NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Pandawarrior Chronicles II

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 136 posts (1,249 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 14 posts (61 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 12 posts (47 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 12 posts (39 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 9.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 3.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 3.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 49,800 views
    2. thumb_up 1,758 thanks given
    3. group 57 followers
    1. forum 283 posts
    2. attach_file 16 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

The Pandawarrior Chronicles II

tradermark2009 
Concord, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts and NT7
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Mini's and CL
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 276

Hey panda, first of all...great trading. I'm more of a scalper, but this thread alone has helped me to expand my thinking alittle and look at the market differently. But if you don't mind me asking, what indicators are you using?

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 BoltTrader 
Phoenix + AZ/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: MES, MNQ, M2K, MYM and MGC
Thanks Given: 2,481
Thanks Received: 831

Good trading. Enjoying the journal.

Thanked by:
 smalltrader35 
Europe

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: Mirus
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 12

Hi Panda,

Can you provide indicators used and chart template is possible?? Thx

Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

tradermark2009 View Post
Hey panda, first of all...great trading. I'm more of a scalper, but this thread alone has helped me to expand my thinking alittle and look at the market differently. But if you don't mind me asking, what indicators are you using?

I'm glad you like the thread. Its always nice to know someone feels like they are giving something back to the community.

Here is my list of indicators all of which are available here on the forum in the downloads area. The indicators are mostly a set of filters that guide my thinking in terms of market direction and potential entry areas. I have various thought processes with regards to how I use each one and then taken together they form a a reason to enter a trade and to exit that trade. Basically they only provide context, its what you do with the context and how price is behaving in that context that determines your trade.

That being said, most people focus on indicators as a way to find an entry location, which is fine of course but of more importance is both the risk associated with that entry and the exit. Entries are designed to minimize risk and exits to maximize profit.

So to sum up, I provide my indicator list gladly but they won't be of much use without a plan to use them for both entries and exits.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

smalltrader35 View Post
Hi Panda,

Can you provide indicators used and chart template is possible?? Thx

see the next post after yours....all the indicators are shown.....they are all available on the forum....

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread
 tradermark2009 
Concord, CA

Platform: Sierra Charts and NT7
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Mini's and CL
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 276

Hi PW, I hope all is well! Thank you for the list, I have most just missing 2. My purpose is to really work harder at the imtermediate price movement and projections-intraday. I trade inside your trades, but I would like to have a better plan to trade more based on multple swing movements once a trend area has developed so I can hold longer. Holding longer, means less commission for me. So with all that just trying to get better, and I like your approach in what your thought process in for entering trades. I have kept tabs on you since the AZ thread...so thank you for your skill, sharing and above all your time. BTW..welcome back. Mark

PandaWarrior View Post
I'm glad you like the thread. Its always nice to know someone feels like they are giving something back to the community.

Here is my list of indicators all of which are available here on the forum in the downloads area. The indicators are mostly a set of filters that guide my thinking in terms of market direction and potential entry areas. I have various thought processes with regards to how I use each one and then taken together they form a a reason to enter a trade and to exit that trade. Basically they only provide context, its what you do with the context and how price is behaving in that context that determines your trade.

That being said, most people focus on indicators as a way to find an entry location, which is fine of course but of more importance is both the risk associated with that entry and the exit. Entries are designed to minimize risk and exits to maximize profit.

So to sum up, I provide my indicator list gladly but they won't be of much use without a plan to use them for both entries and exits.

Thanked by:

TheWizard 
Houston, TX
Market Wizard

Broker: Optimus Futures, AMP, CQG
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 517
Thanks Received: 4,224

PandaWarrior View Post

@PandaWarrior,

Where can one find Pavalotos 3/10 ?

I searched all threads for attachments under "pavalotos" and also downloads and came up empty handed.

Thank you.

After all, it's what you learn AFTER you know it all, that counts!
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,539

TheWizard View Post
@PandaWarrior,

Where can one find Pavalotos 3/10 ?

I searched all threads for attachments under "pavalotos" and also downloads and came up empty handed.

Thank you.

Do an attachment search:

https://nexusfi.com/search/attachments/

Keyword: LBR

I am guessing it's the same as existing LBR310 indicators, but Panda can clarify.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Silver Dragon 
Cincinnati Ohio
Legendary Master Data Manipulator

Platform: TastyWorks / NT
Broker: TastyWorks /NT
Trading: FX, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 6,422
Thanks Received: 5,238

PandaWarrior View Post

@PandaWarrior

I think people look at your profit / loss and indicator set and go wow, I can do that... The reality is that it rarely works for the reasons highlighted above. The truth is; Give a new / un experienced trader a good trading system or good set of indicators and they will still lose money... give a good / experienced trader who is focused on trading (not money!!) a poor trading system or bad indicators and they will figure out a way to make money.

At some point a trader realizes profits are nothing more than a result of an action. If you are focusing on the result instead of the action your never going to succeed as a trader.

Robert

nosce te ipsum

You make your own opportunities in life.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

TheWizard 
Houston, TX
Market Wizard

Broker: Optimus Futures, AMP, CQG
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 517
Thanks Received: 4,224

Big Mike View Post
Do an attachment search:

https://nexusfi.com/search/attachments/

Keyword: LBR

I am guessing it's the same as existing LBR310 indicators, but Panda can clarify.

Mike

@Big Mike, Tried searching under LBR. Brings up a whole list of LBR310 indicators, some of which I've shared. Nothing relating to Pavlotos, though. I didn't know it was another 'flavor' of LBR310. Thanks.

After all, it's what you learn AFTER you know it all, that counts!
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 13, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts