NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zextra with 22 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two iq200 with 21 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 20 posts (32 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 19 posts (31 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nttradert with 8.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 138,294 views
    2. thumb_up 404 thanks given
    3. group 116 followers
    1. forum 323 posts
    2. attach_file 35 attachments

Search this Thread

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

tradetradetrade 
Oakland+California/US

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradestation
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

What?? Okay, then you straighten this out. I don't really care. You had people taking potshots at a real guy helping people. Now you deleted my post after I've been on here for ten years when I responded to a clear troll? I thought this was an open forum. Apparently not. Shame on you.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
33 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks
 tradetradetrade 
Oakland+California/US

Platform: Tradestation
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

Consider it reported. Now what?

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,457
Thanks Received: 26,278

tradetradetrade View Post
What?? Okay, then you straighten this out. I don't really care. You had people taking potshots at a real guy helping people. Now you deleted my post after I've been on here for ten years when I responded to a clear troll? I thought this was an open forum. Apparently not. Shame on you.

tradetradetrade View Post
Consider it reported. Now what?

The full text of your deleted post is:

Quoting 
??? Do you even lift bro LOL? That was a stupidly aggressive message you sent with no basis. Have anything to say? Or just trolling? I don't care either way, I know what I know. Bring it. I need a distraction sometimes!

It was deleted because of the wording "stupidly aggressive." The overall tone or your post was pretty aggressive too, but we could live with that. But name-calling is going too far. If this was not clear to you, I hope it is now. I also understand that a person can get pissed at someone and can fire off something in anger, which is why I suggested reporting a post you find offensive instead of blasting away at the person. But don't blast, anyway.

---------------------

Now, with that said, what is your beef, and with whom? If it was the post about "One post since 2012," it would be enough to leave it to what you said initially, that "I tend to lurk without posting...so what?" It would be fine to ask him something like "what do you mean to say?" or simply leave it as "so what?" Since he directed it to you, you have a right to ask him what he means. That is just normal back and forth. But calling someone "stupidly aggressive" and a troll is going too far.

As to this being an open forum, we keep the tone civil and don't allow the internet free-for-all where anything goes. Stay within our standards of civility and you can say what you wish. If it is your actual experience, or if it can contribute to someone's understanding, it is valuable.

You can disagree with someone, you can challenge them, but don't blast away verbally at people.

And yes, I see that you've been here ten years. But you've posted four times now, all within a few days. There's nothing wrong with not having posted until now, but the ten years of not posting doesn't count for anything one way or another. You've just got to follow the same rules of how you conduct yourself as anyone.

So, disagree with someone, if you do, without rudeness, comment without rudeness, and all will be well.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

fryguy2 View Post
Mike should have an open few days or one week in the chat room. Let it be free so people can see for themselves. Even something after trading hours if that worked better.

Why is all the risk on the consumer side?

Raving reviews are easy to make.

Why should he do that?

There are so many videos describing mbox analysis and trades to get a glimpse of utilizing the tools in mbox.

Fall Seven Get Up Eight
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

Youtube has over 50+ mboxwave videos by MikeS. There is a ton of context, analysis and live trades. If you are still not convinced about the methodology and the mboxwave, a 1 week trial will not sway you. What are you looking for trade signals? Some of you who think this way are Selfish to include some of the other comments were disrespectful and negative. Put some skin in.

The package includes a free discord room. Traders including Mike S frequent the room where the focus is mbox methodology, volume and Wyckoff.

I rarely frequent the discord room(formerly telegram) as I do not want anyones market analysis but my own. In the room people often post trades and analysis.

Again I have found the mboxwave grandfather's package good value and use it tools when ever I trade. I felt compelled to post as the negativity surrounding the weighing of why No Free candy vs the dozens of youtube videos describing methodology, context and live trades.

Fall Seven Get Up Eight

drtchock 
New York

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES + NQ Futures
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 16

erwinbeckers View Post
I have this love-hate relationship with mbox wave.
I mean.. I think the indicators look very good. But I think they are way overpriced for what they do.
And what's with this no trial or refunds policy. They really expect me to pay $1k for software I cannot test ??
I know some people did, and all respect to them, but I'm not gonna pay for software I cannot test and/or refund

Luckily I'm a developer myself. So I decided to see if I could re-create the indicators, just for fun.
It took me a while, but I think I got this nailed now!
The hardest one for me was to get the gann swing to work. It's pretty easy to do for historical bars, but the trouble is at the right end of the chart.
The bar which is currently building could be making a new swing hi/lo, but that can change with every tick until the bar has finished.

Another issue was calculating the delta volume per bar (without enabling tick replay).
Really weird that NinjaTrader 8 just does not have this build in. I had to ask NinjaTrader how to do it and luckily they showed some (undocumented) ways to get it

Have you continued any work on your take of these indicators?

fryguy2 
Boulder + CO

Platform: NT , MT4
Trading: Emini
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 24

This was a fair price for the package.

NGtrader 
Burnaby, BC Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ironbeam, Kinetick
Trading: ES, CL, RTY
Thanks Given: 758
Thanks Received: 201

Wanted to give an update on the slowdown/lag I experienced using MBoxwave on NT8.

For awhile NT8 had been taking awhile to start up, charts taking longer to load. If I wanted to load several MBox indicators especially Mgannswing or Mwavechart which included delta volume, stooges signals and imbalances, I needed to wait at least 5 min for them to load up and after they did, the lag was at least several minutes behind.

Finally a few days ago started getting all these errors and was unable to install or remove anything due to errors.

Someone suggested a clean install. I renamed the old Ninjatrader 8 folder and moved it to another pc. I reinstalled NT8, had to load indicators one by one, first one I loaded was MBox.

NT8 loads charts immediately now and when I add MBox indicators including MGannswing it shows up on the chart with almost no delay.

The cause - I had about 20 workspaces saved. There is something buggy about the workspaces and eventually they seem to corrupt NT8. Of course when I talked to NT tech support they blamed it on third party software rather than their own platform.

I tried all the other things mentioned in this thread including prioritizing CPU usage for NT8, nothing else worked.

So it's a good idea to delete as many workspaces as possible and use templates instead to save your chart layouts. It's also an idea to do a clean install once in awhile too. I would do regular backups of the templates folder.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 geozoom 
toronto/Canada

Platform: ninjatrader, Tradestation
Trading: futures, gold, ES, 6C, 6E
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 0

NGtrader

Can I ask you how long you have been using this software? Has it helped you with your trading?

Thanks.

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Something moving
Thanks Given: 2,335
Thanks Received: 2,524

I don't post much anymore because I'm not actively trading. Not because I made millions, but because I'm not able to get profitable.

I have the Mbox package and I have had other packages and as far as I know there isn't a package that we can buy that will make a person successful in trading. If volume analysis and Wyckoff principles resonate with you then Mbox may be useful, but it isn't going to make you successful all by itself. If you are not disciplined or patient then failure is more likely than not. If you revenge trade then failure is more likely than not. If you are in a constant search for a new software package then failure is more likely than not. If you have fear of loss or FOMO, well, I won't say it again.

I think Mbox is a good tool. I think it takes time to become skilled at using the tool, but even with a good tool you still need to maintain your composure and stick to your plan.

I don't think a weeks free use of a tool such as Mbox or any other tool is going to be sufficient to become comfortable or profitable, so if it fits your style of trading then why not just make the investment and put in the work to make it work? Also, when you look at other software add-ons such as Nexgen fibonacci software, which I believe at one time was $15K, it doesn't make Mbox look so bad.

Over the last several weeks or couple months Mike has been doing some different videos where he trades one market for the entire day. He does some pre-market analysis as well as analysis when the market opens before taking a trade. One of the things that stands out is his ability to wait. He may take 3 or 4 trades in the entire day just waiting for the set up to present itself. I found them very useful.

Last Updated on January 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts