NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Rational Trader trading room/ system

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one WilleeMac with 6 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two coolriverjoe with 5 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 emini2000 with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Forexoil with 3 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one noodles with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two coolriverjoe with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 WilleeMac with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cory with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 21,213 views
    2. thumb_up 31 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 25 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

The Rational Trader trading room/ system

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Infinity
Trading: /CL
Thanks Given: 309
Thanks Received: 617

Shane has a FREE webinar on using Zig Zag on price and Zig Zag Cumulative Volume for determining trend and order flow for entry

Quoting 
This is part two of a series. With the foundation set last week in part one we will now combine wave volume and order flow signals to make trade setups: wave volume gives us the direction; order flow gives us an entry.

First session of the two part series The Rational Trader

Second session 9-23-2015 1400ET

Register here The Rational Trader

-William

Full disclosure: I have no vested interest in the Rational Trader - I'm just passing info on to those that might be interested

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

I just received an email saying they are restructuring their pricing.

As of today the service is 95.00/ month and it's going to 247.00/ month or 597.00/ quarter.

He supplies proprietary studies for reading price action.

IIRC the live trading room is 0800amET to 12noonET M-F.

For more info visit his website

-William

Full disclosure - I have no vested interest in this service nor do I use it, I'm sharing information

Thanked by:
emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

You still following him? If so, how is it going now?

coolriverjoe View Post
Here is my summary of Shane Handy's trading site The Rational Trader. From January 27, 2015 to April 30, 2015, I have been in the trading room with Shane everyday and have taken every CL trade from Shane as instructed. I did not make any attempt to change the trades in anyway. I just followed exactly how Shane put on his trades. These trades are tick for tick live real trades with my personal money at risk. As instructed I traded a live "small account", small being $5000 in the QM contract which is the mini oil contract for a small account to take into account the wide fluctuations and swings for oil. Shane bases his trades off the movement of CL and incorporates that into QM to keep the risk to reward ratio the same for both CL and QM. Shane trades the same QM and small account in his live room so the results are near identical accept for a tick here or there for slippage on rear occasions. Shane recommended this approach because in his terms, you will only learn in real live situations with real money on the line.

In the four months of watching and three months of trading, Shane gives good sound reasoning in regards to order flow and what is going on in the market. As for implementing his theories and executing them, as I have stating before, there is a lot to be desired.

I have included my stats for the three months of trading. They are screen shots of my ninjatrader. They include, summary, trade by trade, and daily. There were 62 total trades in the three months. Broken down, there was 12 break evens, 14 winners, and 36 losers. The summary page shows 26 winners, but ninjatrader shows break evens as winners and not a tie. For the three months of trading with Shane, I am down -$362.50 in trading, -$236.84 in commissions, and -$285 in Shane's fees($95permonth room fee x 3 Months). So all toll in three months of trading along side Shane Handy, I am down -$884.34.

Thanked by:

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

I got to thinking about this new price structure.

I stumbled on to TRT about this time a year ago and clearly remember him saying his price structure is based on helping folks learn to trade and how expensive other live trading rooms are, and how the common person starting out trading can't afford them.

Let's do some simple math. 30 folks are in the room at 100.00 each is 3000.00 month income. That same 30 folks is now 6000.00 month income.

I understand there's expense associated with this income etc.

I'm fairly certain there's more than 30 people in the room then and now. So is this about teaching or income ??

I started a thread in Sierra Chart about using Jeff Augen's standard deviation/ price spikes. If TRT interests you, this study may perhaps be of use, especially for the price.

And to think of it, eminiaddict (D Halsey) who has the same philosophy of helping folks learn to trade still has the same price per month - his live trading room is more than three/ four hours a day.

Anyway, food for thought

-William

Thanked by:
 OMWF 
Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Tradingview, Amibroker
Trading: ASX
Thanks Given: 59
Thanks Received: 29

Has anyone used TRT in the last few years? All reports here seem to indicate a reasonably trusted set up, but one which is unable to generate profit. Is this still the case? Thanks.

OMWF 
Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Tradingview, Amibroker
Trading: ASX
Thanks Given: 59
Thanks Received: 29

Looks like the Rational Trader has closed down. With results like those, it's no wonder. Did anyone have success with it?

Last Updated on September 8, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts