NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zextra with 22 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two iq200 with 21 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 20 posts (32 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 19 posts (31 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nttradert with 8.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 135,817 views
    2. thumb_up 404 thanks given
    3. group 116 followers
    1. forum 323 posts
    2. attach_file 35 attachments

Search this Thread

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

JonnyBoy View Post
The infamous PAS indicator notoriously repainted itself. It is an excellent indicator but it does repaint. It has to, that is the nature of what it is calculating. PAS charts look great in historical but real time is a different story.

just to clarify, the PAS indicator does not repaint. explained here:

the only thing that does repaint (has to) is the volume in the PAS oscillator indicator. explained here:

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

Silvester17 View Post
just to clarify, the PAS indicator does not repaint. explained here:

the only thing that does repaint (has to) is the volume in the PAS oscillator indicator. explained here:

Agreed. I should have been clearer as to what part of the PAS I was referring to.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
--------------------------------------------------------
Thanked by:
 astroboy69 
dubai + dubai/UAE

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: Options of Everything
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 20

Hi

Been on this forum for sometime but rarely do I post as I value my time & privacy. I've been successfully trading my own book since 2001, concentrating on currencies since 2004. Been using Wyckoff's/David Weis's work as part of my trading method/edge for 8yrs now and recently went over to MBoxWave in order to replace my Weis Wave indicator in NT8

I trade off 15min 30min 60min 120min 240min Daily time frames utilizing a system I developed over the years which automatically triggers signals/potential trade entries via NinjaTrader 8's "Market Analyzer" + "Alert Log" in order to reduce the manual workload. I enter all my trade manually via my brokers platform.

This is not a paid for response and anyone who claims I do not trade then I beg to differ. As I have broker account statements showing my actual returns.

When it comes to developing a successful trading market edge. We all have to do so, by first delving deep & discovering, then understanding and taking into account our own "psychological makeup". At that point you can start developing a trading system that works best for you...!!!! Counter Trend or Trend Following or Scalping or Fundamental etc etc etc.

I can only speak for myself. I find these tools fit incredibly well into my existing trading system & has added to my existing trading edge. What I find useful about these MBoxWave tools is they add a deeper layer of understanding to the volume work I was already using via David Weis's indicator. I obviously respect Weis Wave as it's been one part of my trading system for 8yrs. So I will never speak ill of it, as I love it. MBoxWave simply takes this and makes it better in my humble opinion.

Should mike the owner of MBoxWave offer a 1week free trial as some people have stated in previous post's.....maybe.... but I have money so this wasn't an issue for me. Look over the years I've wasted 10's of thousands of dollars on various trading course's / tools / books / trading platform / trading seminars etc etc etc. This is simply a cost of doing business and developing a Trading Method/Edge that works for me.

Within the first week of owning the MBoxWave I made a suggestion to mike in as far as improving the tool by adding a feature. I shit you not, one week latter this dude coded it in and sent me the updated version for testing. Now listen MOFO's i'm 50yrs old this isn't my first rodeo.....I've been around the block a time or two. Mike provides good customer service which I find is rare in this business.

Anyone who want's to shit on this post and further waste there time in waiting for a reply, then your out of luck because i'm too busy trading to even bother responding to negative mindsets. Instead I advise you to concentrate on what really matters.......and only you can discover what that is.

I wish you all good luck and good fortune.

Cheers

avall38486 
Dallas, Texas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: crude oil
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 43

Astroboy69,
You are completely correct. There is a cost to do business.
I like Mike's videos and the clarity of explanations.
Amin

Thanked by:
 Tengoku 
Slovakia

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra chart, TT
Trading: Spot fx, stocks, futures, options, etps
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 28

Hi,

who bought it for sierra charts? Does it work preperly, no performance issues?

mrad 
Utrecht, The Netherlands

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP
Trading: NQ, RTY
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 13

Tengoku View Post
Hi,

who bought it for sierra charts? Does it work preperly, no performance issues?

Hi Tengoku,

I bought it for Sierra Chart and it works great, no performance issues at all.

Thanked by:

Popsicle 
Pretoria Gauteng

Platform: Sierra Charts
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,448
Thanks Received: 550

I also recently bought the grandfather package for Sierra Chart. Great software. Works 100% as advertised.

I have NQ, ES, RTY, YM, CL and GC open with it the whole time, no performance issues at all. Mike is also very helpful and responds to queries quickly.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 sienna 
Melbourne, Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage
Trading: Many
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 274
Thanks Received: 123

Same here. I also just bought it (but for NT8) and it is stable and seems very well coded. For the way my brain is wired, this approach works very very well. (no financial interest)

Thanked by:

Oriole 
Naples FLA

Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Currency Futures, RTY, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 72

nttradert View Post
Bobo,

I had to make the same decision as you, but with a lot less information than is available now. I did my research and made my choice - it was a bit easier at the time as the intro version of MboxWave was only $100 more than the WeisWave package.

Shortly after my purchase I did a mentorship with David and there were a few awkward conversations about my choices.

At the end of the day, I had already decided that I wanted to trade a Wyckoff methodology and when I compared the products, there was a clear winner, and this is what I based my decision on. I think, if you are determined to trade using Wyckoff principles then a decent wave package is something that you need and once that decision is made, then it is a case of determining which product suits your needs best and gives you the best chance of success.

There is a free package available on nexusfi.com called PAS that does waves and more importantly it is programmable, so maybe you should test your ideas with this before making a purchase/decision.

LizardTrader also has a paid for Swing Indicator that he is developing (not for public release as yet, but it can be purchased if you contact him) and I am one of his beta testers, however this is in it's infancy at the moment.

If you know Wyckoff and have made a decision to trade using Wyckoff and are ready to splash the cash, then there is enough information out there for you to make a decision.

If you want to know more about day trading using Wyckoff, then have a look at Dr Gary's courses as well as read ...

With regards to my trading I use MBoxWave (mainly wave info/delta volume and 3 stooges algos) on 5 min and 1 point range bars and I daytrade the ES.

As I am working full time I am trying to develop an automated strategy using NinjaTrader and this has good times and bad times - I am not making enough to daytrade full time with my current strategies.

I also use a combination of LT indicators with MBoxWave as well as a paid for trendline tool.

If you don't know what you want, then don't spend your money.

I hope that I have answered all your questions satisfactorily - anyone else who's purchased MBoxWave, feel free to add their views/experiences.

I'm a total NOOB and heard about Lizard here. Kris L. the owner has been so over the top gracious it's amazing. Always answering my questions and offering the free 14 day trial (and extending the period if I need it) he's so impressive and above board. Have not purchased Lizard yet but I'm leaning that way. I keep reading and watching here for additional educators to consider.

I guess I need to look at MB too. Thanks all.

Thanked by:
 sienna 
Melbourne, Australia

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage
Trading: Many
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 274
Thanks Received: 123

Oriole View Post
I'm a total NOOB and heard about Lizard here. Kris L. the owner has been so over the top gracious it's amazing. Always answering my questions and offering the free 14 day trial (and extending the period if I need it) he's so impressive and above board. Have not purchased Lizard yet but I'm leaning that way. I keep reading and watching here for additional educators to consider.

I guess I need to look at MB too. Thanks all.

Oriole,
Before you decide to fork out cash for MB, it might be wise to look at the videos, of Mike (at Mbox) trading 1 min chart , live account. Useful info on the suitability of this approach (or not, as the case may be), to one's preferences. Just check their website.
Sienna

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts