NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Perrys Trading Platform

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one perryg with 303 posts (915 thanks)
    2. looks_two wgreenie with 90 posts (66 thanks)
    3. looks_3 plethora with 83 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 MetalTrade with 34 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one zt379 with 4.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two perryg with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 monpere with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 740,250 views
    2. thumb_up 1,732 thanks given
    3. group 187 followers
    1. forum 1,206 posts
    2. attach_file 276 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Perrys Trading Platform

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

Thanks Perry for your prompt clarification. Great news that we can avoid most choppiness with the ADX/DM indicator on Panel 4. We may even become fortune-tellers when we can forecast Top/Bottom .. haha ..

I'm thrilled to have the last missing piece in good order (now my chart matches yours 100%) .. Thank You .. Thank You!

Beth

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

perryg 
Rechovot

Experience: Advanced
Broker: CQG
Trading: Index,Currency and Energy futures
Thanks Given: 508
Thanks Received: 6,288

To ALL,

Please add the following indicator in place of the DM indicator. The attached indicator is called DMplus, and it adds a little box in the top left hand corner which says, "TRADE" or "NO TRADE", based on previous explanations of how to use the ADX.

Many thanks to eDanny who change the code for me.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: DMplus.zip
Started this thread
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

perryg View Post
The attached indicator is called DMplus, and it adds a little box in the top left hand corner which says, "TRADE" or "NO TRADE", based on previous explanations of how to use the ADX.

Many thanks to eDanny who change the code for me.

Big Big Big Big Big Big Thank You to both Perry and Danny for this Amazing gift!!

Beth

randyjb 
Southern California

Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 497
Thanks Received: 34

Thanks to both you and eDanny for this enhancement... though I did move the alert box to the top right on my chart, next to price and just widened the right margin a tad so it will never run into the price bars or the jtRangeMarker. Thanks for keeping the little enhancements and info about the method coming.

gfg1 
USA

Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 75

Randy, could you explain how you moved the alert box to the top right? TIA

randyjb View Post
though I did move the alert box to the top right on my chart, next to price and just widened the right margin a tad

randyjb 
Southern California

Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 497
Thanks Received: 34

Sure.. go to Control Center>Tools>Edit Ninjascript>Indicator... scroll over to DMPlus.. double left-click it.. then, when it opens up.. scroll all the way down to lines 103 and 105 and where it says TextPosition.TopLeft .. change those to TextPosition.TopRight... then left click on the compile icon on top (just to the right of the binoculars icon) and after it says "Indicator Generated" you can X out of all that and then go back to your chart, right click on the chart, scroll down to Reload Ninjascript, left click that once and when the screen redraws you can then exit back to your chart and your alert box should be on the top right. I use a right margin of 90... in order to avoid any conflict with it running too close to current price and the jtRangeMarker...

Hope that helps,
Randy

Thanked by:

perryg 
Rechovot

ALL,

Here is an even more updated version where I have added the possiblity of "End Trend" when the ADX is ABOVE BOTH +DI and -DI as explained in my previous post.

WARNING: This does not mean it is final, it is only a warning sign. Watch the ADX to see when it starts turning DOWN, this should be the turning point. We could still contnue with the trend, but it is a good place to take profits.

Start looking at your charts now.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: DMplus.zip
Started this thread

perryg 
Rechovot

Here is a lovely example from today of the 6J (Japanese / $) with the new "END TREND". We can first a change in direction - take profit area, then a further entry to the final end of trend. See how the ADX goes ABOVE both the DI and then eventually turns down. A perfect example.

The BLUE indicator showing "END TREND" is now automatic whenever the occurence of ADX is ABOVE BOTH +DI and -DI

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	End of Trend.png
Views:	2032
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	11236  
Started this thread
 keepdchange 
California

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Zen Fire
Trading: ES, Currency Futures (6E)
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 10

Hi Perry,

Thanks for your kind contribution. Could you please let me know where I can find the Force Index v.2.

Much appreciated.
-Keep

perryg View Post
After putting the ForceIndex onto the forum, it has developed into so many variations and questions, with the introduction of the boomerang, all of which is very similar to the way I trade, I though it best to put a full scale model up for discussion.

I trade very simply. WhatI have done is put together a platform that KEEPS me out of trouble, as I will explain fully what this means. I prefer to miss out on a trade even though in hind sight it turned out to be good. I would like to have more probabilities on my side.

PERRYs TRADING PLATFORM:

1. MASlopeBoxMuti (SMA 40) - Purple dashed line
2. SMA (3) - Black line (price type = median)
3. SMA_colours (14) - Red,Blue,Grey
4. ForceIndex_v02 (EMA 13) - First row of coloured bars at bottom of chart
5. JeffADX (5,15) - Second row of coloured bars at bottom of chart
6. DM(5) - Last indicator at bottom of chart
7. jtRAngeMarker - Show me the exact begining and end of the current trading bar
8. PriceLineIndicator
9. MurreyMaths
10. TheAboxForRange(5,25) - This shows me a little box with the actual ADX number above or below my threshold of 25

RULES:

1. ONLY TRADE IN THE DIRECTION OF THE SMA(40). Never try anything else. This will keep you in the money and sane, with no stress.

Long Entries:

1. The SMA(40) must be going UP or FLAT. Look at the SLOPE - either 0 or +plus (Blue) . Most of the time you can see the direction by just looking at the line.

2. SMA(3) must be ABOVE the SMA(14)=BLUE, and ABOVE the SMA (40).

3. ForceIndex = BLUE

4. ADX = GREEN

Short Entries:

1. The SMA(40) must be going DOWN or FLAT. Look at the SLOPE - either 0 or minus(red) . Most of the time you can see the direction by just looking at the line.

2. SMA(3) must be BELOW the SMA(14)=RED, and BELOW the SMA (40).

3. ForceIndex = RED

4. ADX = GREEN

The above is a very VISUAL way to read a chart. Very simple and very very effective. Always look at the SMA (40) and its direction. Many instances we get a full setup that looks perfect, but the SMA(40) is going in the other direction. DO NOT TAKE THIS TRADE. In most cases you will get stung. Even if the odd trade works out, do not take these trades.

As we proceed I will show you 2 methods of entering the trades even more safely, but for the moment I would like all to just understand the simple visual setup and look at charts. You will suddenly see how simple it is to SEE a good trade. This method will also keep you out of CHOP which so many get caught up in. You will see that in a choppy situation, one or more of the above will not fall into place. Again watch you SMA(40).

Thanked by:

max-td 
Frankfurt

Trading: FGBL 6E B4
Thanks Given: 2,309
Thanks Received: 927

hey keep,
take this !

Force Index v.2

max-td
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: Force_Index_v02.zip

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 5, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts