NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

www.isystems.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 22 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Tirutrade with 15 posts (15 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mattz with 10 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 9 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mattz with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Tirutrade with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 36,822 views
    2. thumb_up 158 thanks given
    3. group 22 followers
    1. forum 88 posts
    2. attach_file 14 attachments

Search this Thread

www.isystems.com

andby 
Norwich, UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multiple:research&executi
Broker: Started with Stage5/OEC ... multiple
Trading: Anything found profitable goes ...
Thanks Given: 88
Thanks Received: 88

Hi all,

Have you came across isystems.com, and what's your opinion?
The site rents algos and will sell you signals for a monthly fee per algo.
To me, this sounds counter-intuitive to all good teachings about this topic. Why?

- We know a system could be profitable in a Tradestation env. and NOT profitable when run over another source of data like IQFeed. This is caused by various differences in handling the data - especially for futures, like back-adjusting, etc. So as far as I'm concerned, those algos could run on purely <random generated> data. There's no specification of where does the data come from.
- We only see the profit of those algos in their "ideal" setup - with their own data, etc. Customer performance can only be worse and who knows what's the profitability of customers following their signals is.
- Liquidity is a player - Algos always assume they get a fill while in the markets you might not. No idea of what's the decrease in profitability for those algos for various degrees of slippage.
- It's well known your own "monkey" (copyright FT71 ) will mess with your trades, when the homework is not yours and you don't know how the Algo works, so you cannot trust it fully. And you cannot trust it fully, as you know the picture those signals sell is not true because the other mentioned reasons.
- It's interesting their services started to be offered by various brokerages, Stage5 include.

To me, this sounds like another path to ruin disguised in a "pain free holy gail" algo journey to unexisting fortunes.
But I'm open to your comments

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
 jadejaguar 
Baltimore USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, Stocks
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi guys,
I am also interested to know if anyone has any personal experience with the automated isystems platform?

The backtested results for some of the algo systems are certainly ...interesting, but if someone could give their experience on what it's actually like to have real money vested into any of the automated trading solutions (and not just a sim account) that would be great.

Thanks,
~J

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

We have implemented the iSystems services and the automated execution of trading.
I do not think you can talk in terms of "personal experience" because there are many systems with a variety of results.
Therefore, the experience will vary on the performance of the system that was chosen.
Prior to use of this automation engine, I must have spent 10 hours on this to develop a due diligence process in the system selection. These systems can not be chosen blindly based on performance only. There are many variables that you can consider prior to choosing one. I find that the execution and reporting of the systems is one of the highest calibers out there.

THERE IS S SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF LOSS IN FUTURES TRADING. PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT INDICTIVE IF FUTURE RESULTS.

Matt
Optimus Futures

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,603

Hi guys,

It is my pleasure to welcome Anthony Giacomin from Stage 5 Trading and Walter Gallwas from iSystems on Thursday, April 27th @ 4:30 PM Eastern US.

The title for this webinar is "Introducing iSystems with Stage 5 Trading", and bullet points include:

- 650+ Automated Trading Strategies to choose from
- Clients start and stop systems via the platform online, not requiring any actions by the broker
- Manage your account live with the Award Winning S5 Mobile Trader, S5 Trader, and S5 Trade Analyzer!
- Once you have access, you will have 24-hour liquidity and 100% transparency.
- Does not require an LOD (letter of direction)
- The account is set up as a SELF DIRECTED Account. One account and trade as many systems as you like.
- Process for a system to get added to S5 iSystems
- Backtest, Forward Test and Live Trading
- This gets into more detail on how we test and post-performance

State of the art development tools.
- SDK systems are developed using modern Microsoft technologies, the same way regular software and websites are coded.
- Smooth learning curve for experienced trading systems developers. Programming language is very similar to other platforms (EasyLanguage, Ninja, C#)
- Completely free for developers. Not only tech support, but also software tools, historical market data, etc.,
- SDK strategies are compiled into machine code, so developers' intellectual property is protected (no source code is needed)

You can learn more about iSystems with Stage 5 here:
S5 iSystems - Stage 5 Trading Corp

Register for the event:
https://on.futures.io/cveuc

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Astrogirl
Milan/Italy

Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 12

Hello world!

I need and can share some helps about iSystems coding!

In particular, in Trading Motion SDK I need to code in C# the following conditions in advanced order method:

---------------------------------------------------------------
If time is 12:00am then enter a long stop order with a stop price of current bar + 5 ticks.
if time is 13:00am and the order above is not filled yet then cancel order.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Any help is appreciate!

Thanked by:
Astrogirl
Milan/Italy

Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 12

jadejaguar View Post
Hi guys,
I am also interested to know if anyone has any personal experience with the automated isystems platform?

The backtested results for some of the algo systems are certainly ...interesting, but if someone could give their experience on what it's actually like to have real money vested into any of the automated trading solutions (and not just a sim account) that would be great.

Thanks,
~J

I am using iSystems with my AMP account since months and it works great. What I really love is that it lets tradings totally hands free. I am using 2 different trading systems and it looks to work efficiently and sharp.
There are several systems coming from different developers and firms. I think that what really matters is to choose the right systems or the one that fits our needs.

Sorry for my poor English,

Bye!

Opstar 
Wherever I want to be

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 180
Thanks Received: 86

Hello,

I too have had a go with the isystems for the past few months. Still no holy grail, but some of the systems did managae to make some money while others either lost or breakeven so far. Overall, my account is still breakevenish after comms and fees. I did get rid of some of the systems that was losing me , which in hindsight wasnt a really bad decison or good but less stressful to watch.

Just fyi, some systems regarding gold (gc) can have insane slippage more so than other more liquid products i have tried thus far.

Thanked by:
Kalisto
Geneva, Switzerland

Thanks Given: 74
Thanks Received: 25

How much is the % share on subscription fees for the system developpers ? Any other revenue type (commissions split maybe) ?

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

mattz View Post
We have implemented the iSystems services and the automated execution of trading.
I do not think you can talk in terms of "personal experience" because there are many systems with a variety of results.
Therefore, the experience will vary on the performance of the system that was chosen.
Prior to use of this automation engine, I must have spent 10 hours on this to develop a due diligence process in the system selection. These systems can not be chosen blindly based on performance only. There are many variables that you can consider prior to choosing one. I find that the execution and reporting of the systems is one of the highest calibers out there.

THERE IS S SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF LOSS IN FUTURES TRADING. PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT INDICTIVE IF FUTURE RESULTS.

Matt
Optimus Futures

even if one of these systems work as more and more users come online and others leverage up is it not dooms day at some point.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 5, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts