NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Primary source of income: how many have made it?

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jstnbrg with 55 posts (113 thanks)
    2. looks_two Jedi with 30 posts (25 thanks)
    3. looks_3 nakachalet with 25 posts (8 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Init with 23 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 22.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Private Banker with 6.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 6.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jstnbrg with 2.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 193,994 views
    2. thumb_up 1,655 thanks given
    3. group 130 followers
    1. forum 628 posts
    2. attach_file 34 attachments

Search this Thread

Primary source of income: how many have made it?

MetalTrade 

bmic View Post
Really? Do you make money off this Website? If yes, you not really just trading for living.

Well I hope he does. He deserves it.

Do you really think you can come over here with 1 post and trying to be a smart ass ? Crawl back in your hole please and give us your oil.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 emini_Holy_Grail 
Dallas,TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, OpenQuant
Broker: Zaner/Zen Fire
Trading: ES,6E,6B,GC,CL
Thanks Given: 176
Thanks Received: 126

bmic View Post
Really? Do you make money off this Website? If yes, you not really just trading for living.

""Really? Do you make money off this Website? If yes, you not really just trading for living.""

There are not that many people who can take initiative lie BMike to create a forum like this. It is helping lot of people NOT only learn how to trade but also to build physche every time you are down, which happens pretty often in this business. we have to be grateful for this

Thanked by:
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NINJA
Broker: ZEN
Trading: Crude

ZTR, a moderator, a phd and a researcher and teacher by profession, and now one of the toughest sob traders I know told me that he doesn't know anybody who works as long or hard as Big Mike does. Coming from ZTR, that is quite a compliment and backing. Big Mike has poured every bit of his time and life into making this incredible resource available at no cost to the public and to all of us most grateful members. If anybody takes the time to read and learn what is in here it just might change their life.

At first I was hesitant about the advertising. I have been on other sites where the advertisers hire posers to write posts and it just turns to lies and garbage. I have not seen any of that here and I know Big Mike would catch that very quickly and not allow it as he is a very smart guy and runs a very tight shop here.

Thanks Big Mike. I hope those advertisements at the very least cover some of your expenses and time spent working at this website. Thanks a lot.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 syxforex 
British Columbia

I also stand corrected. The banners are not paying interests. So, this is a commercial free website. Sorry Mike, thanks for correcting me.

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

In August 2010, i will hit my third year of daytrading fulltime. Before trading i was a systems analyst in the IT industry. I quit this domain to focus all my energies and attention to trading. I did it first for the liberty it provides. I have no other source of revenu. I begin at around 8:00 o'clock and trade till the close at 4:15. I just trade one instrument, the ES. I use Market Profile to locate the key areas and use tick chart (1210 ticks) to find my setups. I also display normal candlestick charts (m3, m5, m30).

syxforex 
British Columbia

He Trendisyourfriend. Are you based in Montreal? Come into the futures.io (formerly BMT) Skype room sometime if you want to chat with other traders during the trading day. I'm on a similar schedule but trading the Dow.

trendisyourfriend View Post
In August 2010, i will hit my third year of daytrading fulltime. Before trading i was a systems analyst in the IT industry. I quit this domain to focus all my energies and attention to trading. I did it first for the liberty it provides. I have no other source of revenu. I begin at around 8:00 o'clock and trade till the close at 4:15. I just trade one instrument, the ES. I use Market Profile to locate the key areas and use tick chart (1210 ticks) to find my setups. I also display normal candlestick charts (m3, m5, m30).

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

syxforex View Post
He Trendisyourfriend. Are you based in Montreal? Come into the futures.io (formerly BMT) Skype room sometime if you want to chat with other traders during the trading day. I'm on a similar schedule but trading the Dow.

i am located in Quebec city. What do i need to do or who do i need to call to enter the room ?

One word or two about my strategy. I constantly update my hypothesis about the current direction and once the bias is found, i try to enter at sweetspots, those areas where the risk is at its minimum. I never think about the reward part of the equation. My rational is simple, if i concentrate on decreasing my risk at key spots then winning should take care of itself.

syxforex 
British Columbia

You need to Skype Big Mike, there is a thread somewhere with the instructions.. I don't take a directional view and will trade any direction at anytime if I think the odds are in my favour. And of course, risk is everything!

i am located in Quebec city. What do i need to do or who do i need to call to enter the room ?

One word or two about my strategy. I constantly update my hypothesis about the current direction and once the bias is found, i try to enter at sweetspots, those areas where the risk is at its minimum. I never think about the reward part of the equation. My rational is simple, if i concentrate on decreasing my risk at key spots then winning should take care of itself.

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

Instructions here.

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

tickvix 
USA

Platform: Infinity
Broker: Infinity
Trading: ES, Euro
Thanks Given: 137
Thanks Received: 157

Hi TIYF,

I also use market profile. Do you use Value Areas for your S/R or you combine different days to arrive at your levels? Also, what is the significance of 1210 tick chart?

Thanks.

Last Updated on July 3, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts