NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ES day trader bbdsan's journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bbdsan with 147 posts (73 thanks)
    2. looks_two vertiqa20 with 8 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ridgcap with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 4 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one futurestrader7 with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kraken with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 TonyP with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bbdsan with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 24,723 views
    2. thumb_up 104 thanks given
    3. group 27 followers
    1. forum 189 posts
    2. attach_file 437 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

ES day trader bbdsan's journal

ridgcap
sioux falls,sd/usa

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Sorry for the clumsy attachment, will do differently in the future.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
bbdsan
Sacramento, CA

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 74

Great day! I was away from my platform from about 12 to about 2:30. Still, I got 6 trades in with only 1 loss (because of a big mistake on my part)

6 trades
5 wins
1 loss
+3.25 points net
$138.26 profit including commissions

I was stoked to see I could perform well on the range day yesterday AND the dull grind higher today. I'm also proud that I followed my entry and exit rules perfectly, taking my 4-tick scalps and resisting the urge to try for a runner. Those will come later when I'm trading 2 contracts.

Here are the charts:

-bbdsan

bbdsan
Sacramento, CA

Total blowout today. I made the classic psychological mistake, entering a position without a stop. It started moving against me so fast that I just froze. I'm not sure what to do. If I switch to paper trading it won't be the same. It won't put me under the kind of stress that induces those kinds of psychological mistakes. But if I trade real money I might screw up again and take myself out of the game.

I've made this mistake before, many times in fact. I'm sure there are people here who have made the same mistake trading futures. How have you over come it? So far I've been unable to figure out how to avoid that mistake.

Anyway, here are my charts for the day:

I'm going to go spend some time in the psychology forum now.

-bbdsan

Thanked by:
bbdsan
Sacramento, CA

I decided I'm going to paper trade for at least a week. Yes, it won't simulate the stress and pressure that induces the kind of psychological mistakes that I made yesterday. However, I won't lose a dime. I'll live to trade another day. And I'll improve my price action reading skills.

I'll still post charts, but they will show my paper trades of course.

-bbdsan

ridgcap
sioux falls,sd/usa

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I've made the same mistake. I get angry start moving my stops, adding contracts when price is moving against me. I finally just quit because I'm sick of loosing money. I've lost 2 small accounts, after each loss I've stopped trading live for about 6 months. After the last account I've moved to a paper account, where I can work on the problems I've faced. Lets face it, from your last experience it sounds like you have a discipline problem, thats a huge one for me too. This is where a sim account is great......if you can't exercise discipline in that kind of relaxed environment, you won't in real life either. I've been killing it in sim accounts for the last months, I've repeatedly taken $5000 balances to well over $30000 in a couple months time but I've done it by straying from rules that i'd have to adhere to in real life, so I'm still trading in a sim account. I recently decided that I'm going to enter the Topsteptrader combine, but not until I can pass it in a sim environment. I know I can but I get those days that throw my whole rhythm off because I've done something my rules wouldn't allow me. And that's one thing I need to do....take some time to write down my entire plan instead of trying to remember the rules as I go. I need more discipline. I need to take this more serious as well. I think those are a couple of things that a lot of retail traders lack which keeps them/me from becoming a successful trader. Good Luck.

ridgcap

bbdsan
Sacramento, CA

Thanks ridgcap. Yes, a discipline problem is exactly what I have. That and the nagging need to be "right".

Today was my first time trading a sim account - NinjaTrader. I really liked it! I'll post my charts here in a bit.

-bbdsan

bbdsan
Sacramento, CA

Trading on the NinjaTrader sim account today. Decent day.

After the first few trades I started trading 2 contracts and caught a couple nice runners.

25 trades
16 wins
8 losses
1 b/e
+4.3 points net
$143 profit net (including commissions)

-bbdsan

bbdsan
Sacramento, CA

Wow! Really horrible day. I made pretty much every mistake and bad read I could make. Good thing I'm trading on a simulator and not real money.

Here are my charts:

Tomorrow is an all new day!

-bbdsan

bbdsan
Sacramento, CA

Did much better today. I made some good reads and caught a few runners, too. I traded each entry with 2 contracts, looking to scalp 4 ticks on one contract and let the other run with a stop at b/e.

14 trades
11 wins
3 losses
+11.75 points net
+$481.66 profit including commissions

Here are my charts which I tried to capture "real time":

-bbdsan

bbdsan
Sacramento, CA

Uhg, rough day today. Again, I have the charts as they were captured "real-time" throughout the day. It seems like my entries were legit but very few of them worked today. Late in the day I finally realized that we were having a "spike and trend" day as Mack discussed recently (
).

I'm so grateful that I'm only paper trading this. One important thing I learned today is that I need to zoom out on the chart every 15 min or so to see if there's an overall theme forming. I think I would have recognized the gentle up-trend today after the 3rd bounce and would have been looking for more long entries.

On with the charts...

We'll try it again tomorrow...

-bbdsan

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 24, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts