NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Bolt Trader Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one BoltTrader with 259 posts (486 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 14 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 KahunaDog with 6 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Scalpingtrader with 5 posts (8 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Tap In with 2.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two BoltTrader with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Scalpingtrader with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 33,738 views
    2. thumb_up 542 thanks given
    3. group 13 followers
    1. forum 309 posts
    2. attach_file 185 attachments

Search this Thread

The Bolt Trader Journal

BoltTrader 
Phoenix + AZ/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: MES, MNQ, M2K, MYM and MGC
Thanks Given: 2,481
Thanks Received: 831

This has been a totally frustrating week NOT because of trading but because of Internet Connectivity Issues. I tried trading earlier this week and had to stop because of the problem. So I called Cox Communications and was able to get a Technician Supervisor out to the house to try and remedy my unstable connection issues. They replaced some equipment on their end to try and resolve the issue. Today, I tried trading again and had 1 successful trade and as soon as I was getting ready to open another position with the nice move downward I lost connection for the longest period of time yet. I had to call TST and have them cancel all pending orders and then I called Cox again. I just got off the phone with Cox about 30 minutes ago, and am back to troubleshooting for the next 24 hours. Hopefully, I can get this completely resolved soon!

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 BoltTrader 
Phoenix + AZ/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

I will say this Cox doesn't give up. Today, they ran another Cable to my home, now I have two and the Internet is separate from Cable and I have a separate modem for the telephone and Internet now. It has been a long, long process where everything they have tried hasn't resolved the issue. Today, I lost the Internet for 9 minutes and was continuing to have packets dropped or lost at an unacceptable level before I called them and they rushed out and took these newest measures. Here is to hoping. My Internet speed for both download and upload is awesome, all I need is a stable connection.

I restarted my Combine and today was my first day to trade. Unfortunately, due to my neglect of leaving an open order on the chart I was very quickly down over $750 and then over a $1,000 in the hole way before the market even opened. I did manage to bring myself back to the positive and the setup I was looking for in both the CL and YM came just as I was losing the Internet for that long period of time. I passed on it when my connection returned and then the Supervisor and Technician were here at the home for several hours again trying the newest measures to resolve my unstable connection problems. It is amazing that I went for years with no problems and now for the past several months they cannot seem to resolve the issue. I just never know when it is going to go down.

I intend to restart my journal entries here tomorrow with my trades taken and the results as well as start reading journals again. Hope all is going well for everyone!

Thanked by:

Sazon 
Roswell, GA

Experience: Advanced
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 930
Thanks Received: 472

BoltTrader View Post
I will say this Cox doesn't give up. Today, they ran another Cable to my home, now I have two and the Internet is separate from Cable and I have a separate modem for the telephone and Internet now. It has been a long, long process where everything they have tried hasn't resolved the issue. Today, I lost the Internet for 9 minutes and was continuing to have packets dropped or lost at an unacceptable level before I called them and they rushed out and took these newest measures. Here is to hoping. My Internet speed for both download and upload is awesome, all I need is a stable connection.

I restarted my Combine and today was my first day to trade. Unfortunately, due to my neglect of leaving an open order on the chart I was very quickly down over $750 and then over a $1,000 in the hole way before the market even opened. I did manage to bring myself back to the positive and the setup I was looking for in both the CL and YM came just as I was losing the Internet for that long period of time. I passed on it when my connection returned and then the Supervisor and Technician were here at the home for several hours again trying the newest measures to resolve my unstable connection problems. It is amazing that I went for years with no problems and now for the past several months they cannot seem to resolve the issue. I just never know when it is going to go down.

I intend to restart my journal entries here tomorrow with my trades taken and the results as well as start reading journals again. Hope all is going well for everyone!

Are there any other internet providers in your area?

I know that verizon offers a "jetpack" (Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 6620L ) which is a portable wi-fi link device. However, this would only be an emergency type of solution because it could get costly with large amounts of data going through it.

pipandrun 
Cologne, Germany
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,154
Thanks Received: 1,215

BoltTrader View Post
It is amazing that I went for years with no problems and now for the past several months they cannot seem to resolve the issue. I just never know when it is going to go down.

maybe just change your house......this sounds really crazy......

Waiting, Discipline and Patience Pays!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 BoltTrader 
Phoenix + AZ/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

pipandrun View Post
maybe just change your house......this sounds really crazy......

lol - It has been crazy

Thanked by:
 BoltTrader 
Phoenix + AZ/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Sazon View Post
Are there any other internet providers in your area?

I know that verizon offers a "jetpack" (Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 6620L ) which is a portable wi-fi link device. However, this would only be an emergency type of solution because it could get costly with large amounts of data going through it.

Cox is the best (especially when it comes to the speed) and like I say I have had no real issues prior to this. I am hoping that this last attempt will take care of it. However, as I have a constant ping test going on I see that I am still losing an unacceptable amount of packets but NO loss of connectivity so far today. I will call them later this afternoon and see what they say.

Thanked by:
 BoltTrader 
Phoenix + AZ/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

The low volume earlier this morning was really giving me a rough time and for some reason I have been very aggressive on the trades I took. The first 2 were on the E-Mini Dow (YM). The first hit my target @+10 didn't fill, reversed and stopped me out at +1. The 2nd trades on YM was very aggressive so I left my catastrophic stop at +15 thinking that was enough room. Price came down took me out to the tick and of course you know the rest of the story. Price then reversed to go and reach my target.

E-Mini Dow (YM)

On Crude I also took an aggressive counter-trend trade off the 3rd Range Expansion Target Highs looking for price to retest the channel lows. It was a successful trade for +10 ticks.

Crude (CL)

Thanked by:
 BoltTrader 
Phoenix + AZ/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

I am taking a little break now and going to eat some lunch and then take a little walk. After, I will return and see if I can locate 1 or 2 more trades.

Thanked by:
 BoltTrader 
Phoenix + AZ/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

My Internet Connection was lost again and of course more packet loss. I didn't want to leave the day where I was so I took 2 quick scalps with 5 contracts each. One was for +5 ticks and the other for +4 ticks and both were on Crude. Both went the anticipated +10 ticks but I didn't want to stay in the trade any longer than I had to. The YM just seems to have dried up so I may have to settle for being down there. Cox has been called and they will be back out today and it sounds like they may have someone from Maintenance coming verses the Technicians coming out.

Crude (CL)

Thanked by:

rintin2x 
salt lake utah

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 634
Thanks Received: 542

BoltTrader, what are those triangle and dots on the chart? Sorry been following your journals, but can't find your explanation on it.

Last Updated on March 7, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts