with small machines or who prefer to pay every month and spending days configuring it, SC is a good alternative.

planetmoto 
freasno, ca usa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 85

sbusso View Post
I m doing day trading, 3 platforms, not using waves, and my machine is running smoothly, it is not more resource demanding than IB (java also) or some other windows native platform I m using. Of course it may not be suitable for small or older computers. The important part for me was the time saved compared to SC, and I prefer spending this time trading than tweaking and guessing where to configure things. For people with small machines or who prefer to pay every month and spending days configuring it, SC is a good alternative.

I'm surprised your not noticing a slowdown from the memory usage of Motive Wave but that's good to hear.
As far as fees, SC is free if you do 15 RTs or so and if you don't it's like $15 a month, at least through Infinity Futures. I'm assuming you bought MW lifetime which is what, around $1000 or more depending on which version you purchased?? You'd have to pay for SC several years to equate that expense. Please correct me if missed something. Now if it's a preference thing regardless of details then to each their own, I hope MW works out for you long term

Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app

sbusso 
Chiang Mai, Thailand

MW the first trading version is at 299 and with promotion it goes down 225. That is less than 1 year of SC service 5, the one I was paying for because when using with Infinity you are locked down to use it only for what you trade with them, while I m trading also stocks. At the end when you go through infinity or another IB you pay for the software in your commissions.

With SC I needed to use their data feed, because some features were not working well with other feeds and they do not provide any support if you dont use their feed, that was another $45 a month on top. So I really liked using SC, spent days tweaking it, it is full of features, highly customisable, lightweight but so difficult to get it right and their support is just terribly unwelcoming. Then when I found MW with everything packaged in, easier to use, for a lifetime price quite inexpensive (even the 999 pro version), it was a no way back. And the more I use it, the more I like it, and I wish more people would talk about it, it is a great piece of software (as well as SC is).

Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 26, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts