NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Difference between Cumulative Delta Bars (CDB) - Up/Down Tick Volume and CDB Volume

Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Blash with 5 posts (7 thanks)
    2. looks_two Nick Berlin with 4 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Schnook with 3 posts (11 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Silvester17 with 3 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Silvester17 with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Schnook with 3.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Neo1 with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Blash with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 21,900 views
    2. thumb_up 43 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 23 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

Difference between Cumulative Delta Bars (CDB) - Up/Down Tick Volume and CDB Volume

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

Had a short little hiatus while I took care of taxes organizing and delivering papers to accountant and now mortgage refi submitting last requested doc today. Before Trump can work his magic....lol... 6th mortgage in 8.5 years working these great rates.

So I personally don't pay up on purpose when buying and the converse for selling but I understand every one’s diff with methods like scalping etc. I tend to wait for the unfair prices with relatively good queue position. Didn't always do this that's for sure 8 years ago in stocks. I placed orders at the market just not above it for a long. I equate it to being in a hurry and that doesn't bode well in trading IMHO.

Thanks everyone for the education.

This is an example of what I do....

and from Feb 23......

Ron

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

packoz 
Glenview, Illinois

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TS, Sierra Chart,
Broker: TS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 0

Can anyone offer guidance on how this information can used to assess the market? It seems to me a higher reading in positive uptick than delta means aggressive buying is taking place to drive price up. I know that is awfully simplistic but I suspect there are other layers to this that I am trying to understand.

trymph 
chicago us

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 50

packoz View Post
Can anyone offer guidance on how this information can used to assess the market? It seems to me a higher reading in positive uptick than delta means aggressive buying is taking place to drive price up. I know that is awfully simplistic but I suspect there are other layers to this that I am trying to understand.

Simplistic is a good thing packoz xoxo KISS

@Schnook...........just catching up after a long hiatus so long that I had only used the TRIN and TICK indexes in those days; ashamed to admit I'm new to "Delta". Kudos for your nice definition of the difference in Delta vs +/- Tick Volume: IMHO packoz got it just right. So my question is:

Anyone configuring the ratio of Tick over Delta as a %percentage (maybe visa versa even) ? Seems to me we all want to know whether the market is moving with relative size; or NOT ........

I think I heard "the trend is your friend" somewhere before.... but its nice to fade the back and fill reversals on entry.

Regards
Trymph

trymph 
chicago us

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 50

@packoz see below as I've learned a bit since my last post in this thread. CD doesnt have to be a %age I dont think but the the foremost importance IMHO is whether the buyer or sellers are winning at any one time. And bid/ask in juxtaposition to +/- tick CDs can tell the tone. I mean all these indicators only matter IF price is changing OR NOT even; price is the whole point isn't it? rhetorical question<g>

trymph View Post
Anyone configuring the ratio of Tick over Delta as a %percentage (maybe visa versa even) ? Seems to me we all want to know whether the market is moving with relative size; or NOT ........
Regards
Trymph

To which in my quest I've found:

trymph View Post
@matthew28: Thanks Matthew, I did email Jigsaw support with those questions also. I await a reply. I really would like a CD histogram in a lower panel. NT8 does that along with both BID ASK & UpDown Tick trade volume Delta Type CDs I've learned. Using SMA 1 period study of study, I can get my line style UpDown Tick CD in the same panel as the Bid/Ask histogram. Always on the quest for the holy grail indo!! <g> It would be nice if Ninja would provide a means for a test drive before plucking down $1099 to anti-up and sit at the table with a Lifetime License for Order Flow+ to get CD though; especially on a SIM basis. I'm still SIM trading to work out my ATM & Stop strategies. After last week's volatility good thing for that........still need some tweeking; nothing worse than selling the top and getting stopped out on a 50 tick retracement trailing offset just before being right for 1000 YM ticks!!!

Regards/ scapling disease is not terminal
Trymph

Regards all

Last Updated on May 2, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts