NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zextra with 22 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two iq200 with 21 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 20 posts (32 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 19 posts (31 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nttradert with 8.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lfx987 with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 138,720 views
    2. thumb_up 404 thanks given
    3. group 116 followers
    1. forum 323 posts
    2. attach_file 35 attachments

Search this Thread

MBOXX ( similar to Weis Wave )/Wyckoff

Lfx987
London

Thanks Given: 90
Thanks Received: 79

Popsicle View Post
I purchased the grandfather package too and I have been in the room since 2nd February this year. Although the above post is correct, I do think there is a bit more to be said about the trading room.

In the beginning I was also perplexed about the setups that are being taught as a foundation. But as I dug deeper I realized something. Trading is not about using a set of indicators (as most of us hopefully know by this stage). It is mostly about getting over yourself. Your mindset, your pre-conceived ideas etc. What Matt, Mike and the other pros teach in the room is what it takes to become a professional day trader. That is the foundation of the whole apprenticeship. Yes, you read that right, it is an apprenticeship. As in I am going to learn from a master how to develop a certain skill and apply that skill and master it. The basic setup you start off with to learn this skill is just that, basic. But it is done for a very good reason. It teaches you how to read price action, how to read momentum and how to manage risk effectively. Once you master that, you can basically do anything in trading.

Just my 2c

Whist I agree with the concept of apprenticeship, what you have to appreciate is below:

1) There is zero mention that the rooms focus is not mBox. In fact it is implied that the room and the software go hand in hand. They are two completely separate businesses, each with its own focus. One is used to sell the other.

2) A good apprenticeship will include different approaches based upon different need of people.
With the room, the basic set-up is the be all and end all. You either learn that or there is nothing else.

If you ask Matt to teach you another set-up, he can't as he doesn't have one. In fact, he and Mike (not mBox Mike) then berate you or use passive aggressive suggestions to imply you are the problem and not their teaching.

Fact is, a good mentor has many techniques depending on the personality of whom they are teaching. Matt simply teaches what works for him, this is an apprenticeship of his techniques and not mBox - that is highly mis-leading.

Managing risk is imply to cut at a 10 tick stop irrespective of key levels or order flow. Never mind that you could have 15 losing trades, just keep going until you make your nut. This works for some but not for the many. Yet Matt has zero alternate techniques to teach does he?

Matt may cover the mBox indicators but he does not use them, he has zero set-ups that include them. He will often illustrate them AFTER THE FACT if they support his winning trades. People join to learn the mBox set-ups. It does not bode will when the room does not even believe in them to use them in any set up does it?

This thread alone has been going since 2015. If you assume the room gets 1 new client every month then over 5 years, that would be 60 clients yet how many have been successful? How many does Matt illustrate on his twitter for marketing purposes? 3 or 4?

When I was in the room, I used to hear the disappointment in peoples voices when Matt used to describe the set-up. In my opinion, it is near fraudulent the means by which the room is being sold as an mBox room.

You are implying that it the people who are to blame if they still fail after joining the room. Maybe some are but the fact is a teacher has many ways to teach, to teach only what works for the teacher, you have to question the teachers ability as a mentor.

I am happy that you found success in his teachings but lets not defend the basic point, the room and mBox are two independent products, neither one is required for the other.

You are implying the set-up is near gospel and everything you learn from that suggests if you cannot get it, you have no chance to make it. Again, a totally false assumption.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,858

Lfx987 View Post
Whist I agree with the concept of apprenticeship, what you have to appreciate is below:

1) There is zero mention that the rooms focus is not mBox. In fact it is implied that the room and the software go hand in hand. They are two completely separate businesses, each with its own focus. One is used to sell the other.

2) A good apprenticeship will include different approaches based upon different need of people.
With the room, the basic set-up is the be all and end all. You either learn that or there is nothing else.

If you ask Matt to teach you another set-up, he can't as he doesn't have one. In fact, he and Mike (not mBox Mike) then berate you or use passive aggressive suggestions to imply you are the problem and not their teaching.

Fact is, a good mentor has many techniques depending on the personality of whom they are teaching. Matt simply teaches what works for him, this is an apprenticeship of his techniques and not mBox - that is highly mis-leading.

Managing risk is imply to cut at a 10 tick stop irrespective of key levels or order flow. Never mind that you could have 15 losing trades, just keep going until you make your nut. This works for some but not for the many. Yet Matt has zero alternate techniques to teach does he?

Matt may cover the mBox indicators but he does not use them, he has zero set-ups that include them. He will often illustrate them AFTER THE FACT if they support his winning trades. People join to learn the mBox set-ups. It does not bode will when the room does not even believe in them to use them in any set up does it?

This thread alone has been going since 2015. If you assume the room gets 1 new client every month then over 5 years, that would be 60 clients yet how many have been successful? How many does Matt illustrate on his twitter for marketing purposes? 3 or 4?

When I was in the room, I used to hear the disappointment in peoples voices when Matt used to describe the set-up. In my opinion, it is near fraudulent the means by which the room is being sold as an mBox room.

You are implying that it the people who are to blame if they still fail after joining the room. Maybe some are but the fact is a teacher has many ways to teach, to teach only what works for the teacher, you have to question the teachers ability as a mentor.

I am happy that you found success in his teachings but lets not defend the basic point, the room and mBox are two independent products, neither one is required for the other.

You are implying the set-up is near gospel and everything you learn from that suggests if you cannot get it, you have no chance to make it. Again, a totally false assumption.

I think this is fair commentary you just made. I do not have the Mbox products, nor do I know anything about this trading room. However, like most traders on FIO, whenever a product or website is mentioned/reviewed I am always curious to check it out and take a look at the offerings.

From everything I read on the Mbox website, I was 100% convinced the trading room was an Mbox trading room. The cherry picked Twitter posts where supposed members charts are posted, appear to all show the MBox product. I can understand the confusion and it is unfortunate that this isn't made crystal clear to everybody.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
Thanked by:

Oriole 
Naples FLA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Currency Futures, RTY, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 72

I appreciate you all chiming in here. We agree the MBox Wave indicator is good stuff and almost unanimously agree that the trading room "sell" as a package is misleading. It seems that using the Wave as part of a system can work but you're on your own for training with the YOUTUBE videos.
Best wishes to you all.

Thanked by:
knuckleheadmovies
Memphis, TN USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Oriole View Post
Next question is about Matt Bowen. He runs No BS Trades (not “nobs trades”, no “bs trades”) and uses both his proprietary tools + MBox to trade. Not a lot of info on them but Matt and MBox Mike apparently work together. I really like MBox Mike. Matt has a trade room I’ll be doing a trial in someday soon. Just curious if anyone has any experience with Matt Bowen. Thank you.

Hello-

I am in the room with Matt and Mike S, not Mbox Mike. I have been trading for 10 years, never live or purely focused on trading due to kids and work mostly. But I had a foundation of what trading is about. I thought I had a quite a bit of knowledge, which I quickly found out in the trading room i actually didn't. I went in thinking I would start off learning Mbox, wasn't the case when I did the free trial, but I was willing to learn even though I hated MA's. I am glad I listened, i have learned soooo much with these guys. They teach a trader to read candles as well as give a psychological background, which Matt has, he's been doing this for 30+ years. The nut is a concept to teach you to learn to you can win, it gives you that psychological edge a trader needs. The room and people in it are very supportive, but yea, we are adults and talk like it.

The reason I am posting this is because I read some posts that put the room in not such a favorable light. The room is a trading where it is hands on. They give you the setup, which is incredibly easy, and verbally grade your trades one by one. There is no sugar coating, and that is what a trader needs. There are no training wheels and your are not going to be bottle fed. The point is to learn to be a trader, that is a skill very few have but many more claim to be. So if you are not okay with being treated as an adult and learn from some of the best, then the room might not be for you. If you want to learn and have incredible results, which they can back up, and handle a boot camp type room, you'll succeed. You cannot be a quitter, like some who have posted here, who have joined and thought they could find something better. The results speak for themselves.

Also, you do gradually learn to trade the Mbox if you want, it process to learn in stages, which again are proven to work through results. I don't care to learn it at this point, maybe one day.

If anyone wants to go into further detail about the room, message me and we can chat about it.

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

knuckleheadmovies View Post
Hello-

I am in the room with Matt and Mike S, not Mbox Mike. I have been trading for 10 years, never live or purely focused on trading due to kids and work mostly. But I had a foundation of what trading is about. I thought I had a quite a bit of knowledge, which I quickly found out in the trading room i actually didn't. I went in thinking I would start off learning Mbox, wasn't the case when I did the free trial, but I was willing to learn even though I hated MA's. I am glad I listened, i have learned soooo much with these guys. They teach a trader to read candles as well as give a psychological background, which Matt has, he's been doing this for 30+ years. The nut is a concept to teach you to learn to you can win, it gives you that psychological edge a trader needs. The room and people in it are very supportive, but yea, we are adults and talk like it.

The reason I am posting this is because I read some posts that put the room in not such a favorable light. The room is a trading where it is hands on. They give you the setup, which is incredibly easy, and verbally grade your trades one by one. There is no sugar coating, and that is what a trader needs. There are no training wheels and your are not going to be bottle fed. The point is to learn to be a trader, that is a skill very few have but many more claim to be. So if you are not okay with being treated as an adult and learn from some of the best, then the room might not be for you. If you want to learn and have incredible results, which they can back up, and handle a boot camp type room, you'll succeed. You cannot be a quitter, like some who have posted here, who have joined and thought they could find something better. The results speak for themselves.

Also, you do gradually learn to trade the Mbox if you want, it process to learn in stages, which again are proven to work through results. I don't care to learn it at this point, maybe one day.

If anyone wants to go into further detail about the room, message me and we can chat about it.

Nice. First ever post on FIO defending the trading room in great detail...if I had a nickel...

knuckleheadmovies
Memphis, TN USA

JonnyBoy View Post
Nice. First ever post on FIO defending the trading room in great detail...if I had a nickel...

I don't have much of a need to come and prove my penis size, that's why. You on the other hand... but it's okay, supposedly size doesn't matter.

Thanked by:
Lfx987
London

Thanks Given: 90
Thanks Received: 79

knuckleheadmovies View Post
Hello-

Think you are mistaken, no one disparaged the room per say, what was in question was what the room was teaching ie. is it teaching you to trade as per the style of mBox Mike.

Let me ask you a question.

The videos put out by mBox Mike (lets call him mMike), in the room on the first day of a new joiner, are any set-ups taught that teach you how to trade like mMike?

mMike does not trade with moving averages nor does he trade with 10 tick stops etc. His trading style is very very different to the basic set-up taught in the room.

Let me ask you, matt/mike.s/graham/and anyone else matt quotes on twiter, do they use the mBox indicators to make their trading decisions in the basic set-up?

If the answer to all of the above is no, then the room is not teaching what the grandfatherr package is implying it will teach ie. mBox.

No need to get defensive, if the set-up being taught (basically Bill Williams Alligator with 5 MA's instead of 3, and of different lengths) is different to how mMike trades, then the room is not teaching what it it implied it will be teaching.

Even if you get the basic set-up, there is no progression to learning how to trade like mMike because it is completely different.

The fact is you do not need mBox if you want to join the room and if you do buy mBox, the room isn't going to be the best place to learn how to use it like mMike. That's all there is too it.

Thanked by:

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Lfx987 View Post
Think you are mistaken, no one disparaged the room per say, what was in question was what the room was teaching ie. is it teaching you to trade as per the style of mBox Mike.

Let me ask you a question.

The videos put out by mBox Mike (lets call him mMike), in the room on the first day of a new joiner, are any set-ups taught that teach you how to trade like mMike?

mMike does not trade with moving averages nor does he trade with 10 tick stops etc. His trading style is very very different to the basic set-up taught in the room.

Let me ask you, matt/mike.s/graham/and anyone else matt quotes on twiter, do they use the mBox indicators to make their trading decisions in the basic set-up?

If the answer to all of the above is no, then the room is not teaching what the grandfatherr package is implying it will teach ie. mBox.

No need to get defensive, if the set-up being taught (basically Bill Williams Alligator with 5 MA's instead of 3, and of different lengths) is different to how mMike trades, then the room is not teaching what it it implied it will be teaching.

Even if you get the basic set-up, there is no progression to learning how to trade like mMike because it is completely different.

The fact is you do not need mBox if you want to join the room and if you do buy mBox, the room isn't going to be the best place to learn how to use it like mMike. That's all there is too it.

I wouldn't rise to the bait.

Michael from MBox started this thread himself with the username 'mdsvtr' and was banned. He later came on as himself under the user name 'mboxwave' and was subsequently banned. Now him or Matt obviously have a few user names that they use to browse FIO.

Memphis, TN appears to be quite a popular place for 'mdsvtr', 'mboxwave' and you guessed it 'knuckleheadmovies' to come from...what are the chances of that....

Thanked by:
brunoss
CALGARY

First and for most, I'm not Matt or Mike S.or MboxMike neither being paid, I'm new to this community, couple of months, and I'm just a member of NOBS room, I'll be speaking for myself as I felt some of the comments and opinions above are different from mine and doesn't reflect the reality I see every day on NOBS room.

I have been trading since 2017, options and futures. I have been in different trainings enough to have heavy background, loaded with different ideas, indicators and algos.

I found Mbox indicators through NOBS tweets, bought the grandfather package and joined the Matt's chat room back in December 2019. My initial intention was to trade as MboxMike and use the product I bought, who doesn't, the guy is killing it with 10k profits on every YouTube video. Matt, Mike at my first day welcomed me and asked my background to understand my level of experience, Matt is sharing his screen every day and it is and has been consistently sharing the same info since, with mbox indicators and also NOBS indicators, I found it great as they complement each other. Matt most of the time is teaching how to read the market and use all indicators to give you the edge to be a successful trader, big part of his education is also related to psychology behind trading, being a successful trader, which I can't argue because I had not been able to consistently be a successful trader. He makes it clear that the room is an apprenticeship program, for you to become a professional trader, and if you proof your are in another level other than a beginner you will be treated as one, majority of the people that come and join the room are not able to do proof that, including me, so you have to understand where you belong, beginners team.

now to come to my point, if you're a not a successful trader, and can't prove your consistency, and think that they are misleading you in not getting into the mbox education, you have ego issues, simple as that, mbox algos and indicators are advanced trading stuff, and can help you a lot if you know already how to trade, then use it. But if by this point you are not able to read the BARS, price action, and be able to succeed with the basic pullback setup with moving averages that they also teach, which by the way it alone can lead you to success, where in this world you think you will be able to succeed using the mbox stuff. You got to reflect yourself on this. In the other hand, if you are successful trader, meaning you know how to trade already and can proof your consistency, Matt everyday calls out the mbox algos firing off, and make analysis on them, as a beginner you will not get it and honestly should not depend on it, they will give an edge once you already know what you are doing and that's it, even on MboxMike vídeos you see he is reading the price action, support and resistance, and uses the indicators to support his analysis, clearly he does not need them to trade, he is professional already.

Conclusion, NOBS apprenticeship program is great to help you not only to become a successful professional trader, but also to understand the mental problems you're facing that prevents you to be successful. You will learn all that you need to trade by yourself without anything else other than just reading the freaking bars, plus you will learn how to analyze and use mbox algos and indicators too, everyday.

Thanked by:
 investorcat 
Copenhagen + Denmark

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Broker: Dorman - Continiuum
Trading: ES + CL

The room is not for everyone. You have to know what you want out of it. Sometimes Mike gets mad - but don't take it personally. I found that he's not mad at you but instead the way you trade. So just take the beating and learn - you can learn a LOT from these guys. Take what you can use and move on. That's what I did and it had worked wonders for me.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts