NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Perrys Trading Platform

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one perryg with 303 posts (915 thanks)
    2. looks_two wgreenie with 90 posts (66 thanks)
    3. looks_3 plethora with 83 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 MetalTrade with 34 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one zt379 with 4.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two perryg with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 monpere with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 744,301 views
    2. thumb_up 1,732 thanks given
    3. group 187 followers
    1. forum 1,206 posts
    2. attach_file 276 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Perrys Trading Platform

Affliction 
Springfield, MO

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,373
Thanks Received: 45

ThatManFromTexas View Post
Insert the ConstantLines indicator in the panel with ForceIndex and set the values to whatever you want.

This works great! Saved a lot of time too!

Thanks!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

vegasfoster 
las vegas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Velocity/IB
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 304
Thanks Received: 844

There are a lot of entry requirements, has anyone considered making arrows?

perryg 
Rechovot

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: CQG
Trading: Index,Currency and Energy futures
Thanks Given: 508
Thanks Received: 6,288

Affliction View Post
As I have no programming skills - to say the least - could someone add "limit lines" above and below the zero line of the Force Index v2? These extra lines and center line (0) should have adjustable value inputs to modify per market instrument and allow for adjusting color. See screen shot - hopefully you get the idea anyway.

I am visualizing a senario such as, if the force index crosses the center line but does not breach the "limit" line then no trade until force index breaches the limit line either short or long. This "MAY" keep the trade away from SOME chop. Yes, this may also get you in the trade later also, but I think this can be overcome, especially if you are looking for hard runners and tight stops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just my thoughts though.

Thanks for a great thread perryg and everyone!

P.S. I also posted this in the Boomerang Thread.

Affliction,

The use of a constant line is a good solution, but I am not sure that the use of the ForceIndex will keep you out of Chop zones. This index is not really used for this purpose. The idea of the FI is that when it is above ZERO it is long and below it is short. You will generally need another indicator for Chop. Of course you MUST use the FI together with another indicator or MA to confirm the Long or SHort. I have found the use of the DMPlus indicator to work for Chop.

If however you do find the FI usefull for Chop, let us know. Good luck.

Started this thread
Thanked by:

perryg 
Rechovot

rajafx1 View Post
Hi
I have read the rules.
I want to know that... The EMA(5) - the black line - must have gone UP at least 2 Bars or more, with respect to what gone up? ,,,by this i understand the crossover of EMA 5 above EMA 20 by 2 bars,let me know if i am wrong.
Should we not take trades if there is same setup but EMA 5 is already above EMA20.
In the link you have given above , in chart 2, I see a long trade at 18.19, please let me know if i am wrong as there is crossover & also satisfying other conditions.

The black line EMA(5) has to go UP with repect to itself. The line must be going UP, and the only way to guarantee that is it going up is to see that it is going up at least 2 bars.

The crossover of the EMA5 with the EMA20. THis is not a criteria.

There is no long trade at 18.19, the reason is that the crossover of the EMA5 and EMA20 is not a criteria. At that point the EMA5 has not gone UP more than 2 bars, rules 3,4,5,6 are not confirmed. There is just no trade there.

Started this thread
Thanked by:
 Affliction 
Springfield, MO

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,373
Thanks Received: 45

perryg View Post
Affliction,

The use of a constant line is a good solution, but I am not sure that the use of the ForceIndex will keep you out of Chop zones. This index is not really used for this purpose. The idea of the FI is that when it is above ZERO it is long and below it is short. You will generally need another indicator for Chop. Of course you MUST use the FI together with another indicator or MA to confirm the Long or SHort. I have found the use of the DMPlus indicator to work for Chop.

If however you do find the FI usefull for Chop, let us know. Good luck.

Perryg,

You could very well be correct. As it stands now, the above use of the constant lines works "better" (still working on it) on the YM market than on the ES market. In fact, on the ES market I find (still working on it) that they work more of an "oversold" (watch for runner to end) indication and not an initial open trade filter.

Will keep you posted as this evolves..... the good, the bad and the indifferent.

Keep up the excellent work perryg and everyone. Thanks!

ollie 
St. Petersburg, Fl

Trading: ES,NQ, YM, CL,6E
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 233

Hello all,

I just found this forum last week. It is fantastic!!! This setup is how I trade, I didn't know it was called Boomerang.

I use 50 period SMA to show trend, and use 4 and 8 sma to cross and only trade in direction of trend. I use range bar of 11 for anchor, and 4 range to trade off of. I like using pivots and Fibs as well.

I would like to try Force Index as I think this will complement how I trade now. I down loaded indicator, chaged settings to hash and dash 90 width. However I do not know how to get the indicator bars to be all uniform like you all show in your screen shots. My bars are not in an even row, they fluctuate up and down. What settings do I need to adjust to get the bars to be in an even row? I changed to HMAs to SMAs, fast 7 and slow 13.

Keep things as simple as possible, but no simplier. Albert Einstein

If you can't explain it to an eight year old it's to complicated
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

perryg 
Rechovot

ollie View Post
Hello all,

I just found this forum last week. It is fantastic!!! This setup is how I trade, I didn't know it was called Boomerang.

I use 50 period SMA to show trend, and use 4 and 8 sma to cross and only trade in direction of trend. I use range bar of 11 for anchor, and 4 range to trade off of. I like using pivots and Fibs as well.

I would like to try Force Index as I think this will complement how I trade now. I down loaded indicator, chaged settings to hash and dash 90 width. However I do not know how to get the indicator bars to be all uniform like you all show in your screen shots. My bars are not in an even row, they fluctuate up and down. What settings do I need to adjust to get the bars to be in an even row? I changed to HMAs to SMAs, fast 7 and slow 13.

In the Indicator put the Dash style = DASH and Plot style = HASH

Started this thread
Thanked by:
 vegasfoster 
las vegas

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Velocity/IB
Thanks Given: 304
Thanks Received: 844

Try setting the width to 200 and shrink the frame to smaller.

Thanked by:

ollie 
St. Petersburg, Fl

Trading: ES,NQ, YM, CL,6E
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 233

Thank you Perry and Vega for your help. I had already changed the dash and plot style. I changed the width from 90 to 200 and this solution worked, the bars of the force index are all unuform now.

Thanks again,

Mike

Keep things as simple as possible, but no simplier. Albert Einstein

If you can't explain it to an eight year old it's to complicated
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Broker: Zen-Fire
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

perryg View Post
The black line EMA(5) has to go UP with repect to itself. The line must be going UP, and the only way to guarantee that is it going up is to see that it is going up at least 2 bars.

Hi Perry

Please confirm my understanding on your earlier post esp your suggestion in bold and Underlined above. When should I start counting the bars? For example:

For a Long signal with FI and DMplus in Green + MA lines all align, go Long IF the black line EMA(5) has already gone up at least 2 bars. Else wait until we have at least 2 bars then go Long.

I wasn't aware of the 2 bars condition until now. Thank you.

Beth

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 5, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts