madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

GC failed PHOD right before its open and traded down. found support at the noise bands and resistance at the 5m OR then back down to a new low for the day. it quickly fired back up to test the underside of the 5m OR and i decided to get short targeting the low of day. she bounced around against me for 30min or so and i move my target back up and got a tiny winner only to see it go to my tgt in the next 10mins.

i wasnt sure about where CL was going for the day, but i did take a short right at the open that i got stopped out on. it tried to move higher shortly after and i got short again at a higher price. this one worked out with a target close to the ONL and noise bands. i didnt trade it at all again after that. it totally fell out of bed.

didnt trade the TF.

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

i had two trades today in the CL. i was long early as we held above the 5m OR and PLOD after we pushed above it coming from the ADR low. i exited around the area where most of the asian session hung at plus yesterdays close, it was also very close to the ADR high. the second trade was short from the same area as it looked like we were failing the 45m ORH and the noise bands. my target was resistance from overnight as well as PLOD.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Thanked by:

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

i took a trade in CL that was breaking below the lower ADN and 5m OR. it could have been scalped or closed out for BE or small loss but i let it go all the way. i thought it would go lower than it did, but the rejection from the PLOD was the clue here as well..

in TF i got short off the highs early as we were already all the way at the upper ADR/ADN. i was targeting the VWAP area on another chart and the 50% mark on the 45m OR.

i took an ON trade in GC as she pushed up towards the ADN high. was looking toppy and an area of resistance from the previous day. this ended up being resistance the whole day. i was targeting yesterdays close. it went a bit further(lower ADN)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

monday was basically a scratch day all around on CL and GC.

today i took a short at the early 45m OR highs. my tgt was the bottom of the upper noise bands. it tagged it and quickly pushed back higher.

i took a short in the CL right before the open at a failure at the upper noise bands. figured it would go to the lower noise bands. that wasnt the case. then it pushed up higher and had a retest of the highs so i got short again. i pulled my stop down early because i thought it was going to go make a new high from how we opened up. that also didnt happen and fell out of bed. after we got a nice clean bounce from that move i shorted again at the bottom of the noise bands and picked up some more. again, not full potential.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Thanked by:

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

GC was confusing for me today during its RTH session so i didnt trade it.
TF seems like its all over the place, then falls out of bed at the end of the day, no trades there either.

on CL i had 1 trade right at the open from a failure to push up through the upper noise bands and its 5m opening range. i took a short with a target of the bottom of the 5m OR and what looked to be support before news. well i was right, but it ended up just being a pullback for much lower prices..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

i tried to get short on the first pullback after the open on CL, even added to it, but it just didnt want to break the low as the 5min OR was holding her up. i got out of this trade with a few ticks and looked for the next one. she blasted the other direction and i managed to get in, and add on to, the second pullback long.

i had two trades on the TF as well. short mid-morning that went in my favor and came back to stop me out. i could have gotten out earlier but i wanted to let it work. i left TF alone for awhile. the second one i got long above the noise bands and looked like she was going to breakout but stalled. i took 1 contract off for a couple ticks and let the last one run. it was getting late in the day and wanted to see if they would close it higher so i placed my tgt just above the swing high and it got nailed. not a bad day.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Last Updated on October 27, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts