NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MotiveWave - experiences?

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Blonde with 16 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two ch123456 with 15 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ScottyA with 12 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SBtrader82 with 11 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jmflukeiii with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two yolo778778 with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ch123456 with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ScottyA with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 90,218 views
    2. thumb_up 61 thanks given
    3. group 63 followers
    1. forum 159 posts
    2. attach_file 32 attachments

Search this Thread

MotiveWave - experiences?

Blonde
Luxembourg, LU

Thanks Given: 99
Thanks Received: 17

theprophe View Post
Motivewave ultimate includes all add on packs, nothing else to purchase. You don’t have to purchase the yearly support either. Also they also have good sales come up a few times a year.

Hiya @theprophe

Thanks. I understand your point by add-ons that are offered by MotiveWave-Ultimate, but the add-ns that I referred to were:
1-TOS Study Library – Value Pack (A-Z), 450USD
2- AlgoX trading interface 1,249USD
3- AlgoX for MotiveWave 795USD
4- Advanced Profile Add-On for MotiveWave 495USD
(are #2 and #3 are the same or they are different products?)

Total= 2,989USD

I was thinking about purchasing these on MotiveWave Ultimate, 2295+2989= 5,284USD But this becomes pricy but is this worthy?

Abou yearly 295USD, in case of IB, is the broker, they update their servers and TWD weekly, thus every end of the week there is the possibility that MotiveWave Ultimate gives some error and can't connect to IB, can't connect to data from IB, can't connect the Tick data provider, or can't connect to pace and manage orders and positions, and if this happens, there is no support fr MotiveWave Ultimate as the support plan cost 295USD annually? e.g. Upto what I understand from their terms and conditions, purchasing MotiveWave Ultimate does not mean if either of the errors I mentioned with connection to IB if occurs, there is any free support, platform become useless and you shall purchase instantly a 295USD annual support plan? I emailed this to them asking about maintenance is free or not but they didn't reply to me clearly to clarify my points, thus I assume maintenance is the 295USD annual support plan?

If anyone knows anything further, please update me?

Other than this 5,284USD I was thinking of purchasing Multicharts v14, but I don't know will it's required to purchase both? Also, Multicharts have prices for their add-ons(I didn't research on them and yet, thus I can't say anything if it's useful or not)?

Also, I'm not sure if these MotiveWave Ultimate with these add-ons(2989 USD+29=295USD) are the best of the best algorithmic trading and technical analysis platform that I can purchase or not, and will Multicharts v14 with its paid add-on's can give me higher options than MotiveWave Ultimate with these add-ons or not?

I'm disappointed as there isn't much help in the forum for my questions about these?

Tnx and best of luck

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 120

Their customer service is awful.
They will get back to you in 6 weeks!
I think they are understaffed.
They also have a weird way of handling canceled leases only via email.
I've put in my cancel email about 2 weeks before the new pay cycle, let's see if they even respond to me this week!
They haven't answered an email in about a month!

Some nice charting features, but not worth it for me.
Their heatmap is the worst i've used, but I like their other orderflow tools.
Their DOM is trash.
All the work to scale everything perfectly is a major drawback as well...

Thanked by:
Blonde
Luxembourg, LU

MichaelFlowTrader View Post
Their customer service is awful.
They will get back to you in 6 weeks!
I think they are understaffed.
They also have a weird way of handling canceled leases only via email.
I've put in my cancel email about 2 weeks before the new pay cycle, let's see if they even respond to me this week!
They haven't answered an email in about a month!

Some nice charting features, but not worth it for me.
Their heatmap is the worst i've used, but I like their other orderflow tools.
Their DOM is trash.
All the work to scale everything perfectly is a major drawback as well...

Hiya @MichaelFlowTrader

Thanks. Do you use their own MotiveWave Ultimate built-in order flow tools or the add-ons on order flow as I mentioned here:

Which one have you used and like? Will it worth the price?

Besides this MotiveWave Ultimate plus add-ons, I only know Multicharts and its add-ons can be at the same level for algorithmic trading and technical analysis, what other option exists that offer connection to IB and few other top tier brokers and offer these complete set of technical analysis and algorithmic trading, that work stable and robust? Is there any other option for algorithmic trading and technical analysis of this caliber that exists in the market?

Tnx and best of luck

StickRustler
Melbourne, FL

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 2

Blonde View Post
Hiya @theprophe

Thanks. I understand your point by add-ons that are offered by MotiveWave-Ultimate, but the add-ns that I referred to were:

1-TOS Study Library – Value Pack (A-Z), 450USD

Total= 2,989USD

I was thinking about purchasing these on MotiveWave Ultimate, 2295+2989= 5,284USD But this becomes pricy but is this worthy?

Abou yearly 295USD, in case of IB, is the broker, they update their servers and TWD weekly, thus every end of the week there is the possibility that MotiveWave Ultimate gives some error and can't connect to IB, can't connect to data from IB, can't connect the Tick data provider, or can't connect to pace and manage orders and positions, and if this happens, there is no support fr MotiveWave Ultimate as the support plan cost 295USD annually? e.g. Upto what I understand from their terms and conditions, purchasing MotiveWave Ultimate does not mean if either of the errors I mentioned with connection to IB if occurs, there is any free support, platform become useless and you shall purchase instantly a 295USD annual support plan? I emailed this to them asking about maintenance is free or not but they didn't reply to me clearly to clarify my points, thus I assume maintenance is the 295USD annual support plan?

If anyone knows anything further, please update me?

Other than this 5,284USD I was thinking of purchasing Multicharts v14, but I don't know will it's required to purchase both? Also, Multicharts have prices for their add-ons(I didn't research on them and yet, thus I can't say anything if it's useful or not)?

Also, I'm not sure if these MotiveWave Ultimate with these add-ons(2989 USD+29=295USD) are the best of the best algorithmic trading and technical analysis platform that I can purchase or not, and will Multicharts v14 with its paid add-on's can give me higher options than MotiveWave Ultimate with these add-ons or not?

I'm disappointed as there isn't much help in the forum for my questions about these?

Tnx and best of luck

Where do you find these addons? See no mention of AlgoX on their site.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Blonde
Luxembourg, LU

StickRustler View Post
Where do you find these addons? See no mention of AlgoX on their site.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Hiya @StickRustler

I myself am confused as well. I find these on the internet online, search them separately to find the various websites offering them with their fee varies as I'm not sure which website is legitimate and I don't want to misguide to a website that I'm not sure about.

This is one: https://tradingindicators.com/mw-tospack-value/

Per my knowledge, there is not any specific collection of add-on's as a list available for MoiveWave-Ultimate?

About AlgoX, it has come as a disabled sub-menu item in my MotiveWave-Ultimate, but now as my trail finished, it removed from the sub-menu?

I can't say if I shall purchase the MotiveWave-Ultimate with add-on's or Multicharts v14 with add-on's or NT8 +many add-on's shall be purchase to be on par with MotiveWave-Ultimate or Multicharts that overall cost a lot more to collect the same amount of add-on's already available in MotiveWave-Ultimate and Multicharts for NT8. I don't know if there is any other option that exists or these are the best of the best and only available options?

Tnx and best of luck

MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Blonde View Post

I need to make a huge correction. It was MS Mail's fault why Motivewave wasn't getting my emails. So, their customer service is fine.

As far as what package I have, I have the orderflow package, which I will keep as my charting, and use Jigsaw for my DOMs/auction vista.

Thanked by:
pereiraalex
Torres Novas

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 14

I need to make a huge correction. It was MS Mail's fault why Motivewave wasn't getting my emails. So, their customer service is fine.

As far as what package I have, I have the orderflow package, which I will keep as my charting, and use Jigsaw for my DOMs/auction vista.

I was suspecting that you were the "CancelMyLeasePlease" in their forums

Well, I am glad all ended well, since you decided to keep using it.

Great of you to apologize in their forums and update the info here !

Thanked by:
Blonde
Luxembourg, LU

Hiya @MichaelFlowTrader

Thanks. Could you specify if the Order-flow you mentioned is the 'paid' add-on that is installed on MotiveWave-Ultimate as below? Could you send the link to the website that offers this add-on?
- AlgoX trading interface 1,249USD
- AlgoX for MotiveWave 795USD
- Advanced Profile Add-On for MotiveWave 495USD

And about using 'Jigsaw for my DOMs/auction vista', could you elaborate on the exact name of this if it's a paid add-on that is installable on MotiveWave-Ultimate upon purchasing separately? Could you send the link to the website that offers this add-on?

Tnx and best of luck

MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

pereiraalex View Post
I was suspecting that you were the "CancelMyLeasePlease" in their forums

Well, I am glad all ended well, since you decided to keep using it.

Great of you to apologize in their forums and update the info here !

LOL I have to apologize as loudly as I complained!!!

MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Blonde View Post
Hiya @MichaelFlowTrader

Thanks. Could you specify if the Order-flow you mentioned is the 'paid' add-on that is installed on MotiveWave-Ultimate as below? Could you send the link to the website that offers this add-on?
- AlgoX trading interface 1,249USD
- AlgoX for MotiveWave 795USD
- Advanced Profile Add-On for MotiveWave 495USD

And about using 'Jigsaw for my DOMs/auction vista', could you elaborate on the exact name of this if it's a paid add-on that is installable on MotiveWave-Ultimate upon purchasing separately? Could you send the link to the website that offers this add-on?

Tnx and best of luck

Jigsaw isn't an add on, it is a completely diff company/platform.

I do not have any of the added add-ons.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 26, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts