NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Pandawarrior Chronicles II

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 136 posts (1,249 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 14 posts (61 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 12 posts (47 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 12 posts (39 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 9.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 3.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 3.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 49,774 views
    2. thumb_up 1,758 thanks given
    3. group 57 followers
    1. forum 283 posts
    2. attach_file 16 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

The Pandawarrior Chronicles II

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

Another one....things are happening in a nice steady pace today. I like it...not much waiting around...

And yes, I took my meds and got some food....

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

One more for the road....

This one might run and run but I took it off at yesterday's low and today's 50% level.

Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

And the last one of the day....or I should say last sequence....there were a couple of scratches in the chop while I tried to get cute and get in ahead of any potential break out long....and a premature short.....for -13 I think....

Then the real one....get in and hold....again, smaller size....I've felt less than in the zone the second half of the trading day....so no need to get greedy and perhaps lose big if I'm not seeing things well.

have a great day everyone....its been a fun day.

Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Not a good trading day today.

To start with, I had to inventory numbers to deal with....NG and then CL thirty minutes after that. In NG, the price action as it did last week, set up a few minutes prior to the news. I had my sell stop order in about 10 minutes prior to the announcement. When the time came, the sell stop triggered at around 6 ticks favorable slippage....but funny thing is, the price went down so fast, NT couldn't get the ATM target limit orders in fast enough before price had already gone ten ticks past where they were supposed to go. You know how fast NT gets the bracket OCO orders in. NG flashed 70 ticks in the blink of an eye!. My target was 60 ticks and by the time the action slowed enough to process it, my trail stop had 50 ticks locked in. I just closed the trade because I could see the limit order resting there and the price bar 10 ticks further out....crazy....

On to CL, should have walked at that point....but CL news coming in 30 minutes....the NG trade took less than 5 seconds so had 29 minutes and 55 seconds to set up the CL one.

Didn't matter since I just couldn't see how the price structure was developing. I was long all morning, just chose silly places to get in.

So trying to get long several times and stopping out each time, I gave up. I had given up all 60 ticks of the NG profit and a little bit more.....

After slipping back into global sim mode, I noticed how simple the chart was and how even a baby could have traded it!

In retrospect, I realize I tried to be to cute, trying to hard to finesse it instead of just giving it room to breathe as they say. I was a little giddy from the NG trade and I think that contributed to a bit of carelessness on the CL stuff.

Regardless, the damn thing ran all the way to any possible target you may have picked out....a five dollar day...haven't seen that since the arab spring days.....and I saw a 20 dollar day back then....

Here's hoping tomorrow gives me a chance at even half of today's range....

No chart, NT is shut down and its getting late....

Cheers.

Started this thread

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

Yesterday was a fat tail day for almost everything. None of the platforms have been trustable since past two days - not OEC trader, not T4 and not NT.

TraderFeed: Why This Market is Moving So Fast and Far: The Explosion of Pure Volatility

Nice journaling, Brian!

Every visit here is worth it.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,170
Thanks Received: 101,529

iqgod View Post
Yesterday was a fat tail day for almost everything. None of the platforms have been trustable since past two days - not OEC trader, not T4 and not NT.

TraderFeed: Why This Market is Moving So Fast and Far: The Explosion of Pure Volatility

Nice journaling, Brian!

Every visit here is worth it.

Nothing against two site sponsors, but I've had zero problems with Sierra and IQFeed and IB.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 steve2222 
Auckland, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Whatever moves in my timezone
Thanks Given: 3,379
Thanks Received: 1,540

Big Mike View Post
Nothing against two site sponsors, but I've had zero problems with Sierra and IQFeed and IB.

Agreed, absolutely zero issue with Sierra covering several instruments.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

Big Mike View Post

Thanks for letting know that not all platforms were affected.

I had received this from the broker:

Quoting 
Experiencing Platform/Technology Issues?

We are sending you as a result of the fact that we have seen the S5 and other trading platforms fail to keep up with market volatility during fast markets. We are pushing our clearing firms to get to the bottom of these issues even though we know full well that technology failures occur across all industries; especially under heavy load like we have been seeing lately. We are pushing those responsible for this as hard as we can and are providing detailed reports of what we see and what you have reported to us. We are seeing issues on multiple platforms including S5 Trader, Ninja/CQG, CTS and others including data feed providers.

But I would still continue to support all three of them just because now that they know there is a issue they will not be leaving any stone unturned to fix the issue!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

iqgod View Post
Thanks for letting know that not all platforms were affected.

I had received this from the broker:

But I would still continue to support all three of them just because now that they know there is a issue they will not be leaving any stone unturned to fix the issue!

Had the same issue in the morning as I have been pointedr out in my journal. I am really considering to do something about it, the only thing I dont know what to do. My indicator set is on Ninja. So the question is that. Is that a datafeed issue, and the execution orders is in safe? If it is a datafeed issue only, than it is manageable to have an alternative connection. Question is that, if you have 2 connection in ninja, and one of them is lagging, how is ninja handling the problem?
For example, you are using AMP/CQG to execute order, and u are using IQfeed to get realtime data. Than if the CQG feed is lagging, than you will recieve the online data from IQFEED?

Anyhow... if someone has experience in this question, or can point out a forum to this, than dont hesitate.
@PandaWarrior : sorry for the offtopic!

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Just to clarify, i did not have issues with NT, just that the price flash happened so fast on NG that NT could not get the target limit order in fast enough and price had already pulled back from that zone by the time the limit order was placed. It was literally a blink of an eye. The entire trade took 11 seconds according to NT trade log....most of that was me deciding to just close the trade manually once I saw what had happened....

Started this thread

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 13, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts