NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zextra with 22 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two iq200 with 21 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 20 posts (32 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 19 posts (31 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nttradert with 8.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 138,200 views
    2. thumb_up 404 thanks given
    3. group 116 followers
    1. forum 323 posts
    2. attach_file 35 attachments

Search this Thread

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

fryguy2 
Boulder + CO

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT , MT4
Trading: Emini
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 24

shortski View Post
Not sure where you are getting your info but as the saying goes "There are 2 sides to every story".

If you violate the terms/conditions on any site, they have rights that sometime include measures such as banning you.
Most sites will give you warnings first (which was done in at least one case at MBox) and if things escalate to ... 'poor choices' on the part of the subscriber, then there are consequences. These are legally required to be laid out in the Terms and Conditions.

I am a client of MBox. I am a very happy client of MBox. I have never seen Mike do anything that was in any way not 100% directed at helping his members.

No idea if you know someone who was banned or not. No idea if you are someone who was banned. But if you were to compare happy members with a few who are not there anymore, I think the math alone would speak volumes to your case.

Obviously, this is my side of the story.

Mike should have an open few days or one week in the chat room. Let it be free so people can see for themselves. Even something after trading hours if that worked better.

Why is all the risk on the consumer side?

Raving reviews are easy to make.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
 12VMan 
Raleigh, NC USA

Platform: Sierra, Ninja, TV
Broker: EdgeClear, Ninja
Trading: CL, GC, ES, UB, ZB
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 18

fryguy2 View Post
Mike should have an open few days or one week in the chat room. Let it be free so people can see for themselves. Even something after trading hours if that worked better.

Why is all the risk on the consumer side?

Raving reviews are easy to make.

Selfishly, I would much rather have Mike spend his time continuing to improve MBoxwave than deal with all the hassles involved with free trials and the like.

And, even if he did do as you asked, it would still not address the only question that people always seem to ignore - can I make money using this tool (or indicator, or trading education, etc.)? That is the ONLY thing that should matter.

fryguy2 
Boulder + CO

Platform: NT , MT4
Trading: Emini
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 24

12VMan View Post
Selfishly, I would much rather have Mike spend his time continuing to improve MBoxwave than deal with all the hassles involved with free trials and the like.

And, even if he did do as you asked, it would still not address the only question that people always seem to ignore - can I make money using this tool (or indicator, or trading education, etc.)? That is the ONLY thing that should matter.

The problem is you can't answer that question unless you pay the non refundable fee.

Would I pay for a new car upfront without being able to test drive it or talk to other owners? Nope.

All the risk is on the consumer. Nothing on Mike. Letting people access a chat room for free costs nothing. Not offering something like that means you have something to hide.

You would think if the students were having great success, why no YouTube videos?

shortski 
Calgary, AB, Canada

Platform: Multicharts & NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES CL TF 6E
Thanks Given: 101
Thanks Received: 80

plenty of sites have the same policies

and

if you would actually go to YouTube and do a Search you would see why

Full disclosure - I am a client of MBox and NO issues at all

Full disclosure from you - why do you have so much anger towards a site you have never investigated? If you don't like it - fine. Get something that suits you. Why waste your time and energy explaining something you are not even using?

Thanked by:
 12VMan 
Raleigh, NC USA

Platform: Sierra, Ninja, TV
Broker: EdgeClear, Ninja
Trading: CL, GC, ES, UB, ZB
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 18

fryguy2 View Post
The problem is you can't answer that question unless you pay the non refundable fee.

Would I pay for a new car upfront without being able to test drive it or talk to other owners? Nope.

All the risk is on the consumer. Nothing on Mike. Letting people access a chat room for free costs nothing. Not offering something like that means you have something to hide.

You would think if the students were having great success, why no YouTube videos?

You’re not going to be able to answer the only question that matters, i.e. does this fit me / can I make money using it, from a free trial of anything, imo. It takes months, if not years, to develop a system, figure out what market environments it works well in / doesn’t work well in, etc. Not to mention all the things/patterns your subconscious picks up on with experience.

Mike has made a ton of recordings available on YouTube that outline how he uses MBoxwave. It should be enough for a trader to decide - yeah, this supports my beliefs about the market / fits me or no, it doesn’t fit me. I will repeat again - one trader(s) ability to make money using a certain tool / indicator / teacher has little to no correlation to whether YOU can have similar results. There are far too many variables, not the least of which is what is going on in each person(s) head.

MBoxwave “works” exactly as it’s supposed to. Whether an individual trader can derive edge from it is dependent on the trader, how they are using MBoxwave, and (most importantly imo) whether they are psychologically able to act like a professional trader. I will say that if you’re a Wyckoff-oriented trader, MBoxwave can help eliminate some of the subjectivity of the Method.

Back to the free trial part. I have been in the software industry for more years than I care to admit. Every company I’ve worked for that started off with free trials ended up ending the policy. It’s a lot of work for a lot of extra headaches. People that like free tend to be the biggest nightmares to deal with in terms of support, unreasonable demands, etc. It’s a giant time suck.

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io futures trading

tradetradetrade 
Oakland+California/US

Platform: Tradestation
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

I have to chime in here. I recently bought the Mbox Wave grandfather package. I've been scammed before (joined the 3000 Club a couple of times years ago before I went my own way). There is no holy grail, Mike doesn't promote that and he's the first to say it. We are all suspicious, rightly so, and the moderators here are excellent and I appreciate their vigilance for the community. But I have to tell you--Mike is the real deal. He has the chops to have programmed this, and given the value, the product and training are pretty amazing, and he supports *everyone* in their questions like no one I have ever seen. I would selfishly like to say no one should ever buy this, only because it is very effective and I don't want the edge eroded. But Mike is deserving my business IMHO (though this is really a side gig for him i think) and he is committed to keeping the research going through updates. This is a legitimately valuable product and approach, and he is very generous in terms of what he teaches and the support he gives. It won't last forever, and I don't blame him for not allowing a demo, because if you watch his videos, and you are at all familiar with the order flow concept, you will likely immediately see the value of what he's done (at least I did). It's a step above everything else out there. Could I spend a huge amount of time re-creating it? Sure, maybe, but why? And I have found him to be nothing but completely honest and straightforward, and a real trader who is sharing what he has learned very freely. Sure, he's a business man, but we all are. So just wanted to put that out there, I have no agenda except I think this is a guy who is very smart and has made something unique and valuable, and wants to teach something that is really cool. I'm happy to talk directly with anyone about it. James

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,486
Thanks Received: 15,382

The Romans used to say Caveat emptor

Thanked by:
 58LesPaul 
Owensboro, KY

Platform: TradingView
Trading: ES/NQ
Thanks Given: 197
Thanks Received: 101

tradetradetrade View Post
I have to chime in here. I recently bought the Mbox Wave grandfather package. I've been scammed before (joined the 3000 Club a couple of times years ago before I went my own way). There is no holy grail, Mike doesn't promote that and he's the first to say it. We are all suspicious, rightly so, and the moderators here are excellent and I appreciate their vigilance for the community. But I have to tell you--Mike is the real deal. He has the chops to have programmed this, and given the value, the product and training are pretty amazing, and he supports *everyone* in their questions like no one I have ever seen. I would selfishly like to say no one should ever buy this, only because it is very effective and I don't want the edge eroded. But Mike is deserving my business IMHO (though this is really a side gig for him i think) and he is committed to keeping the research going through updates. This is a legitimately valuable product and approach, and he is very generous in terms of what he teaches and the support he gives. It won't last forever, and I don't blame him for not allowing a demo, because if you watch his videos, and you are at all familiar with the order flow concept, you will likely immediately see the value of what he's done (at least I did). It's a step above everything else out there. Could I spend a huge amount of time re-creating it? Sure, maybe, but why? And I have found him to be nothing but completely honest and straightforward, and a real trader who is sharing what he has learned very freely. Sure, he's a business man, but we all are. So just wanted to put that out there, I have no agenda except I think this is a guy who is very smart and has made something unique and valuable, and wants to teach something that is really cool. I'm happy to talk directly with anyone about it. James

One post since 2012? Hmmmm! LOL

tradetradetrade 
Oakland+California/US

Platform: Tradestation
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

Yes I tend to lurk without posting...so what?...but I thought it was right to say something here. Do you think I signed up for this site 10 years ago and have been waiting here like a sleeper cell? Take what I said for what you want to...I'm just giving you what I've experienced.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,451
Thanks Received: 26,278

@tradetradetrade,

Please use normal professional courtesy and do not post rude remarks to other members. Your recent post has been deleted.

If you have an issue with something said by another member, report it to the moderators and let us deal with it.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts