NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

auction dashboard

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one paps with 51 posts (67 thanks)
    2. looks_two ForJL with 19 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 emun with 18 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Tengoku with 13 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Silvester17 with 8.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two optionzen with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 paps with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ForJL with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 129,399 views
    2. thumb_up 389 thanks given
    3. group 78 followers
    1. forum 322 posts
    2. attach_file 34 attachments

Search this Thread

auction dashboard

skip 
Blaine, WA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Amp
Trading: CL, 6E, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

As I said, incredible product, brilliant developer, and I understand that you can say NO SUPPORT, but how practical is that?

I am asking for a very simple thing, please authorize my existing software on my new machine, nothing more, nothing less. For existing users that seems like a pretty minimal request for support, but the fact that you won't or can't do it means I paid for the software but can't use it. I have frankly been a loyal and very patient customer, but now I cannot use the software because I bought a new more powerful computer, and you won't authorize my software on that new computer.

If the rule is: Your software is licensed only for the machine you put it on, and if you want it on a new machine you have to buy the license all over again. If that is the case, then tell us. If that is not the case then authorize me so I can trade with it again.

This is a very simple request, and all you have to do is authorize the software on a new machine.

WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR YOU TO DO?

Just be honest with us about how much you are willing to do to support existing customers. If that effort is really 0, then I doubt you will get many more customers

One would have to be incredibly dumb to buy software from someone who refuses to support it. Don't you think?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
18 thanks
 steevcoco 
New York, NY, United States

Trading: CL -- Crude, Light, Sweet
Thanks Received: 15

skip View Post
As I said, incredible product, brilliant developer, and I understand that you can say NO SUPPORT, but how practical is that?

I am asking for a very simple thing, please authorize my existing software on my new machine, nothing more, nothing less. For existing users that seems like a pretty minimal request for support, but the fact that you won't or can't do it means I paid for the software but can't use it. I have frankly been a loyal and very patient customer, but now I cannot use the software because I bought a new more powerful computer, and you won't authorize my software on that new computer.

If the rule is: Your software is licensed only for the machine you put it on, and if you want it on a new machine you have to buy the license all over again. If that is the case, then tell us. If that is not the case then authorize me so I can trade with it again.

This is a very simple request, and all you have to do is authorize the software on a new machine.

WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR YOU TO DO?

Just be honest with us about how much you are willing to do to support existing customers. If that effort is really 0, then I doubt you will get many more customers

One would have to be incredibly dumb to buy software from someone who refuses to support it. Don't you think?

David: I interrupted my post when I found this: we've sent email: do we have the wrong email address? We're certainly late ... I also replied via a PM here.

steevcoco 
New York, NY, United States

Trading: CL -- Crude, Light, Sweet
Thanks Received: 15

Hello folks:

This is Steven (Auction Dashboard's Founder). I can understand frustration recently.

There was a period with many setbacks that swamped us ... Relocating, a holiday, and actually in fact, relocating again! On top of that, we had development in low level code, which is resource intensive.

In addition are many valuab;e things. Inside what may seem like a small product is an engine that pumps through 700 updates per millisecond, on very modest hardware. (That's 1.4 microseconds on average per update, in a core that does a lot of work --- that dashboard is printing a ton of information every screen refresh.)

I want to say something like: we are a custom shop. We belive that does not mean that what you have here is somehow lesser than a heavy hitter. In fact, veteran software developers will tell you that well managed code suffers less from straying from purpose, and stays more "agile": which is something that translates directly into value for the user. This should not become a boxy spreadsheet with no soul! Disparate departments and varying lunch breaks are "challenges" to software development! And we are still growing.

And there is the aspect about all the "unseen" work in software: development is labor intensive; and working on progressing features goes on laboriously in silence ... Unfortunately, users can't see any of that; yet it is just what they want! Software is tough!

We're starting to make progress back into our email. Please understand we do the best we can. Our price is very reasonable ... and we certainly don't point right to the license terms stating no support --- we don't really believe in that; and it is just a bottom line if things get tough for a moment. (We have had countless remote support logins and plenty of help; and that is just a worst case scenario.)

And we have a super group of very satisfied users that we can't appreciate enough. We have rolled many feature requests into releases. What we don't have is heavy duty marketing ...

Also, just to touch on one other point:

About "NinjaTrader will only use one Thread". I won't quote the poster: it may seem like they speak for Ninja (and don't). Perhaps you are trying to refer to the new windowing system which can run each window on it's own Thread ... By which I mean to say: if you mean to imply that Auction Dashboard is not multithreaded, then that is patently wrong. You can easily perform a test: create a new workspace and open one chart per physical or logical processor on your machine; and add Auction Dashboard to all charts. Save and close that workspace. Open your Task Manager (Control-Shift-Escape). Set the View to Always On Top. Expand for More Details. Switch to the Performance tab; and select CPU. Right-Click on the display and change the view to logical processors. Now open that workspace. This will cause Auction Dashboard to spawn at minimum 3 dedicated Threads per chart, while the BackFill begins to run. You will see the work distributed evenly over all of your physical and logical processors. We have no limitations ...

skip 
Blaine, WA

Broker: Amp
Trading: CL, 6E, ES, NQ
Thanks Received: 6

I am pleased to report, that things are working again. As I said before, this is incredible software at a very reasonable price, and the developer is clearly a very talented programmer. I hope, in the future, support when needed is more expeditiously provided. That is the weak link of this product, support can be very slow, but I believe AD has plans to resource that function more effectively in the future.
Skip

Thanked by:

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

I am quite impressed with my friends AD. It has several features I like.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

Steve-
How taxing is your composite on the overall system? I have several orderflow products and the composite is somewhat taxing, I'd like to run a composite in the background but other products composite bog my cpu down.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 tastypaint 
los angles

Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 180
Thanks Received: 46

KahunaDog View Post
I am quite impressed with my friends AD. It has several features I like.

Which of the features do you like? What information from it do you use?

Thierryq 
Recife + Brazil

Platform: Sierra
Broker: Denali
Trading: ES, spreads
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 49

One big advantage is to be able to use only one chart to do everything:

- Prepare for the trading day (zooming out - footprints become candles) analizing the composite, POCs and price zones,
- Watch the footprint development
- Trade the DOM.

The other is the price of the lifetime license. You get all these for a really low price.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 2.JPG
Views:	383
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	213197   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 3.JPG
Views:	396
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	213199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	213200  
 Zeeke50 
Bergen Norway

Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

By far my most valued add-on. I feel blindfolded without it.. The price is also amazing compared to the similar competitors.

Thanked by:
SgtJ
new york,ny

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 39

I assume a Mercury retrograde is the reason support emails aren't being acknowledged for the past wks?

Last Updated on May 20, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts