NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Learning the ES

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jackbravo with 50 posts (57 thanks)
    2. looks_two sandptrader with 11 posts (16 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kickmic with 6 posts (8 thanks)
    4. looks_4 lovetotrade with 5 posts (9 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 13 thanks per post
    2. looks_two lovetotrade with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sandptrader with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jackbravo with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 11,903 views
    2. thumb_up 115 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 83 posts
    2. attach_file 21 attachments

Search this Thread

Learning the ES

sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra , TOS
Trading: 6E, ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,881
Thanks Received: 472

Zxeses View Post
What is that indicator at the bottom, it looks like a colored stochastic or macd, but nice and smooth!

It is a Stochastic ...

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

jackbravo 
SF, CA/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: Stage 5
Trading: NQ...uh..ES actually
Thanks Given: 4,362
Thanks Received: 2,400

10/27

Completely chopped up in this range day. Though I did follow more of my plan (not all!) and tried to go in at pullbacks, there was not enough continuation, and i'd get stopped out. ALso, A couple of times what looked like a pullback was just a consolidation in a reverse trend. If I had followed all my rules, I wouldv'e only taken one trade with stop in those islands, rather than 3 or 4 trades per island of consolidation.

The Renko chart is interesting. Given no range today, it hardly moved. Interesting, thanks @sandptrader!

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

jackbravo View Post
10/27

Completely chopped up in this no-range day. Though I did follow more of my plan (not all!) and tried to go in at pullbacks, there was not enough continuation, and i'd get stopped out. ALso, A couple of times what looked like a pullback was just a consolidation in a reverse trend. If I had followed all my rules, I wouldv'e only taken one trade with stop in those islands, rather than 3 or 4 trades per island of consolidation.

The Renko chart is interesting. Given no range today, it hardly moved. Interesting, thanks @sandptrader!

I had only one trade since last night, but it was in CL...held it overnight with stop & target in place...went to sleep after our posts.....i wake up around 6am and target hit for +29 ticks on 2 contracts....had to leave for town just after 10am, and arrive back about 2:50 pm ...just been reading since then.
The Renko chart you were watching...what size was the bar?....not much movement on ES compared to last days.

Thanked by:

jackbravo 
SF, CA/USA

sandptrader View Post
I had only one trade since last night, but it was in CL...held it overnight with stop & target in place...went to sleep after our posts.....i wake up around 6am and target hit for +29 ticks on 2 contracts....had to leave for town just after 10am, and arrive back about 2:50 pm ...just been reading since then.
The Renko chart you were watching...what size was the bar?....not much movement on ES compared to last days.

Renko 2 with the overlay

nice job with the CL trade. CL scares me.

Thanked by:
 sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

jackbravo View Post
Renko 2 with the overlay

Is there anyway you could post it ...i wanted to see what it looks like on TradeStation platform ?

Thanked by:

jackbravo 
SF, CA/USA

sandptrader View Post
Is there anyway you could post it ...i wanted to see what it looks like on TradeStation platform ?

lol, just edited my post.

Thanked by:
 sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

jackbravo View Post
Renko 2 with the overlay

nice job with the CL trade. CL scares me.

I see what you mean with not much movement....it says size 2, but looks more like 7 or 8 on my platform...btw this as regular Renko bar, and not BetterRenko as i think it is more like yours.
I think between your 2, and what i see here on my platform, it is close to size 7 Renko bar.
I am not sure on TradeStation for Renko size....but size 2 on TradeStation is way bigger then on Ninjatrader....is that all the selection you have for Renko is size 2?

Wait...i think i am looking at your chart wrong...is the vertical green line 5 pm ?
i see now....sorry wait i will post a 2 size....i think after looking really close on your chart ...that green line is the open ?
I must be tired...only had 3 hours sleep......i see we are on diff time zones...i edit with size 8 Renko chart...looks closer, but not the same.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 12-14 (8 BetterRenko)  10_27_2014.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	163653  
Thanked by:

jackbravo 
SF, CA/USA

sandptrader View Post
I see what you mean with not much movement....it says size 2, but looks more like 7 or 8 on my platform...btw this as regular Renko bar, and not BetterRenko as i think it is more like yours.
I think between your 2, and what i see here on my platform, it is close to size 7 Renko bar.
I am not sure on TradeStation for Renko size....but size 2 on TradeStation is way bigger then on Ninjatrader....is that all the selection you have for Renko is size 2?

Wait...i think i am looking at your chart wrong...is the vertical green line 5 pm ?
i see now....sorry wait i will post a 2 size....i think after looking really close on your chart ...that green line is the open ?

Yea, the green is (near) the open at 830a. I'll mess around the settings to see if I can get it to match yours.

I think this is a close match, renko 1.7.

I missed that nice long downtrend from the top overnight, as it was still defined as an uptrend on my 5000tck chart, and I'm trying to stick with my rules and not take countertrend trades. sheesh. can't win.

Thanked by:
 sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

jackbravo View Post
Yea, the green is (near) the open at 830a. I'll mess around the settings to see if I can get it to match yours.

I think this is a close match, renko 1.7.

I missed that nice long downtrend from the top overnight, as it was still defined as an uptrend on my 5000tck chart, and I'm trying to stick with my rules and not take countertrend trades. sheesh. can't win.

yea...it is going to look like that with larger size charts...... i see now how that TradeStation does with the Number size for Renko.
Your Stochastic looks Good as it Signaled the Top, and Bottom...i do not rely on just one thing like an Indicator, but that would have been good trades.
You are right to stick to what you have seen that works...like Trading with trend.

Thanked by:
 sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

Try size 1.5 to see if you get more movement, as in Tradeable movement...that might show you some more set ups that you may have Entered...in any case it should be smaller than what you posted.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on October 31, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts