NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The CL Crude-analysis Thread

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 683 posts (1,274 thanks)
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 303 posts (479 thanks)
    3. looks_3 WilleeMac with 275 posts (218 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ron99 with 165 posts (262 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ron99 with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 WilleeMac with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 606,260 views
    2. thumb_up 3,558 thanks given
    3. group 286 followers
    1. forum 2,696 posts
    2. attach_file 644 attachments

Search this Thread

The CL Crude-analysis Thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

trendwaves View Post

December 2015 crude jumped $6.73 on Thursday.....might mean something???????

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
65 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
40 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
29 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Infinity
Trading: /CL
Thanks Given: 309
Thanks Received: 617

^^^^not only that but a hefty OI as well

-Bill

EDIT

https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/crude-oil/light-sweet-crude_quotes_settlements_futures.html

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,530

What's next for Crude Oil?

Total votes: 672

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 rizwaanlatif 
London + United Kingdom

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, FDAX, NQ, TF
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Thanked by:
 Underexposed 
Calgary Alberta/Canada

I think your choices are too limiting $30 would seem too low and $70 is fine and it will get there eventually but most "experts" do not expect that the rise will be rapid...

I think $40.00ish would be a reasonable bottom.... God I hope so for the sake of the Canadian economy. My province, Alberta derives an increasingly amount of It seems I am now on the thread starters ignrevenues from Oil and Gas

If this fall continues past $40 there will be untold hardship here trickling down to the lowest levels as the the oil industry supports more than just governments... services, supply industries and the jobs associated will disappear, cities that depend on taxes from those industries will suffer in infrastructure maintenance lack... the domino falling continues.

As you can see from the first chart...$40ish oil was the limit of the fall during the financial crisis of 2008-09. I don't know what the end game of Saudi Arabia is but the USA opening the export gates to increase the availability of oil does not help Canada AT ALL... I am sure they are doing it to punish Russia but Canada is being punished as well...and the halt on the Keystone Pipeline that would give Canada access to world markets pisses us off to no end here.

I think the fall will stop at $40 but the rebound will be a very slow process

It seems like I am on the ignore list of the thread starter.... possibly because of my comment to @tigertrader but I have no quarrel with him now though we had issues in the past...so I probably will return the favour. @Big Mike I see nothing offensive in this post to make it ignored...just responding to a poll.

I have something more to contribute but that is not really possible or apparently wanted

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Infinity
Trading: /CL
Thanks Given: 309
Thanks Received: 617

Iraq raises February OSP to Asia but cuts to U.S., Europe

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/business/economy/2015/01/11/Iraq-raises-February-OSP-to-Asia-but-cuts-to-U-S-Europe.html

-Bill

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Alphachase
Nicosia, Cyprus

Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 106

The same ARAMCO did on Wed this week. Hiked prices for Asia, cut for US.

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,375
Thanks Received: 10,192

Alphachase View Post
The same ARAMCO did on Wed this week. Hiked prices for Asia, cut for US.

Well maybe and maybe not. They actually raised the "formula" which doesn't mean the price went up or that the price for one location increased versus the other. To determine what the actual price is you will have to evaluate the entire formula. The Asia price is Oman/Dubai average based, the European price is Dated Brent based and the US price is ASCI based. I suspect if you look at what's happened to those major indices in the last month you'll find that the spread between these indices has moved in such a way that the relative prices are very similar after the formula changes. I'd give an example but unfortunately I do not have access to Platt's pricing to show what these indices have done in the last 45 days.

Thanked by:

CobblersAwls 
London, United Kingdom

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: N/A
Broker: Bloomberg
Trading: Energies
Thanks Given: 1,089
Thanks Received: 386

Take this for what it's worth but I thought I would share this as it was interesting for me at least. This comes from a friend who has worked in the Oil industry for many years in exploration, physical delivery and also hedging via FUTS.

During the decline, when Brent was around $80 per barrel, he said that this is just a normal cycle and we will see it settle between $65-$85 as demand slowly decreases across the West. He also said that $50 would be the bottom and that beyond that most of the large producers would just cut all non-essential projects and OPEC producers like NNPC would only produce oil to fulfill their contracts but would halt all spot deals. He was short at the time covering some of his physical and said that the decline is usually exasperated by speculators.

The ironic thing is that when we were approaching that $50 mark I remembered the conversation and thought that we would probably see some chop and Shorting wouldn't be as easy near here as it has been in past weeks, thinking therefore that I should probably stay out of it. Well...I did get involved last week and made one trade which chopped me up...a lesson learnt for me at least!

I'd speculate that we will probably see some further downside as speculators continue to press it lower, especially those who perhaps had options near the $40 mark as was reported. Saying that I voted for '$70' as I believe we will begin to see a shift in perception down here with larger players seeing this as an opportunity to lock in low prices for future business costs (airlines etc). I look at examples such as this ( Canada?s Richest Grain Family Bets on Rebound in Oil - Bloomberg) as the weak getting shaken out and those in strong positions seeing this an an opportune time to grab a bargain - much like in any market crash.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Natgas005
Nesconset, my USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Help oil move up . It will lead oil. It can see amove above 9 historic up move possible

Last Updated on March 23, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts