NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Quantsports, Ninjatrader and Betfair

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bomberone1 with 6 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 m0n0xide with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Chris23 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 17,101 views
    2. thumb_up 3 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 25 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Quantsports, Ninjatrader and Betfair

QuantSports
United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

Fat Tails View Post
Thanks very much for the suggestion. I am not into horse fetishes.

I just felt a bit unsure, whether conventional trading tools can be applied to horses. Saw the Gom Volume Ladder on the QuantSports video and was wondering, what the horse does with the ladder. The relative strength index, spikes, troughs, head and shoulders, everything gets a new meaning. And you definitely should not bet on any moving average.

But then I must acknowledge that the Heikin Ashi chart already looks like a horse mane, racing over Welles Wilder's parabolic SAR. Very British, indeed.

I think you might have slightly misunderstood, but that's entirely understandable for someone unfamiliar with the betting exchanges. Pre-event sports trading does not require knowledge of the actual event, just the price. A lot like in some forms of futures trading; trading is entirely market profile based.

Fundamental analysis is used by the traditional bettor who does not seek to trade the hypothetical probability of an outcome happening.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

QuantSports View Post
I think you might have slightly misunderstood, but that's entirely understandable for someone unfamiliar with the betting exchanges. Pre-event sports trading does not require knowledge of the actual event, just the price. A lot like in some forms of futures trading; trading is entirely market profile based.

Fundamental analysis is used by the traditional bettor who does not seek to trade the hypothetical probability of an outcome happening.

Thanks for pointing to this. If I misunderstood anything, it was a bit on purpose. I am not following any horse races, although I know that some people use sophisticated mathematical models to do arbitrage between different types of bets. NinjaTrader does not allow for executing spreads, so your customers are limited to directional bets, and commission and bid/ask can only be earned once.

How is this marketplace regulated? I would not trade on many FOREX retail platforms, and I have no confidence in instruments like CFDs. I am not afraid of futures and options, but I might be afraid of horse betting,

QuantSports
United Kingdom

Thanks Received: 2

Fat Tails View Post
Thanks for pointing to this. If I misunderstood anything, it was a bit on purpose. I am not following any horse races, although I know that some people use sophisticated mathematical models to do arbitrage between different types of bets. NinjaTrader does not allow for executing spreads, so your customers are limited to directional bets, and commission and bid/ask can only be earned once.

How is this marketplace regulated? I would not trade on many FOREX retail platforms, and I have no confidence in instruments like CFDs. I am not afraid of futures and options, but I might be afraid of horse betting,

This has nothing to do with arbitrage (something that doesn't exist on the betting exchanges). The analysis is meant to be used in conjunction with other Betfair trading platforms (that can execute spreads several times over). The markets are very similar to futures (in the sense that you are buying or selling a bet with an implied % chance of a future event happening) just on an incredibly short time-frame (for a trader the market only is active for about 10 minutes, though for scalping it could be lower than 5 minutes).

The markets aren't regulated (at all), it's just the respective sporting bodies which investigate match fixing and I believe Betfair co-operate with them. Some in-play markets are managed. Spread is entirely natural but is subject to incremental pricing. Commission is only on winnings. It's a closed market and Betfair just provide a platform, nothing like retail brokers. So in case you are wondering, there is a lot of insider trading and market manipulation

LuckyYou
Bulgaria

Thanks Received: 0

I am Very Very HAPPY Forex Gurus doesn't have an idea what Betfair Trading means!

TheSeeker 
Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT4, StrategyRunner
Trading: ES,EUR/USD,Oil
Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 73

QuantSports View Post

What is the average price range of a bet intraday ? Can one only trade before the beginning of the event or also during the sports event ?

Very interesting stuff !

3virgul14
Budapest

Thanks Received: 0

Chris23 View Post
Hi
You can use the TRIX indicator to see if the price go up or down and if go through the zero for price confirmation
Also the squeeze indicator is really good.

Hi Chris,

I am also trying to study Betfair markets on NT.

Could you send me these two indicators, TRIX and Squeeze.

I have NT 6.5..

How have you been doing ? Any significant success on Betfair ? I would appreciate if you can give some hints..

Thanks.

Best,

Alessandro

bomberone1 
London

Experience: Beginner
Platform: MultiCharts
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 29

Do you tjink to develop API also for Multicharts?
This site there are different comparison.
Interesting
http://tradinggraphs.com/software/charts-software/22-betfair-trading-software-comparison-bfexplorer-pro-vs-betangel-pro-video

Chris23 
Liege

Thanks Received: 7

Hi 3virgul14 , no i dont trade betfair anymore i am now on forex because there is to less volumes on a betfair market thats why some traders who come in with 10.000k or more can easily manipulate the price. Secondly, each market trading is less than 5 minutes => all the indicators take some times to appear because you need some historical price for them to work properly. But if you want to take a try here is the RSsqueezze.
NB. - Dont trade in play
- Prefer trading market between price range 2-4

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: RSqueeze.zip
 Family Trader 
Palm Beach County

Platform: OEC about to change to Ninja
Trading: ES ,EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 66
Thanks Received: 90

Unfortunately, this is useless information to US based traders as Betfair is illegal in the US.

Trader

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 bomberone1 
London

Experience: Beginner
Platform: MultiCharts
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 29

COuld post any kind of strategy trading about betfair please?
What are the difference from trading financial instrument?

Last Updated on July 4, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts