NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MotiveWave - experiences?

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Blonde with 16 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two ch123456 with 15 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ScottyA with 12 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SBtrader82 with 11 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jmflukeiii with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two yolo778778 with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ch123456 with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ScottyA with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 90,337 views
    2. thumb_up 61 thanks given
    3. group 63 followers
    1. forum 159 posts
    2. attach_file 32 attachments

Search this Thread

MotiveWave - experiences?

Antares66
Berlin+Germany

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 41

My question regards to the IB market data abo. I subscribed to "Us Securities Snapshot and Future Value Bundle" and "US Equitiy and Options Add-On Streaming Bundle". Do i get also the E-Mini realtime streaming data with these subscription or do i have to subscribe to „CBOE One Add-On Bundle“?
When typing the E-mini future symbols i do get the streaming data in realtime. Is that included with my recent subscription?
What is the difference between the market depth data and Level 2 data? You can subscribe those additionally.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors

Antares66
Berlin+Germany

ScottyA View Post
Yes, you can and it does, but the data won't be accurate. IB provides "snapshot" data and not tick data, so if you want accuracy in non-linear charts, I recommend another data provider (other than or in addition to IB).

With MW Support help, I now have my charts setup to display futures charts using IQFeed data but executing trades in IB. Also consider a solution like this! It's super cool!

Why are you using iQFeed when having CQG in your AMP account? I mean IQ is rather expensive. Would it be possible to use CQG for IB? I guess you must have MW pro and being connected to both brokers simultaneously.

ScottyA 
Dallas, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MotiveWave, NinjaTrader
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, AMP Clearing
Trading: NQ, ES, GC (sometimes RTY, NG)
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 9

Antares66 View Post
Why are you using iQFeed when having CQG in your AMP account?

Good question. I have used both IQFeed and CQG but never at the same time.

Antares66
Berlin+Germany

ScottyA View Post
Good question. I have used both IQFeed and CQG but never at the same time.

Hello Scotty,
did you post on the MWforum about using CQG for IB? This helped me very much. But I guess you have to buy the pro edition of MW. I have still the Orderflow edition.

ScottyA 
Dallas, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MotiveWave, NinjaTrader
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, AMP Clearing
Trading: NQ, ES, GC (sometimes RTY, NG)
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 9

Antares66 View Post
Hello Scotty,
did you post on the MWforum about using CQG for IB?

I am he!

stringchopper 
Indianapolis IN/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 2

Anyone here using OrderFlowAnalytics (OFA) with MotiveWave? I saw a mention of OFA in a help video by Tradovate (my broker). Looks like Tradovate worked with OFA at one time but not now(?). That prompted me to look at MotiveWave because the OFA website lists only MW and NT as preferred vendors. Anyhoo, I’ve only spent about 15 minutes in MotiveWave, but I really like what I see so far—and that I can run it on my Mac.
I can’t find many references to OFA when googling that aren’t four years old or more. OFA’s Facebook page show the latest comment at three years.
So I’m wondering if any current users of MotiveWave are using OFA and if OFA is worth paying for along with MW.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

pereiraalex
Torres Novas

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 14

yolo778778 View Post
Hello Donovan,

Thanks for the advise. Even though it does not really improve on my situation.
It's frustrating to see that my computer is running smoothly but the app is not. Something is just not right.
I switched back to my old Intel mac for a while, and it actually does a bit better than the M1. So there might be a compatibility issue.
Not sure how people say it runs smoothly? Wonder what kind of charts they are using?

Of course, if I tone the platform way down to the most simple studies, it can run better. But what is the point paying for a platform if I cannot "power use" for the price? Even when you have enough RAM and CPU.
BTW, with historical data checked, I am not getting a correct delta reading on my volume imprint. So that sucks too.

The only solution to me is just logging out and logging back in

This might be nothing, and I don't have much experience with motivewave, but in testing it on linux, I have this when launching through a terminal:

Code
(X) Got class = class com.sun.prism.es2.ES2Pipeline
Failed Graphics Hardware Qualifier check.
System GPU doesn't meet the es2 pipe requirement
GraphicsPipeline.createPipeline: error initializing pipeline com.sun.prism.es2.ES2Pipeline
meaning that graphics aren't gpu accelerated. Adding a

Code
-Dprism.forceGPU=true
to the launcher and it forces acceleration and motivewave becomes much much better.

optionable
Dayton Ohio

Thanks Received: 0

ch123456 View Post

What I don't like:

1. Vertical navigation of the chart is a little clunky
2. If you want an indicator that is not included, I think you have to find someone to program it for you.

Both Ninja and Motive are great platforms. You can't go wrong either way.

So is there a way in MotiveWave to move the whole chart up and down vertically? In Ninja I just hold down the control key while dragging in the price axis. That doesn't seem to work in Motive.

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

optionable View Post
So is there a way in MotiveWave to move the whole chart up and down vertically? In Ninja I just hold down the control key while dragging in the price axis. That doesn't seem to work in Motive.

Sure, you can just drag it up and down. Probably the reason why your chart does not move is because you have this botton selected, see the picture below.
Just un-select it and you will be able to move it up and down.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
optionable
Dayton Ohio

Thanks Received: 0

Thanks!!!! That was really frustrating!

Last Updated on August 26, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts