NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Pandawarrior Chronicles II

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 136 posts (1,249 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 14 posts (61 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 12 posts (47 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 12 posts (39 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 9.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 3.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 3.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 50,056 views
    2. thumb_up 1,758 thanks given
    3. group 57 followers
    1. forum 283 posts
    2. attach_file 16 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

The Pandawarrior Chronicles II

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,405

No trade day for me. I have family today and probably tomorrow as well. Actually not sure when they are leaving to be honest!

Anyway, I got up to trade today, realized I was not really focused and just decided to not do anything today. Hopefully I can get back in the groove tomorrow when I figure out what the plan is....

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Took some time tonight to review the action today....instead I saw this....something I've been working on to see real time.....these head fake type things happen all the time.....I want to be on the side doing the head fakes instead of being the one suckered in.....like I have many times in the past...

And as always,

If you like this journal and find it valuable to you, please click the link below and hit the thanks button on that post. Unfortunately you can only thank me once in the voting thread but you can thank me all you like here....take care and hopefully this is helpful.

Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Daily chart....price has broken the lower trend line.

Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

I promised to write about today's trade in some depth....but I elected to mark the charts instead and go step by step....what the charts don't say is how hard it was to NOT trade prior to my entry.....I just sat there....ever nerve in my body wanting in because I KNEW it was going down....but rules are rules....more or less....I sort of broke one on the entry....price wasn't totally below the consolidation box and trend line when I entered...but I knew I was ok....had price started back up from there, I would have just closed the trade.

Anyway, in chronological order, here are the charts:

And the bigger picture charts.....the 5M has a 20EMA on it from the 60M chart along with a 15SMA....

Hopefully this gives you some idea of my thought process today. I'm not always this disciplined nor am I always this clear on what I think might happen. Sometimes it takes me a couple of shots to get it right. Today it took one....I prefer the one and done thing when it happens.....

And to be quite fair, after this trade, there was a nice counter trend trade back to the same resistance area...but I was already tired, up late last night with family, plus I was hungry....so pack it in and go be with the family.

EDIT: About the news....yes it can be tricky, BUT the setups for trading the news almost ALWAYS happen prior to the news....and retail traders EXIT the trade or don't enter prior to news....but what almost always happens is what you see today....trade already in progress, liquidity disappears, price flashes around a bit, takes out the weak hands, suckers people in the wrong way and then the key part.....continues doing what it was doing BEFORE the news. Of course sometimes you get surprise and price simply reverses and keeps going.....but most of the time, this scenario plays out week after week....the big money already knows what the news is gonna be within reason and so they start loading the boat ahead of time. Today, the setup occurred about an hour ahead of time, usually its 15-30 minutes ahead of time....regardless, if you see a set up prior to the news, don't be afraid to enter and hold through it....provided your stops aren't to close......the liquidity vacuum can eat your stop if its inside the spread.....I have had that happen once or twice. You won't see the stop price print on the chart but you still get taken out.....and its because your stop is between the bid and ask which I once saw be around 30 ticks during the split second or two after the number. Regardless, trading the CL number can be a lot of fun if you get it right.

And as always,

If you like this journal and find it valuable to you, please click the link below and hit the thanks button on that post. Unfortunately you can only thank me once in the voting thread but you can thank me all you like here....take care and hopefully this is helpful.

Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

The world?s greatest stock picker? Bet you sold Apple and Google a long time ago. - The Washington Post

Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Some days are like soft blissful dreams where everything goes your way....some days are like a dense fog where you can't see anything.....and today was one of those days.....chart is clean now but I had it all messed up with conflicting trend lines, false levels, you name it, I had it screwed up....funny thing is, just trade the method and all is good...but that happens occasionally....like the day's when your favorite QB throws 4 TDs and the next week he throws 4 picks returned for TD's.

I decided to quit before to much damage was done....

And as always,

Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Well it wasn't pure bliss but it got the job done. Happy to reverse the ugliness of yesterday. Still wasn't super clear about how I thought the market would move but after days and days of selling, I thought we might be ready for a pull back, but I went short per plan, twice, which is fine but it moved off the bottom so fast there was no real way to get in long unless you just jumped in....which I don't do....so I waited.

Finally got a less than wonderful entry bar and I wanted out the entire time it sat there but I held it and eventually got a nice winner out of it. I had an addon area I could have put some more on but since I felt the HTF's were not in alignment with this trade, I elected to pass on adding to the trade, it would have worked but I am satisfied with the decision, it could have just as easily reversed right there and stopped me with no gain....which is also no problem but I think the decision was the right one.

And as always,

Started this thread
 Spartan 
London, UK

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TBD
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 17

PandaWarrior View Post
Multiple accounts it is...confirmed with NT.....but supposedly NT.8 this will be addressed.

Hi PandaWarrior - have been down the same problem path before. Did NT elaborate at all on how they would do this?

Also when you say swing trade, is that ever a position held overnight? Many thanks.

Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Spartan View Post
Hi PandaWarrior - have been down the same problem path before. Did NT elaborate at all on how they would do this?

Also when you say swing trade, is that ever a position held overnight? Many thanks.

No they didn't. Just that it would be addressed.

And yes those swing positions are held overnight....sometimes for days....

Started this thread
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

No trades today....holiday and not sure about movement or volatility.

Started this thread
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 13, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts