NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NinjaTrader' s Ecosystem vetting vendors

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sharmas with 16 posts (16 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 6 posts (24 thanks)
    3. looks_3 BeachTrader with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 UmBillyCord with 2 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 UmBillyCord with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sharmas with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,360 views
    2. thumb_up 67 thanks given
    3. group 13 followers
    1. forum 37 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

NinjaTrader' s Ecosystem vetting vendors

sharmas 
Auckland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL and ES
Thanks Given: 3,822
Thanks Received: 750

@NinjaTrader
Would be nice to get a response

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
22 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks

BeachTrader 
Phoenix AZ

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: CL, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 432

sharmas View Post
@NinjaTrader

Sharmas, with all due respect I don't feel Ninja Trader owes you a response to this thread. Post #8 by phantomtrader shows Ninja Trader is very clear on their policy. If you really want further explanation, maybe you should email them directly?

Thanked by:
 sharmas 
Auckland

BeachTrader View Post
Sharmas, with all due respect I don't feel Ninja Trader owes you a response to this thread. Post #8 by phantomtrader shows Ninja Trader is very clear on their policy. If you really want further explanation, maybe you should email them directly?

That will be easy way out
futures.io (formerly BMT) forum is a fantastic place for NT to answer the simple question

What is their selection criteria and are they just like another Vendor only worried and concerned about filling their own pockets.
@NinjaTrader do you support any vendor that moves and breathes therefore quality is a foreign product to your business ethics

@NinjaTrader
WE welcome you and Ray to come out and explain how your selection criteria works when you choose a Ecosystem Vendor

NT you owe alot to retail traders who are your bread and butter.

Why you guys are letting so many cowboys to come and share their traffic lights and then in simple words allow your very own customers to be ripped off.

When NT promotes a vendor, their is certainly an obligation that a thorough review with back testing is done.

Other platforms do not have an ecosystems that promotes everyone and everything, so the quality
of customers it bring could be argued would be much higher overall

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,207
Thanks Received: 101,599

I'm all for stronger criteria for vendors, since most of them are snake oil in my opinion and prey on the average uneducated consumer.

But you need to stop baiting NT. If Ray wants to respond, he will. If you don't like what NT offers, don't use them. If you are unhappy about the vendor community, take action yourself.

Speaking to the last point, for years I've tried to get an initiative off the ground to hold vendors responsible. It's not as easy as you think in the litigious world we live in. In some cases, stupid people simply get what they deserve and you can't protect them from their own stupidity.

Sent from my phone

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 sharmas 
Auckland

And I totally agree and this is an excellent example of what BIg Mike does for us and why this is the best forum

If you look back Big Mike always protects us from these snake oil vendors and then we get annoyed at him now and then

Thank you Mike

Sometimes to get an ethical business to respond so that everyone can see is far more important than get an individual to bite at my question

Ninja Trader is the only platform that I am aware of that promotes Vendors and therefore then Ray has at least an obligation to respond here and show bit of leadership as this is a topical issue faced by many uneducated retail traders

Sharmas

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 985

sharmas View Post
And I totally agree and this is an excellent example of what BIg Mike does for us and why this is the best forum

If you look back Big Mike always protects us from these snake oil vendors and then we get annoyed at him now and then

Thank you Mike

Sometimes to get an ethical business to respond so that everyone can see is far more important than get an individual to bite at my question

Ninja Trader is the only platform that I am aware of that promotes Vendors and therefore then Ray has at least an obligation to respond here and show bit of leadership as this is a topical issue faced by many uneducated retail traders

Sharmas

TradeStation also offers products from independent developers. And they have a similar disclaimer as NinjaTrader. MetaTrader offers hundreds of products for FX traders with a disclaimer.

Some vendor products may not be to your liking, but that doesn't mean the developer is necessarily a "snake oil salesman". If, however, you know of a particular vendor who is scamming traders, you can always contact Ninja and provide evidence.

As far as "uneducated" traders are concerned, it's not up to a platform developer to educate a trader in anything other than their own platform. Ninja and TradeStation are not educational institutions. It's up to the trader to make independent decisions based on thorough research and self education.

Thanked by:

BeachTrader 
Phoenix AZ

Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: CL, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 432

sharmas View Post

Thank you Mike

Sharmas

Funny how you won't let this go Sharmas....

Thanked by:
 sharmas 
Auckland

BeachTrader View Post
Funny how you won't let this go Sharmas....

Thank you BeachTrader
The question is directed to @NinjaTrader and is it a crime to ask a genuine and ethical question to understand the selection criteria

A little guy is asking a question and yes NT is a larger than me

And with respect the question wasn't directed to you but it's okay this planet needs people who have one single purpose to interfere in others business

Have a blessed day

Sharmas

nightshade 
canton mi

Platform: ninja xtrader
Trading: tf, es
Thanks Given: 328
Thanks Received: 146

sharmas View Post
ninjatrader

i think the problem could be easily solved by eliminating the need for vendors
by having a area on bmt with a lot of information on coding things in NT and other platforms.
i think majority of traders seek vendors because they don't know how to code what they want themselves.
like me for example, all i could do in ninja script was change the momentum indie to paint line when above and below
certain level. But what i would really would like is a CD of the lmt orders to see change in the slope of the book. And that probably requires re coding the gom package which i have no idea how to do. so if futures.io (formerly BMT) would push education on coding then traders can make what ever idea that pops in their heads. As well as truly understanding how every indicator works (calc). this would make vendors somewhat obsolete. at least the garbage ones.

Thanked by:

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

sharmas View Post
Thank you BeachTrader
The question is directed to @NinjaTrader and is it a crime to ask a genuine and ethical question to understand the selection criteria

A little guy is asking a question and yes NT is a larger than me

And with respect the question wasn't directed to you but it's okay this planet needs people who have one single purpose to interfere in others business

Have a blessed day

Sharmas

Hello Sharmas,

I have been out of the country on vacation and in fact still am and have just seen your multiple posts so I appreciate your patience on my reply. You specifically ask, “what is NinjaTrader’s selection criteria for Ecosystem partners”. First, it is important to understand that anyone can build and market anything they want for NinjaTrader without our consent, permission or authorization since NinjaTrader is an open platform. We do have a formal vetting process for new ecosystem partners requests which I discuss in more detail below.

Specific to ecosystem members where we do provide visibility through the ecosystem website or webinar programs, these companies have been carefully vetted for any possible illegal activity (past or present), consistent or frequent customer complaints and regulator violations including the NFA and CFTC (perhaps you consider this selection criteria). In many cases new ecosystem partner requests are refused for these reasons although this is not publicly visible.

As far as “proving” their add-ons, systems or education are effective (profitable), that is the responsibility of the trader to determine since it is subjective in many cases. Our ecosystem events are not “vendor endorsements” they are risk free opportunities for traders to see and hear from ecosystem vendors such that they can make their own determination on possible value to them. We do not limit these vendors since you never know who may really click with traders nor do we penalize someone just because they are new to providing their services. Somehow you feel we are taking advantage of traders by taking this open approach which I disagree with since we are actually providing them opportunities to determine who may work for them which otherwise might not be available. We believe in a free and open market where traders can make these decisions for themselves so we facilitate these opportunities for them. We also do not have a compensated marketplace to reap financial gain from the ecosystem companies which would be the only reason your concerns with the ecosystem vendors would potentially make sense.

We also have an ecosystem disclaimer that covers some of what I have included here and others have mentioned in previous posts however with your multiple requests I wanted to expand on some of it for you. I have now directly replied to you on it and I will not enter into a debate about it so I hope our position is clear since I will not be responding again to this thread.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Last Updated on September 9, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts