NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zextra with 22 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two iq200 with 21 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 20 posts (32 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 19 posts (31 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nttradert with 8.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 138,636 views
    2. thumb_up 404 thanks given
    3. group 116 followers
    1. forum 323 posts
    2. attach_file 35 attachments

Search this Thread

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

NGtrader 
Burnaby, BC Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ironbeam, Kinetick
Trading: ES, CL, RTY
Thanks Given: 758
Thanks Received: 201

Also I'm only using level 1 market data for stocks. A buddy of mine told me about Zoom but unfortunately I was tired of looking at the screen and about to go outside for a run. Here is how it looked on MBox.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoom daytrade long.png
Views:	560
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	308085  
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

theprophe 
no fixed address

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: edgeprox,bookmap
Broker: Edgeclear
Trading: Mes
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Received: 42

Thanks for the chart, I used to be in ZM but got out last week for a small loss, 334 was a key level, the action today was so strong after it breached it

iq200 
London, UK

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

On his youtube, MBoxMike uses Sierra Charts platform which I do not use.
Now I was looking through forums and when you are in Sim mode, Sierra Charts puts the word SIM on the title bar. However I don't see the title bar on any of his videos. Can anyone who frequents his room confirm if he trades live or sim?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 zextra 
Mountain View CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: EUR/USD

I use Sierra Chart. Open your Chart Trade Window while you are in Sim mode and you will see Sim1 in the drop down list of accounts. On Mike's videos you can see his account number in the Chart Trade Window. If it was sim it would show Sim1 instead of the Account number. And you would see the word "[Sim]" on the chart itself. My guess is the title bars are filtered from the video to maximize vertical pixels so you see more of his trading screen.

On one of the YouTube comments on his videos someone asked if it is a Sim account. Mike responded showing this image what the chart would look like if it was in Sim Mode

I am very grateful to Mike and for his videos, they have been a wealth of information for me and a gold mine. I have yet to see other vendors providing such quality videos, and all that for free. The videos and Mike's knowledge of the markets has improved my trading substantially.

iq200 View Post
On his youtube, MBoxMike uses Sierra Charts platform which I do not use.
Now I was looking through forums and when you are in Sim mode, Sierra Charts puts the word SIM on the title bar. However I don't see the title bar on any of his videos. Can anyone who frequents his room confirm if he trades live or sim?

iq200 
London, UK

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

zextra View Post
I use Sierra Chart. Open your Chart Trade Window while you are in Sim mode and you will see Sim1 in the drop down list of accounts. On Mike's videos you can see his account number in the Chart Trade Window. If it was sim it would show Sim1 instead of the Account number. And you would see the word "[Sim]" on the chart itself. My guess is the title bars are filtered from the video to maximize vertical pixels so you see more of his trading screen.

On one of the YouTube comments on his videos someone asked if it is a Sim account. Mike responded showing this image what the chart would look like if it was in Sim Mode

I am very grateful to Mike and for his videos, they have been a wealth of information for me and a gold mine. I have yet to see other vendors providing such quality videos, and all that for free. The videos and Mike's knowledge of the markets has improved my trading substantially.

I was in no way doubting MBOX Mike - apologies to anyone including Mike if my post had implicated that he was on Sim - I perhaps worded it incorrectly. I simply had no clue about Sierra Charts and had been wondering how to identify from the videos he posts. Suggestions on google had said it was in the titlebar. Thank-you for clarifying.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
omrangassan
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 5

nttradert View Post
I use MBoxWave tools in my trading every day (mainly MWave chart/Mboxwavehistogram) as my primary indicators - fairly successfully.

There are a number of indicators as part of the package and additional indicators/algos are added on a regular basis.

Make sure you are running the latest version of NT8 as previous versions of NT did not always play well with the indicators.

There are a few different pricing models, but if you want continuous updates go for the grandfather package as that covers everything and there is generally a new indicator every 2 months or so.

Mike, the developer, has always been prompt in his replies when I have had queries, suggestions or a problem (so far has always been a problem with my PC/NT config and not the tools).

There is also an offer for access to a trading room who use the tools every day and provide training, mentorship and advice. The guys in the room are all successful traders (sadly no Trump jokes allowed though), who I feel go out of their way to help you. Although I do not trade the same systems as them, they provided me with great additional knowledge on Wyckoff and using the mboxwave tools in my trading as well as learning how trading should be done.

I initially bought the product a number of months ago, before the additional pricing models were available, but was able to upgrade at a good price, went all in and have no regrets.

I think the match of a great product with training from a great team of knowledgeable profitable traders is a fantastic match and I highly recommend both mboxwave and the training room.

Out of all the money I have spent (wasted) over the years, this is one of about 4 things I've purchased that has contributed to me becoming a better and successful trader.

tomC

what are the 4 things you bought and you find to be good ? beside mboxwave

jalley 
La Grange, CA USA

Platform: Ninjatrader, MetaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: MES, MNQ, M2K, MYM
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 7

Is there a similar indicator here to the MBoxHistogram?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 fryguy2 
Boulder + CO

Platform: NT , MT4
Trading: Emini
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 24

Why not have to trading room open for guest for a few days. So they can potentially talk to real students. Anyone can write glowing reviews on their site.

His indicators do lag.

Thanked by:
 zextra 
Mountain View CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: EUR/USD

fryguy2 View Post
Why not have to trading room open for guest for a few days. So they can potentially talk to real students. Anyone can write glowing reviews on their site.

His indicators do lag.

I think you have the wrong idea for how the room works. It is a support community and trades are not called out per se. Some traders share their trades, but it is not meant for copying, but for learning. Other members chime in when you share your analysis and if you didn't understand something correctly.

The purpose is to learn how to trade, not being spoon fed. If you don't have the MBoxWave indicators, you won't know what's going on. You should read what the room is and what you can expect from it, as it is exactly spelled out on this page https://mboxwave.com/mboxwave-trading-room . From what Mike has said many time (including from last webinar), the room is free, not something you are paying for and that is why there are no guest passes. I imagine if it was a paid room, then he would give guest passes. The goal is to bring the MBoxWave traders together, and to benefit from that you have to have the indicators.

fryguy2 
Boulder + CO

Platform: NT , MT4
Trading: Emini
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 24

zextra View Post
I think you have the wrong idea for how the room works. It is a support community and trades are not called out per se. Some traders share their trades, but it is not meant for copying, but for learning. Other members chime in when you share your analysis and if you didn't understand something correctly.

The purpose is to learn how to trade, not being spoon fed. If you don't have the MBoxWave indicators, you won't know what's going on. You should read what the room is and what you can expect from it, as it is exactly spelled out on this page https://mboxwave.com/mboxwave-trading-room . From what Mike has said many time (including from last webinar), the room is free, not something you are paying for and that is why there are no guest passes. I imagine if it was a paid room, then he would give guest passes. The goal is to bring the MBoxWave traders together, and to benefit from that you have to have the indicators.

Not looking for trades from the room or be spoon fed. Just to have the ability to chat with current users. The ability to hear the pros and cons from actual users. You only will her good things from the seller.

The channel is on Discord. It's not costing him anything to run it. Vinny E-Mini runs a discord channel also and anyone can freely join and talk to current users and view past trade screen shots.

The seller is looking to charge over $1k for something, you have no ability to demo. Atleast with Vinny The-Emini guy, you can get on the channel and demo the software for free.

Last Updated on January 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts