NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zextra with 22 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two iq200 with 21 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 20 posts (32 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 19 posts (31 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nttradert with 8.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 135,817 views
    2. thumb_up 404 thanks given
    3. group 116 followers
    1. forum 323 posts
    2. attach_file 35 attachments

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

zextra 
Mountain View CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: EUR/USD

researcher247 View Post
MBOXX intrabar gives a hint as to what is happening. Though SIGNALS that print end of bar will often disappear due to something w/'swings' & such. I mostly use default settings or w/trend settings but still from time to time play around w/the settings.

I've had it for 2 years now - sometimes I'll look at it on longer timeframes 5min/15min - but for me it was an impulse buy back in the day. I've used it for managing stops & a bit of 'exhaustion' heads up as well.

It's a 'tool' like any other indicator.

I think a lot of times people expect indicators to do the work for them. I agree, indicators are a tool. Just like a carpenter needs to know how to use his tools, the trader needs to learn how to use their tools (indicators) as well. Overall, MBoxWave has been an indispensable tool in my daily trading that has consistently helped me make higher profits. Indicators are not magic, they must be studied and learned how to use it.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

fryguy2 
Boulder + CO

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT , MT4
Trading: Emini
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 24

MBoxHistogram prints as a solid block. Starting from first to the last bar of the big block. The whole thing keeps moving as one. Doesn't really gives a heads up. Seems worthless.

iq200 
London, UK

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

fryguy2 View Post
MBoxHistogram prints as a solid block. Starting from first to the last bar of the big block. The whole thing keeps moving as one. Doesn't really gives a heads up. Seems worthless.

From looking at the youtube, I think the way its supposed to work is that in a minor wave the bar represents the delta sum of the previous bars in the minor wave. That's why the rectangular block looks better in hindsight after the fact but NOT as it is building the wave. IMO rather misleading.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

I'm still using MBOX daily and still pulling ticks out daily. This is not my entire system but volume is a key component.

Fall Seven Get Up Eight
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

I am using the nt8 version, and my nt8 itself bogs. I do use a dos program to wipe my history before starting. I am only using 1 mbox chart, with about 4 of their indicators on it. I am also using another tick intensive chart.
I did uninstall and reinstall mbox indicators yesterday as I had a frozen mbox chart. This seems to help when that happens.

I am only sticking with nt8 as my system works and I have lost money in the past trying to go to other platforms. Eventually I will work to another as my primary. Maybe SC, MW edgeprox.

Fall Seven Get Up Eight

iq200 
London, UK

KahunaDog View Post
I am using the nt8 version, and my nt8 itself bogs. I do use a dos program to wipe my history before starting. I am only using 1 mbox chart, with about 4 of their indicators on it. I am also using another tick intensive chart.
I did uninstall and reinstall mbox indicators yesterday as I had a frozen mbox chart. This seems to help when that happens.

I am only sticking with nt8 as my system works and I have lost money in the past trying to go to other platforms. Eventually I will work to another as my primary. Maybe SC, MW edgeprox.

Please post a pic of your NT8 if possible

Out of interest? When does your NT8 freeze? Are you doing anything or is it just while updating the chart?

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

iq200 View Post
Please post a pic of your NT8 if possible

Out of interest? When does your NT8 freeze? Are you doing anything or is it just while updating the chart?

it freezes when loading nt8
note I enlarged the fonts in both nt8 border and volume prints

Fall Seven Get Up Eight
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-11-17_15-51-41.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	319622  
Thanked by:

iq200 
London, UK

KahunaDog View Post

Thanks for the chart.

I dont even remember when I last had a freeze. My db directory is 10GB so I'm not sure thats the issue. The only time I have had NT8 go into a weird state is if I change symbol to one that exists in the DB but I dont have access to the data to. For example I dont have forex data and if I change to GBPUSD, NT8 will go into a weird state. I mean weird state by the fact that it says "Loading.." on the chart and the chart loses the indicators and is just not doing anything. I can sometimes switch to a different symbol and sometimes not in which case I have to restart.

Thanked by:

zextra 
Mountain View CA

KahunaDog View Post

Email Mike if you are having issues. I don't have any issues running NT8 and MBox. There was a list of steps Mike sent me to help resolve the performance issues. From my understand it's not really an MBox issue, but an overall NinjaTrader issue. NinjaTrader is known to have issues and remember it is programmed in .NET which is a lot less efficient than C++.

zextra 
Mountain View CA

iq200 View Post
From looking at the youtube, I think the way its supposed to work is that in a minor wave the bar represents the delta sum of the previous bars in the minor wave. That's why the rectangular block looks better in hindsight after the fact but NOT as it is building the wave. IMO rather misleading.

Not misleading at all. You probably don't know how it works. Mike shows in all the live trade videos how this indicator paints. Actually it's one of the most important indicators in the system. You can also turn off box or block view and see the delta change per bar instead of per box. I prefer box because I can see what the overall conditions are for buying and selling pressure, and it's much faster to scan the chart looking at it as boxes, pretty genius idea on behalf of Mike IMO....

Last Updated on January 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts