NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zextra with 22 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two iq200 with 21 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 20 posts (32 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 19 posts (31 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nttradert with 8.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 138,200 views
    2. thumb_up 404 thanks given
    3. group 116 followers
    1. forum 323 posts
    2. attach_file 35 attachments

Search this Thread

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

zextra 
Mountain View CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: EUR/USD

bobwest View Post
I don't doubt that there are satisfied users of this software. There always are, and I can make no judgment on the software either way, nor am I.

But 9 sudden reviews, from first-time posters or very infrequent posters, all in a 2-hour period, clearly do not represent people just being spontaneously motivated, on the spur of the moment, to write very similar reviews.

We do see similar coordinated promotional campaigns from time to time, and we will respond to them.

Over time, the vendors with good products will always rise to the top, and if this vendor's product is a good one, he will have no cause for concern.

But it stretches credibility that this surge of reviews was just a spontaneous outpouring. A campaign to spam the forum with reviews is still vendor promotion, and the intended result is simply to promote the vendor, and vendor promotion is still not something this forum is meant for.

Bob.

So in your words you are saying that if a vendor encourages people to write a review and then they write a review it is spam? I don't see the logic at all. With over 1000 mbox users sure there could be a wave of people writing reviews at the same time if MBox Mike says "hey guys, do you want to write a review?" And then a bunch of people do that since they are all on discord and see the same message at the same time everyone else does. Mike has an announcements channel and I saw the message at the same time everyone else did. I don't see how this is vendor promotion, just people writing at the same time because there are an overwhelming number of mbox users on the discord channel. People react quickly in large chat groups. The internet is only getting faster, not slower. I would encourage you to work on an updated algorithm for spam detection, because you deleting all these real mbox posts is a failure by a long shot, coming from honest people from the discord room.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
 Klunk 
Amsterdam Netherlands

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Updata
Trading: eurusd
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 1

Spam, review or promotion?

Mboxusers indeed have been invited/encouraged to share their opinion, examples etc. outside the Mboxdiscord room. It was up to the user to choose the platform: twitter, facebook, telegram, youtube etc. A few, included myself, did respond to this request and yes I do not post very often and that is an understatement ;-).

But still I think it is a loss of information for futures i.o. users to form an opinion themselves about the usefulness of the shared examples by Mboxusers. Ofcourse they still can decide to join the Mbox family but most of us want to have info from more or less neutral forums and not only trust the recommandations made on the site of the Mbox-seller.

But I can understand the opinion of the moderator too that if the reason for posting was encouraged by the seller it is reason to see them all for now as spam. However the increasing amount of posts from different users seems to point to a big base of happy users.

regards,
klunk

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,442
Thanks Received: 26,276

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
 iq200 
London, UK

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

zextra View Post
With all due respect and integrity on this forum, these are honest reviews in my opinion and from what I have observed being a member of the MBox discord room. Mike has a discord channel with several hundred members and has encouraged people to write reviews about the indicators and share it online either on this forum or in twitter. It just shows how good the software is. Mike continues to improve it and has unsurpassed vendor support. Perhaps that is why there is a lot of positive reviews. Considering the amount of overall MBoxWave users, which surpasses 1000 (according to Mike's data), getting 20 or more reviews on this forum would not be difficult at all.

Can you please post some charts with the new features?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 zextra 
Mountain View CA

bobwest View Post
Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Actually you are wrong. Mike asked if people don't mind to write a review. The contents of the review are up to the person.The platform (futures.io, twitter, facebook, or youtube) also up to the person. I am amazed how you can make such assumptions as if you are an authority. You have no idea what goes on in the room, so how can you possibly say "vendor has asked his followers to fill the forum up with favorable posts" ? You can't. People could have written a bad review if they wanted to. There is liberty here and people are free to write whatever they want.

zextra 
Mountain View CA

And also about your claim to "boost sales", all the new upgrades Mike has done recently to the software are free. He's not making extra money from releasing these new features and indicators. If you have Grandfather package, all updates for the future are included for free. So obviously, there are going to be a lot of happy customers who are writing positive reviews... It seems this forum is improperly moderated. You can see the comments others are already writing, but you have deleted most of them.

zextra 
Mountain View CA

I am not going to post any links of any sort here since that is against policy. My only suggestion is for people to read reviews from difference sources to get a broader outlook on whatever they want to find out about something they are considering purchasing. Anything trading related I usually search for reviews on trading forums (like futures.io, trade2win), Twitter, Facebook, Stocktwits, TrustPilot, YouTube, etc.... When a vendor has reviews from several different sources and various website, I generally see this as a good sign. This isn't an MBoxWave endorsement, just saying do your own research and in general there is a lot of information online.

Tradarr 
Atlanta Ga. USA

Platform: NT8,ThinkorSwim,
Trading: Grains
Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 88

Saw Mike's new YouTube vid, any one use the new XPace or XKontrol yet ?

shortski 
Calgary, AB, Canada

Platform: Multicharts & NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES CL TF 6E
Thanks Given: 101
Thanks Received: 80

Tradarr View Post
Saw Mike's new YouTube vid, any one use the new XPace or XKontrol yet ?

Yup. Had the indicators for about a year or so and the new stuff is awesome!

Thanked by:
 mrlucky1x 
WC, CA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT TOS
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 11

bobwest View Post
Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

WOW.. the censorship virus seems to be spreading...

Last Updated on January 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts