NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

How would you change Sierra Chart?

Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 11 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two mattz with 9 posts (24 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Japhro with 8 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 4 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one DarkPoolTrading with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 3.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 puma with 3.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 mattz with 2.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 52,718 views
    2. thumb_up 199 thanks given
    3. group 58 followers
    1. forum 106 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

How would you change Sierra Chart?

Tyro 
Houston Texas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart, TOS
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 30

A couple of things that might improve the experience:

The ability to search for keywords when "Studies Available" open. Now I have to guess at the nomenclature or go on the web and google variations.

The same ability ability to search for keywords when "Studies to Graph" open.

The ability to widen the studies window. Same for subgraphs.

Completely rewrite the studies interface, allow search and have they elements segmented by function then sorted and alphabetized.

On settings and inputs, the ability to sort the inputs and search the input names.

On studies, have a undo feature after "apply". This lets one test configurations.

I don't believe the ability to scale a multi lot trade is adequate without a lot of fidgeting with the trade window. I want to be able to put three on OCO and have a button to peal one off.

I use a footprint chart (number bars) and haven't yet found a setting that doesn't change/crowd the font on the bars. If it is there it is cryptically obscure. The "lock fill space" changes in a whim. Everything is set to "Scale Range Automatic" but it still changed as price moves off the chart. Frustrating.

I would like a chart label column without a DOM or the ability to remove all DOM features and keep the label column. Nice to have a DOM but I don't need it on every chart, I do however need a clean way to label indicators. Using volume profile already clutters the right edge, a label column would be organized.

Have you seen apps that have a "question mark" icon, once you click the ? then click on another object, it tells you what that object is and where to find the settings? Would save hours digging through obscure documentation.

Performance tuning: A screen evaluator - something that let you see the configuration of a chart and let you look for high CPU or time consuming study configuration. You can sort of do that no in the "Studies to Graph: window but it is a pain.

A way to dump a chart or chart-book to text to see all the settings. There is so much stuff buried many level deep - it would be wonderful to have all those settings in a text dump so you could find hidden configurations.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Baudo
Utrecht, Netherlands

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 104

What would I like to see in Sierrachart?

1. Keep it as it is

2. Add native linux support; the workaround with Wine/Proton-GE works but gives trouble with the remembering the Window positions in my multiple screen setup (specifically quote boards, memory log etc.)

3. Add a graph of cumulative PnL-development per trade (# trades on the horizontal axis, profit on the vertical axis), to be plotted in my chart book.

Great work, wonderful program. Works substantially better, smoother, faster in Linux is my experience than on same machine under windows setup.

creamyyy 
Brisbane, Australia

Platform: Sierra Chart
Thanks Given: 56
Thanks Received: 109

1. Proper working alerts with the ability to send an attached chart image via telegram or email
2. Dark mode for UI + UI overhaul
3. Chart snapping instead of manually resizing windows.
4. Mac M1 native version
5. Mask account ID, not just hide it.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

deachne 
Goodlands Manitoba/Canada

Platform: NT 8
Trading: oil
Thanks Given: 59
Thanks Received: 37

I was looking at SC features and one item I don't think I saw was a scanner/screener.

Does it exist in SC?

Thanked by:
PeanutButter108
Toronto

Thanks Given: 150
Thanks Received: 33

Options chains and analysis like in ThinkOrSwim

dupuis3693
Toronto Canada

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

Dark mode

dupuis3693
Toronto Canada

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

[CENTER][/CENTERalso masking account number]

Last Updated on April 3, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts