NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Fundseeder (www.fundseeder.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tturner86 with 8 posts (19 thanks)
    2. looks_two Blash with 6 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 5 posts (17 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mattz with 4 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mattz with 3.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tturner86 with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Blash with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 18,076 views
    2. thumb_up 83 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 35 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Fundseeder (www.fundseeder.com)

Cogito ergo sum 
Amsterdam

Experience: None
Platform: QuickStrike, CTS
Trading: Derivatives
Thanks Given: 227
Thanks Received: 214

Published on 11 Aug 2016
The Co-founder of FundSeeder presents live from the William J. Clinton Presidential Center in downtown Little Rock, Arkansas.

FundSeeder Investments (FSI) is a mandate-driven investment firm seeking to connect the world’s top undiscovered trading talent with qualified eligible investors. The affiliate company, FundSeeder Technologies, provides independent traders across all asset classes with a platform on which to establish a track record, access proprietary analytics, and compare themselves to their peers. With exclusive access to this pool of talent, FundSeeder Investments endeavors to identify both superior traders as well as the most promising up and coming managers.

I have to admit that this is a clever way to build a platform company that has multiple avenues for monetisation. I wonder if this technology savvy third party marketeer for hedge funds would have to compete with similar platforms in the near future. Does anybody know of anyone investment companies that have been launched through this platform?

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

Cogito ergo sum View Post

I have to admit that this is a clever way to build a platform company that has multiple avenues for monetisation. I wonder if this technology savvy third party marketeer for hedge funds would have to compete with similar platforms in the near future. Does anybody know of anyone investment companies that have been launched through this platform?

I happen to know the individuals in these videos and I work with one of then within a legal capacity. Not sure if I feel comfortable revealing names of entities that were launched, however I feel comfortable telling you that they aid and assist with legal work and introducing you to parties of interest.

You use the term "Hedge Funds" but as far as I know the intention is to turn you to a CTA or CPO first.
Jack Schwager outlined the criteria that they use to examine someone's track record in a previous webinar on Futures.IO

As far as your question if other such platforms exist: Not as far as I know for the retail crowd.
However, you do have institutional platforms for those who are already licensed and have capital traded.

The bottom line is that if you are a real $ trader (not demo) and you achieved good results with your funds, maybe you should consider getting into money management. Good traders make modest returns and take modest and reasonable risks.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]

SoftSoap 
Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: InteractiveBrokers
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 347
Thanks Received: 1,227

Any FIO members who are using fundseeder here? I'd like to hear some input from the typical retail trader.

I'm a very new trader so I'm mostly interested for the fundseeder analytics, as I'd like to benchmark my performance and start looking at numbers that I don't currently track on my spreadsheets (sharpe, GPR, etc.).

I currently see no drawdowns of connecting your broker account to fundseeder. To me this sounds amazing so it's weird to me that this isn't something that every trader uses. However, I might be missing something

Any thoughts?

Yesterday's excellence is today's standard and tomorrow's mediocrity
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

muttoez 
Sydney + Australia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: CSI / Sierra Chart
Broker: IB
Trading: Everything
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 313

SoftSoap View Post
Any FIO members who are using fundseeder here? I'd like to hear some input from the typical retail trader.

I'm a very new trader so I'm mostly interested for the fundseeder analytics, as I'd like to benchmark my performance and start looking at numbers that I don't currently track on my spreadsheets (sharpe, GPR, etc.).

I currently see no drawdowns of connecting your broker account to fundseeder. To me this sounds amazing so it's weird to me that this isn't something that every trader uses. However, I might be missing something

Any thoughts?

I've connected to Fundseeder.

A lot of the analytics are probably too advanced for the average retail trader but there are plenty of useful features such as monthly return data, charts for cumulative return, underwater, annualized volatility and equity curve and basic performance statistics such as total returns, maximum drawdown, GPR, etc that most traders will find useful. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't connect to it given that it's free.

The only caveat to this is that I probably wouldn't connect to it in the very early stages of your trading career while your still developing your process if your ultimate goal is to manage money as it might impact on your public track record.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

SoftSoap 
Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: InteractiveBrokers
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 347
Thanks Received: 1,227

muttoez View Post
I've connected to Fundseeder.

A lot of the analytics are probably too advanced for the average retail trader but there are plenty of useful features such as monthly return data, charts for cumulative return, underwater, annualized volatility and equity curve and basic performance statistics such as total returns, maximum drawdown, GPR, etc that most traders will find useful. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't connect to it given that it's free.

The only caveat to this is that I probably wouldn't connect to it in the very early stages of your trading career while your still developing your process if your ultimate goal is to manage money as it might impact on your public track record.

Thanks a lot for the response.

In regards to the analytics, does fundseeder allow you to benchmark your numbers with others in similar categories? Ex, GPR vs other futures traders with less than X years of experience?

I'm a pretty new trader so I might want to take your advice on whether or not to connect right away. I'll see if there's a way to only show public records from a certain date, so that I can still get the analytics in the short-term without worrying about potential long-term drawbacks.

Yesterday's excellence is today's standard and tomorrow's mediocrity
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

muttoez 
Sydney + Australia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: CSI / Sierra Chart
Broker: IB
Trading: Everything
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 313

SoftSoap View Post
Thanks a lot for the response.

In regards to the analytics, does fundseeder allow you to benchmark your numbers with others in similar categories? Ex, GPR vs other futures traders with less than X years of experience?

I'm a pretty new trader so I might want to take your advice on whether or not to connect right away. I'll see if there's a way to only show public records from a certain date, so that I can still get the analytics in the short-term without worrying about potential long-term drawbacks.

Yes there are benchmarking capabilities between futures traders, forex traders, etc as well as trading styles e.g. fundamental vs technical, discretionary vs systematic. There are also filters for time tracked, account size and different stats.

As far as I'm aware there is no way to limit the date your record counts from. This is only relevant if you think you might manage money in the future. If you only ever plan on trading your own account then I wouldn't worry about it.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 13, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts