NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Heikin Ashi Trend Charting - A thank to FatTails

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wldman with 12 posts (25 thanks)
    2. looks_two macguy with 5 posts (32 thanks)
    3. looks_3 1481 with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 renkonovice with 3 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one macguy with 6.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two trendwaves with 5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 3.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wldman with 2.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,001 views
    2. thumb_up 94 thanks given
    3. group 25 followers
    1. forum 39 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Heikin Ashi Trend Charting - A thank to FatTails

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

If you are interested in a "special" bar type. Consider "Auction Bars". Real price bars brilliantly and elegantly designed they include the most powerful bar information for analysis that I have ever seen.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Ratdog 
Lansing Michigan

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Nt8
Trading: Es
Thanks Given: 39
Thanks Received: 25

Truly amazing looking, thanks to you Dan and @FatTails
Would you mind posting up a description to how you personally use the auction bars with a picture or two? I see the picture before and it seems it called those what seem reversals, and one reversal failure, quite nicely.

I would use the search bar but quite frankly I'm sure it hates me.

Cheers!

Thanked by:

Toronto ON Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT4, Rithmic , Ninja
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 233
Thanks Received: 11

Thanks so much Dan for taking the time to post those charts, really appreciate it.
"If you are interested in a "special" bar type."...Actually, I'm trying to find a strategy I can trust and thought some bars might help with that...currently trying to see how well divergence works (if at all :-))...always open to suggestions of course.
Auction Bars...will have to see if I can find those, with your strong endorsement, very keen to see them in action.
Thanks again!!!

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

1481 View Post
Auction Bars...will have to see if I can find those, with your strong endorsement, very keen to see them in action.

Auction bars are the creation of @Fat Tails. They are available on his indicator site here, under Premium Indicators: https://www.lizardindicators.com/

There is a cost, and you will have to assess whether it is worth it to you. There is a free trial to give you an opportunity to decide.

Bob.

Toronto ON Canada

Platform: MT4, Rithmic , Ninja
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 233
Thanks Received: 11

Thanks for the link Bob! Would not have known about it otherwise...appreciate you sharing!

Thanked by:

iq200 
London, UK

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

wldman View Post
please consider this item to plot HACO colored regular price bars.

Shout if you want pictures and I will go make some.

wldman - I saw your earlier post today. Truth be told I have been meaning to write such an indicator for NT8 and after reading your post, I have knocked up a basic paint bar indicator which colours the price bars based on the colour of the Heiken Ashi candles. The colours are currently hardwired to Lime Green and Red though. If you're interested I can upload a copy. Can code the colours to be definable if you want..

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

@iq200

I appreciate the contribution. Thanks for doing that. My own view feels pretty well dialed in, but I bet numerous members would benefit.

Dan

Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

For @Fat Tails to be alerted there is a space between Fat and Tails.

Regrettably, the platform that I am on does not have Auction Bars...or for that matter anything even close to the beauty or utility of Harry's work.

Add to that the fact that my pictures do NOT do Auction Bars any justice...none at all. In the view posted the various reversal bars were non-colinear confirmation of a bar counting mechanism...the reversal bars are the blue or yellow colored ones.

Those horizontal bars are cast by a prior Auction Bar and represent areas of expected confluence of orders based on price level. I defer to the incomparable Fat Tails to comment further if he chooses. I will say that the original "user's manual" was brief but very helpful....so if the web page features that, take a look.

On "worth it or not"...This item and a conference call with it's creator, nudged the thought process of a collaborative group of former professional traders to the point of re-working our approach to trading. Not everyone will understand that or even allow it to register cognitively.

Dan

Ratdog View Post
Truly amazing looking, thanks to you Dan and @FatTails
Would you mind posting up a description to how you personally use the auction bars with a picture or two? I see the picture before and it seems it called those what seem reversals, and one reversal failure, quite nicely.

I would use the search bar but quite frankly I'm sure it hates me.

Cheers!

Thanked by:

jakedarby 
San Antonio TX/US

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC,Tastyworks
Trading: MES/Options
Thanks Given: 65
Thanks Received: 25

wldman View Post
For @Fat Tails to be alerted there is a space between Fat and Tails.

Regrettably, the platform that I am on does not have Auction Bars...or for that matter anything even close to the beauty or utility of Harry's work.

Add to that the fact that my pictures do NOT do Auction Bars any justice...none at all. In the view posted the various reversal bars were non-colinear confirmation of a bar counting mechanism...the reversal bars are the blue or yellow colored ones.

Those horizontal bars are cast by a prior Auction Bar and represent areas of expected confluence of orders based on price level. I defer to the incomparable Fat Tails to comment further if he chooses. I will say that the original "user's manual" was brief but very helpful....so if the web page features that, take a look.

On "worth it or not"...This item and a conference call with it's creator, nudged the thought process of a collaborative group of former professional traders to the point of re-working our approach to trading. Not everyone will understand that or even allow it to register cognitively.

Dan

Hi @wldman. Are you still using Auction Bars?

Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Hey Jake,

Regrettably, no. Because of a few logistics issues I am no longer on Ninja Trader. Perhaps the worst result of that is that there are no "Auction Bars" at the other broker.

-Dan

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 11, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts