NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zextra with 22 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two iq200 with 21 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 20 posts (32 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 19 posts (31 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nttradert with 8.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 135,817 views
    2. thumb_up 404 thanks given
    3. group 116 followers
    1. forum 323 posts
    2. attach_file 35 attachments

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Tradarr 
Atlanta Ga. USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8,ThinkorSwim,
Trading: Grains
Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 87

I'll be content when Mbox adds value plots for his signals in Strategy Builder, his plots are there for color selection but currently no way to select individual plots for values.I suspect at times so one other than the developer is responding to support emails. You should consider going rule based automated trading if discretionary trading isn't good for you.
Tengoku View Post
Hes just another useless seller of indicators using stolen methodology. No trial, no refund - that tells everything about honesty and if vendor trully believe his indicators are perfect. I think hes afraid, that after user will try indicators, he ll get a lot of refund request, not even half of trial requests would purchase it after.

Guy who dont understand, that trading isnt about profit but managing, therefore customer (trader) would benefit more from seeing losing trades, than winners!
Even stupid change of platform cost with him, lol... instead of charging for it, he should just sell licence for all platforms.

Dont buy software, which u cant try!!

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

Aussielad 
Sydney

Platform: Ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 21

warsteiner72 View Post
i cannot recommend mbox mike sokolik. he is a liar and a deceiver. and I can only warn everyone to buy something from him. a few years ago i bought the software from him, and in august 2020 i got coached by his partner jimmy chen. mbox mike has confirmed to me beforehand that I will be refunded if I am not satisfied after the first lesson. jimmy then sent me a video with a lot of blabla and after the first real coaching hour I posted a few losing trades on the private telegram channel. suddenly it was said that I am not coachable and jimmy canceled the lessons with the comment "half the amount will be reimbursed". i then wrote to mbox mike and after some ugly conversation he said he would reimburse me for the missing half. jimmy said he could only reimburse me after a month (funny, he doesn't make money with trading - of course not). A short time later, the two of them deleted the entire telegram conversations, but I took screenshots beforehand, because I had already thought of something like that) ... in the meantime, 0.0 euro was refunded. and, what's even better, mbox mike doesn't answer any more to emails and has simply deactivated my software ... so he stole from me twice, once with the software and once with the coaching. I can only advise everyone to stay away. Here is a chart from today showing the non-working indicators ..

I have been using Mboxwave for over 18 months now and have been very happy with it, no complaints at all. After I bought it I did have some questions regarding certain elements of the package and Mike very quickly and courteously answered all the questions that I had. I have also noticed that when a vendor such as Ninjatrader upgrades their software, Mike upgrades MBox very quickly afterwards. Like any trading system or methodology, Mbox is another tool in a traders arsenal and it does take time to learn, incorporate and test out new tools to see whether they can help with a traders' edge, so one has to have diligence and also patience.

erwinbeckers   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 32

I have this love-hate relationship with mbox wave.
I mean.. I think the indicators look very good. But I think they are way overpriced for what they do.
And what's with this no trial or refunds policy. They really expect me to pay $1k for software I cannot test ??
I know some people did, and all respect to them, but I'm not gonna pay for software I cannot test and/or refund

Luckily I'm a developer myself. So I decided to see if I could re-create the indicators, just for fun.
It took me a while, but I think I got this nailed now!
The hardest one for me was to get the gann swing to work. It's pretty easy to do for historical bars, but the trouble is at the right end of the chart.
The bar which is currently building could be making a new swing hi/lo, but that can change with every tick until the bar has finished.

Another issue was calculating the delta volume per bar (without enabling tick replay).
Really weird that NinjaTrader 8 just does not have this build in. I had to ask NinjaTrader how to do it and luckily they showed some (undocumented) ways to get it

Gauer
garopaba + santa catarina

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 62

You don´t need to pay for this if you have Sierra Chart, you can easily have practically the same setup.

Sierra have a zig zag which displays cumulative volume just like the weis wave, and you can choose it to display delta if you want to.

The regular cumulative delta is actually better than this period based one by mbox. You can easily recreate mbox cumulative delta using the bid and ask difference study and then using the periodic sum study to choose how many bars of the bid and ask difference study to sum.

And you can come up with different ways of plotting the bid and ask to recreate the bid ask pace study, you can use the time and sales study in combination with other studies, but honestly you are already cluttering the chart with information you don´t need to trade VSA effectively, in fact all you need for VSA is price, volume and structure, the rest is your choice of making it more complicated.

Thanked by:

iq200 
London, UK

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

warsteiner72 View Post
i cannot recommend mbox mike sokolik. he is a liar and a deceiver. and I can only warn everyone to buy something from him. a few years ago i bought the software from him, and in august 2020 i got coached by his partner jimmy chen. mbox mike has confirmed to me beforehand that I will be refunded if I am not satisfied after the first lesson. jimmy then sent me a video with a lot of blabla and after the first real coaching hour I posted a few losing trades on the private telegram channel. suddenly it was said that I am not coachable and jimmy canceled the lessons with the comment "half the amount will be reimbursed". i then wrote to mbox mike and after some ugly conversation he said he would reimburse me for the missing half. jimmy said he could only reimburse me after a month (funny, he doesn't make money with trading - of course not). A short time later, the two of them deleted the entire telegram conversations, but I took screenshots beforehand, because I had already thought of something like that) ... in the meantime, 0.0 euro was refunded. and, what's even better, mbox mike doesn't answer any more to emails and has simply deactivated my software ... so he stole from me twice, once with the software and once with the coaching. I can only advise everyone to stay away. Here is a chart from today showing the non-working indicators ..

The fact that you claim to have paid for the software and it is no longer working borderlines on FRAUD IMHO. If you paid using paypal or a credit card, you should be able to raise a case and claim your money back.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

warsteiner72 
munich

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 6

iq200 View Post
The fact that you claim to have paid for the software and it is no longer working borderlines on FRAUD IMHO. If you paid using paypal or a credit card, you should be able to raise a case and claim your money back.

The Problem is, i bought the software years ago. so i cannot take the money back. and for the coaching he or jimmy chen was clever enough to take only wire as payment method... but i really hope,
a lof of people read this and do not make my mistakes. because that saves money and anger

zextra 
Mountain View CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: EUR/USD

warsteiner72 View Post
The Problem is, i bought the software years ago. so i cannot take the money back. and for the coaching he or jimmy chen was clever enough to take only wire as payment method... but i really hope,
a lof of people read this and do not make my mistakes. because that saves money and anger

I don't usually post or write much on this forum. I mostly just read. Someone told me there was an MBoxWave thread so I decided to check it out. I also bought the software a few years ago. Took me a little time to get used to it, but in the end it has helped me greatly with my trading.

Initially I wasn't going to write anything, but thought I would just share my experiences with trading in general. Take it or leave it, doesn't matter to me, but maybe it will be of use to somebody. I don't know why, but it seems like a lot of people on this forum are looking for other people's opinions instead of formulating their own. Trading is very personal, take bits and pieces of knowledge from various places but in the end you need to come up with your own conclusions and your own way of trading.

I struggled greatly for many years in my trading, looking for someone to help me, looking for the right indicators, looking for the right advice. I was looking everywhere except inside myself. I believe that is the biggest issue. When I realized how much psychology has to do with trading and all the emotional baggage I had (greed, fear, fear of losing, fear of missing out), that is when I started to make progress and started clearing that out.

In my searches for the right indicator set or trading method, Order Flow seemed to make the most amount of sense. Buying and Selling is economics and the "balance of powers" so to speak. I remember I got so excited when I found the David's Weis Wave and thought this is it. In reality, it was just the start. Volume gets manipulated by Algos running in the markets all day long and I had a really hard time making sense of it, and my trading was going really bad. I blew up 2 accounts and then decided to sim trade until I become profitable, if that is even possible...

I started looking into Delta indicators, understanding that volume alone did not reveal the entire picture. And started thinking what about a wave delta indicator or something like that. That's when I found MBoxWave. Back then there weren't any videos about it, and Mike wasn't showing live trades. There just really wasn't much information about it. However I am very thankful to Mike for what he has done and in my process of becoming a better trader. The vast amount of knowledge that he has shared is just incredible. Now I paid David Weis and studied with him. What I learned with David is a fraction of what I learned from Mike's videos that are completely free. It is a gold mine of knowledge and experience. He doesn't have to do this and I don't know anyone that is freely sharing their expert knowledge. This is something that just doesn't exist in the trading world. In this sense Mike is an anomaly.

For anybody that thinks they deserve a free ride and like to criticize anything that "doesn't work", I would suggest to dig deeper in yourself and find out what your personal obstacles are. Nobody has to buy anything and nobody has to share anything either. People like David Weis, Gary Dayton, and MBox Mike don't need to share anything at all, and then even get blasted for it. Not how I was brought up or raised. Having options never hurts. Take what is useful for you, discard what is not. But most important folks, make your own conclusions.

Getting to the last point, I'm not sure what issue this guy is having with the software. But I have been using MBoxWave for a few years now and everything is working just as well now as it was a few years ago. And Mike is always quick to respond via email. I've bought a number of trading products in the past and Mike's support is unsurpassed.

Have a nice day Y'all.

warsteiner72 
munich

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 6

i dont have a problem with the software, mbox mike deactivate the software, so the software does not work anymore. do you understand????? so, only for you again:

he stole my money twice

a) the software does not work anymore (what is the smallest problem because i really dont need it anymore and it slows ninjatrader from time to time
b) i paid for a coaching, that was ended by him/jimmy chen and did not get any money but also both said they will pay back

for me, this guy is criminal, nothing else

zextra View Post
I don't usually post or write much on this forum. I mostly just read. Someone told me there was an MBoxWave thread so I decided to check it out. I also bought the software a few years ago. Took me a little time to get used to it, but in the end it has helped me greatly with my trading.

Initially I wasn't going to write anything, but thought I would just share my experiences with trading in general. Take it or leave it, doesn't matter to me, but maybe it will be of use to somebody. I don't know why, but it seems like a lot of people on this forum are looking for other people's opinions instead of formulating their own. Trading is very personal, take bits and pieces of knowledge from various places but in the end you need to come up with your own conclusions and your own way of trading.

I struggled greatly for many years in my trading, looking for someone to help me, looking for the right indicators, looking for the right advice. I was looking everywhere except inside myself. I believe that is the biggest issue. When I realized how much psychology has to do with trading and all the emotional baggage I had (greed, fear, fear of losing, fear of missing out), that is when I started to make progress and started clearing that out.

In my searches for the right indicator set or trading method, Order Flow seemed to make the most amount of sense. Buying and Selling is economics and the "balance of powers" so to speak. I remember I got so excited when I found the David's Weis Wave and thought this is it. In reality, it was just the start. Volume gets manipulated by Algos running in the markets all day long and I had a really hard time making sense of it, and my trading was going really bad. I blew up 2 accounts and then decided to sim trade until I become profitable, if that is even possible...

I started looking into Delta indicators, understanding that volume alone did not reveal the entire picture. And started thinking what about a wave delta indicator or something like that. That's when I found MBoxWave. Back then there weren't any videos about it, and Mike wasn't showing live trades. There just really wasn't much information about it. However I am very thankful to Mike for what he has done and in my process of becoming a better trader. The vast amount of knowledge that he has shared is just incredible. Now I paid David Weis and studied with him. What I learned with David is a fraction of what I learned from Mike's videos that are completely free. It is a gold mine of knowledge and experience. He doesn't have to do this and I don't know anyone that is freely sharing their expert knowledge. This is something that just doesn't exist in the trading world. In this sense Mike is an anomaly.

For anybody that thinks they deserve a free ride and like to criticize anything that "doesn't work", I would suggest to dig deeper in yourself and find out what your personal obstacles are. Nobody has to buy anything and nobody has to share anything either. People like David Weis, Gary Dayton, and MBox Mike don't need to share anything at all, and then even get blasted for it. Not how I was brought up or raised. Having options never hurts. Take what is useful for you, discard what is not. But most important folks, make your own conclusions.

Getting to the last point, I'm not sure what issue this guy is having with the software. But I have been using MBoxWave for a few years now and everything is working just as well now as it was a few years ago. And Mike is always quick to respond via email. I've bought a number of trading products in the past and Mike's support is unsurpassed.

Have a nice day Y'all.

jktrader37 
Houston Texas USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

I have been using MBox Wave for about 6 months. I have found it to be the single most useful indicator set to date,
and I have tried too many to count. There are tons of examples posted by Mike ( MBox Mike) and I have found the
the educational material to be as good as any.

I have reached out to Mike several times, and he has responded quickly.
I am also in the middle of a four session coaching course with Jimmy Chen.
In my opinion, Jimmy is an excellent teacher, and his setups I believe
are solid, and very consistent.

My trading has turned around with this outstanding order flow toolkit,
and I hope I never have to trade without it again ( ES, CL, 6E)

Best of Luck !
james

Thanked by:

sienna 
Melbourne, Australia

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage
Trading: Many
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 274
Thanks Received: 123

jktrader37 View Post
I have been using MBox Wave for about 6 months. I have found it to be the single most useful indicator set to date,
and I have tried too many to count. There are tons of examples posted by Mike ( MBox Mike) and I have found the
the educational material to be as good as any.

I have reached out to Mike several times, and he has responded quickly.
I am also in the middle of a four session coaching course with Jimmy Chen.
In my opinion, Jimmy is an excellent teacher, and his setups I believe
are solid, and very consistent.

My trading has turned around with this outstanding order flow toolkit,
and I hope I never have to trade without it again ( ES, CL, 6E)

Best of Luck !
james

Hi James,
I also have those indies (bought late 2019), but am unaware of Jimmy Chen and his coaching. Could you provide more info on what he delievers and the costs? Is he part of Mike at Mboxx? There was no mention of J Chen on Mboxx website.
Thanks
S

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts