NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zextra with 22 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two iq200 with 21 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 20 posts (32 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 19 posts (31 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nttradert with 8.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 138,949 views
    2. thumb_up 404 thanks given
    3. group 116 followers
    1. forum 323 posts
    2. attach_file 35 attachments

Search this Thread

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Something moving
Thanks Given: 2,335
Thanks Received: 2,524

I hadn't thought about the grandfather, but you are right. If you have to pay for upgrades then what is the GF for. I did pay to switch to sierra from NT. I don't recommend NT. Too many lag issues and platform management rules to prevent the lag. I was happy about the $300, but had it with NT. I also feel that if one can get profitable $300 or $450 could be one trade. I don't know what else to use. Bare charts don't work for me and I don't want the typical MACD or stochastic although they may work so I paid and moved on. I think Mbox is powerful, but one has to be patient and wait for the good setup to pressent itself.. if we can do that we can make a good living. I've yet to get there.

emini2000 View Post
Everybody that bought the original was supposed to be grandfathered in. Mike circumvented that by the 'testimony' requirement. You should have never had to pay that. That's dishonest. Then he left that and just said you had to pay to upgrade even though you were supposed to be grandfathered in, using the excuse that you won't be grandfathered in until I get the upgrade for all platforms. In other words he started making up the rules as he went along in order to get past the grandfather clause. I still haven't gotten the upgrade because of this even though I am supposed to be grandfathered in.

In addition, I originally got the version for Sierra Charts but then wanted to switch to NT. He now wants to charge me $300 for the switch, when there is nothing on the site about that being the case before you buy.

So Mike started out as legit but then seeing that he wasn't going to get any more money from those that are supposed to be grandfathered, he started making stuff up to get money out of them.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

David_R View Post
I hadn't thought about the grandfather, but you are right. If you have to pay for upgrades then what is the GF for. I did pay to switch to sierra from NT. I don't recommend NT. Too many lag issues and platform management rules to prevent the lag. I was happy about the $300, but had it with NT. I also feel that if one can get profitable $300 or $450 could be one trade. I don't know what else to use. Bare charts don't work for me and I don't want the typical MACD or stochastic although they may work so I paid and moved on. I think Mbox is powerful, but one has to be patient and wait for the good setup to pressent itself.. if we can do that we can make a good living. I've yet to get there.

Well I rejected the $300 on the basis of it was never disclosed this would be the case before I bought. So that's not right. Even dishonest. I've gone back to NT so that's what I would like to try and use it on. Basically I've been ripped off and so have you. He didn't keep his word on the grandfathering.

snake07 
Chicago, Illinois

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradingView
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 5

David_R View Post
Mboxwave 3.0 is the latest version of the software. Now instead of Delta and Volume on the price chart there is only one number. Mike refers to that number as supply or demand. He has a new algorithm that is used in the calculation of those numbers as well as in the Mbox Histogram, Cumulative Delta and the Xpace. Xpace is a newer version of MPace and is filtered. There is another new indicator X Kontrol. That's the Dots on the price bars. They are varying is size from small, medium to large depending on the amount of control in the Bids or Offers. I find this easier to read than the prior version.
nq

How is your experience with Mbox, can you be consistent with the Mbox set up ?

Thanked by:

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

snake07 View Post
How is your experience with Mbox, can you be consistent with the Mbox set up ?

I've come to the realization that if a method has some kind of an edge, or at a minimum provides trade setups that gives larger winners than losers than it comes down to the individual. I feel Mbox is a good approach or method . The software is not based on lagging indicator readings, so that is a positive in my book.

Me personally, I don't trade well, but I don't blame the software. I'm impatient and lack discipline. If you ever watch Mike's trade videos you will see he is extremely patient and disciplined. So yes, I believe one can be consistently profitable with Mbox but not because of the software, but the implementation of it.

David

snake07 
Chicago, Illinois

David_R View Post
I've come to the realization that if a method has some kind of an edge, or at a minimum provides trade setups that gives larger winners than losers than it comes down to the individual. I feel Mbox is a good approach or method . The software is not based on lagging indicator readings, so that is a positive in my book.

Me personally, I don't trade well, but I don't blame the software. I'm impatient and lack discipline. If you ever watch Mike's trade videos you will see he is extremely patient and disciplined. So yes, I believe one can be consistently profitable with Mbox but not because of the software, but the implementation of it.

David

Agreed, become trading successfully, software is only part of the equation, emotion & discipline playing a major part but we all have to start somewhere, software is something we can get as a starting point and work on, improve other parts over time.

I've been considering the 2 vendors, Mbox and Pure Financial Academy, I've been reviewing videos from both parties and both of them use supply/demand methodology, I have to agree with you Mbox does show an edge, he's using supply/demand imbalances as well as delta volume to confirm turning points in the market. I've done more search and found out Mbox is more popular and found some people show them on youtube, I also found he's on Ninja Trader webcast 2 years ago.

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

He has had a webinar through Ninjatrader more recent than 2 years ago. He did one regarding version 3.0 of the indicators. Worth a watch. Mbox is also beneficial for pullback trades as well.

snake07 View Post
Agreed, become trading successfully, software is only part of the equation, emotion & discipline playing a major part but we all have to start somewhere, software is something we can get as a starting point and work on, improve other parts over time.

I've been considering the 2 vendors, Mbox and Pure Financial Academy, I've been reviewing videos from both parties and both of them use supply/demand methodology, I have to agree with you Mbox does show an edge, he's using supply/demand imbalances as well as delta volume to confirm turning points in the market. I've done more search and found out Mbox is more popular and found some people show them on youtube, I also found he's on Ninja Trader webcast 2 years ago.

Thanked by:
 snake07 
Chicago, Illinois

David_R View Post
He has had a webinar through Ninjatrader more recent than 2 years ago. He did one regarding version 3.0 of the indicators. Worth a watch. Mbox is also beneficial for pullback trades as well.

I pulled the trigger and got the grandfather package, are you still in Mbox Discord ? I saw David_R in there, not sure if it were you ?

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

snake07 View Post
I pulled the trigger and got the grandfather package, are you still in Mbox Discord ? I saw David_R in there, not sure if it were you ?

Congratulations. Yes, that's me.

Dolomick 
Los Angeles California

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 6

I was looking at the system and then noticed Matt Bowen (nobstools.com) also has a very similar system, has anyone got any thoughts on which one they like better?

I think Matt used to be involved with Mbox. Thanks….

iq200 
London, UK

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

One massive difference on NT8 is that Matt’s system needs Replay Data. Mboxx doesn’t. Replay data can slow down some computers.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts