NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zextra with 22 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two iq200 with 21 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 20 posts (32 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 19 posts (31 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nttradert with 8.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 135,817 views
    2. thumb_up 404 thanks given
    3. group 116 followers
    1. forum 323 posts
    2. attach_file 35 attachments

Search this Thread

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Oriole 
Naples FLA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Currency Futures, RTY, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 72

Next question is about Matt Bowen. He runs No BS Trades (not “nobs trades”, no “bs trades”) and uses both his proprietary tools + MBox to trade. Not a lot of info on them but Matt and MBox Mike apparently work together. I really like MBox Mike. Matt has a trade room I’ll be doing a trial in someday soon. Just curious if anyone has any experience with Matt Bowen. Thank you.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
 trepidation 
San Jose, California

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 167

Oriole View Post
Thank you. I started watching one of his videos yesterday and will continue. Do you have an opinion on MB? Does he do trials? There are so many different systems and indicators for sale that it is quite daunting. I’m determined to go slowly and not make a bonehead decision. Appreciate you taking the time to share.

Hi again. I've briefly studied his indicators and he appears to be obfuscating standard terminology. I've reverse engineered part of his indicator system. MPACE has been described by JonnyBoy in another thread, which would be rudimentary to code up:

JonnyBoy View Post
The MPace indicator is NOT a speed or pace of tape indicator. All it does is measure the distance (in points) from the open to close of a bar and multiplies that value by the volume of the bar.

I didn't delve deep enough to figure out the smaller numbers on the PriceActionSwing (download in elite section), but the larger numbers are rounded volume divided by 10 using a 2 period Gann Swing. My scaling is different from his, but as you can see the swings match up exactly.

The MBoxHistogram is Bar-by-Bar Delta using UpTick/DownTick values and then overlayed on the chart (sim22 cumulative delta in elite section). There are some slight differences because his indicator uses a filter, but I didn't go into investigating the exact number. The MCumulativeDelta is a ratio of cumulative Delta, but I wasn't able to replicate it exactly. You can approximate it by drawing a horizontal line on a regular cumulativeDelta

You can use this as a starting point and experiment with his system and see if you like it. There's no education provided via this method of course

Maydo 
New York

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES

Anybody here actually using Mbox indicators? If so what do you think? I can fined any videos or reviews online. Everything is post by Mike with is the creator and he is not doing any trails with I dont like since there is a lot of BS out there.
Thanks

Oriole 
Naples FLA

Maydo View Post
Anybody here actually using Mbox indicators? If so what do you think? I can fined any videos or reviews online. Everything is post by Mike with is the creator and he is not doing any trails with I dont like since there is a lot of BS out there.
Thanks

https://mboxwave.com/

Go to the learning tab, there are a gazillion videos. I've had non stop emailing with MBox Mike, the creator and programmer over the last few weeks. He's responsive, no nonsense, no BS and I'll likely purchase in the next few months. I really like what he does if any of this helps. You can also get a trial to their trading room: No BS Trades

Matt Bowen runs the trading room and is Mike's partner.

Thanked by:
 Maydo 
New York

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES

Oriole View Post
https://mboxwave.com/

Go to the learning tab, there are a gazillion videos. I've had non stop emailing with MBox Mike, the creator and programmer over the last few weeks. He's responsive, no nonsense, no BS and I'll likely purchase in the next few months. I really like what he does if any of this helps. You can also get a trial to their trading room: No BS Trades

Matt Bowen runs the trading room and is Mike's partner.

I did get it actually. I have a system that iam using so this is just a addition. And it pays for it self with it first 20 min of trading So far so good. I like it a lot.

Oriole 
Naples FLA

Maydo View Post
I did get it actually. I have a system that iam using so this is just a addition. And it pays for it self with it first 20 min of trading So far so good. I like it a lot.

So you like it and it’s profitable? Is it easy to learn and use?

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

trepidation View Post
Hi again. I've briefly studied his indicators and he appears to be obfuscating standard terminology. I've reverse engineered part of his indicator system. MPACE has been described by JonnyBoy in another thread, which would be rudimentary to code up:

I didn't delve deep enough to figure out the smaller numbers on the PriceActionSwing (download in elite section), but the larger numbers are rounded volume divided by 10 using a 2 period Gann Swing. My scaling is different from his, but as you can see the swings match up exactly.

The MBoxHistogram is Bar-by-Bar Delta using UpTick/DownTick values and then overlayed on the chart (sim22 cumulative delta in elite section). There are some slight differences because his indicator uses a filter, but I didn't go into investigating the exact number. The MCumulativeDelta is a ratio of cumulative Delta, but I wasn't able to replicate it exactly. You can approximate it by drawing a horizontal line on a regular cumulativeDelta

You can use this as a starting point and experiment with his system and see if you like it. There's no education provided via this method of course

You are pretty much right and I think I have coded this mostly correct. It wasn't difficult to clone, but it is without the buy and sell signals. I don't intend to do anything with this as I am not that guy.

For me, this is just for fun. It would be more expensive to have a coder code this than to buy it, but I still believe his individual prices are astronomical. Perhaps, the Grandfather package is reasonable value...

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
--------------------------------------------------------

Oriole 
Naples FLA

JonnyBoy View Post
You are pretty much right and I think I have coded this mostly correct. It wasn't difficult to clone, but it is without the buy and sell signals. I don't intend to do anything with this as I am not that guy.

For me, this is just for fun. It would be more expensive to have a coder code this than to buy it, but I still believe his individual prices are astronomical. Perhaps, the Grandfather package is reasonable value...

I appreciate your input...my thoughts:

1) 99% of traders don't have the skillset, time or knowledge to do this
2) Even if you think you have replicated it, maybe you haven't exactly
3) Lifetime updates are a great benefit (I know, they are only as good as him staying in business)
4) Support and question answering are important
5) I like the signals, you just gotta learn to filter out the bad ones
6) Mike just did a great presentation with Ninja Trader so he's plugged into them

so, I do think $1000 for his Grandfather package is reasonable for those of us that want a plug and play system to get trading. They do have sales so perhaps Black Friday is the best day to buy it. Most of us can manage this cost for a lifetime system. When it gets to be several thousand, I won't buy it for fear of getting ripped off.

I've emailed MBox Mike a few times with my dumb new guy questions and he always responds the same day and goes above and beyond to help. That's a HUGE part of the comfort in buying from a vendor. You want to feel (hope) like they're available and responsive after the purchase.

I don't know anything but of all the systems I've seen out there lately, this is reasonable IMHO. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,343
Thanks Received: 26,267

Trading someone's signal without knowing what makes the signal happen, as well as why it happens and when it may be wrong, makes you entirely dependent on that person's understanding of the market, rather than your own.

What if whatever made the signal work in the past stops working, for whatever reason. Since you didn't know why it worked when it did, you also don't know why it stopped.

You're making real-money trades, but you don't really know why.... This is true no matter how good his track record is.

My feeling is that this is pretty close to suicidal, financially speaking.

But it's your money....

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,245
Thanks Received: 5,006

bobwest View Post
Trading someone's signal without knowing what makes the signal happen, as well as why it happens and when it may be wrong, makes you entirely dependent on that person's understanding of the market, rather than your own.

What if whatever made the signal work in the past stops working, for whatever reason. Since you didn't know why it worked when it did, you also don't know why it stopped.

You're making real-money trades, but you don't really know why.... This is true no matter how good his track record is.

My feeling is that this is pretty close to suicidal, financially speaking.

But it's your money....

Bob.

Very wise words, I don't even have this confidence to trade my own stuff, forget about someone else

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts