NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Pandawarrior Chronicles II

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 136 posts (1,249 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 14 posts (61 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 12 posts (47 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 12 posts (39 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 9.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 3.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 3.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 49,800 views
    2. thumb_up 1,758 thanks given
    3. group 57 followers
    1. forum 283 posts
    2. attach_file 16 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

The Pandawarrior Chronicles II

TheShrike 
Bridgeport, Ct

Experience: None
Broker: Tasty
Trading: Fops
Thanks Given: 1,588
Thanks Received: 922

Hi Panda,

Is the lower chart picture also using volume bars per Damon? I know he said he liked to use those in his webinar.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

TheShrike View Post
Hi Panda,

Is the lower chart picture also using volume bars per Damon? I know he said he liked to use those in his webinar.

Indeed they are...

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Counter trend scalping.

AIAO

Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

And how it looks on the 5M Chart

Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Took a LONG time for it to set up.....but it worked

And as always,

If you like this journal and find it valuable to you, please click the link below and hit the thanks button on that post. Unfortunately you can only thank me once in the voting thread but you can thank me all you like here....take care and hopefully this is helpful.

Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

And the 5M chart

And as always,

If you like this journal and find it valuable to you, please click the link below and hit the thanks button on that post. Unfortunately you can only thank me once in the voting thread but you can thank me all you like here....take care and hopefully this is helpful.

Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Ok, it occurred to me that perhaps I'm not addressing certain things readers might like to hear about....so if you have questions or would like to hear something addressed I'm not talking about, let me know. I'll address them as best I can.....

Take care...

Started this thread
 lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

PandaWarrior View Post
Ok, it occurred to me that perhaps I'm not addressing certain things readers might like to hear about....so if you have questions or would like to hear something addressed I'm not talking about, let me know. I'll address them as best I can.....

Take care...

Hi..Very good trading today.
Do you have any specific rules or mechanical type entry criteria ? Does something happen as far as a combination of the context of market conditions, indicator events..signs of momentum..? In other words, what has to happen that makes you put on a trade?

Failure is not an option
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

lancelottrader View Post
Hi..Very good trading today.
Do you have any specific rules or mechanical type entry criteria ? Does something happen as far as a combination of the context of market conditions, indicator events..signs of momentum..? In other words, what has to happen that makes you put on a trade?

Its more about context than anything else....for instance, I have filters that must be met prior to a long being taken....and today, those filters were SHORT when I took a long....I knew this and yet my emotions took over for a little while....but when the stop was triggered, I had a sell stop waiting on the next tick. That trade met all the criteria for a short. All major filters were short and all the minor ones were short as well....which meant a nice runner....at that point, the only real issue was where to get out....I picked a target on the 240M chart and exited on a trail once price didn't get there and then broke up through the swing highs where my trail was.

I also watch the DOM pretty close when price gets close to where I think I want in.....that DOM better be moving pretty fast. Otherwise I'm cautious.

I like the flags, triangles, etc....all classical technical analysis. So apply the major contextual filter rules against the technical analysis and you have the makings for a trading system.

Basically the same stuff in reverse for the longs today....the first one was counter trend and I scalped that one. The second one was after I was expecting price to be short again and break down below the bull flag as the long I had just taken looked like a bear flag on a higher time frame to me.....but once it broke up, I knew the trend had changed and again took a look at the higher time frames for the target area. This time I didn't wait for price to break a swing low to get out. It was close so I exited on a bar by bar trail. Price did make it to that level eventually but it wasn't worth it to me to wait all that time for a few ticks.

After that, I was tired and not willing to trade any further....so called it a day.

Hope that helps.

Brian

Started this thread
 lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

PandaWarrior View Post
Its more about context than anything else....for instance, I have filters that must be met prior to a long being taken....and today, those filters were SHORT when I took a long....I knew this and yet my emotions took over for a little while....but when the stop was triggered, I had a sell stop waiting on the next tick. That trade met all the criteria for a short. All major filters were short and all the minor ones were short as well....which meant a nice runner....at that point, the only real issue was where to get out....I picked a target on the 240M chart and exited on a trail once price didn't get there and then broke up through the swing highs where my trail was.

I also watch the DOM pretty close when price gets close to where I think I want in.....that DOM better be moving pretty fast. Otherwise I'm cautious.

I like the flags, triangles, etc....all classical technical analysis. So apply the major contextual filter rules against the technical analysis and you have the makings for a trading system.

Basically the same stuff in reverse for the longs today....the first one was counter trend and I scalped that one. The second one was after I was expecting price to be short again and break down below the bull flag as the long I had just taken looked like a bear flag on a higher time frame to me.....but once it broke up, I knew the trend had changed and again took a look at the higher time frames for the target area. This time I didn't wait for price to break a swing low to get out. It was close so I exited on a bar by bar trail. Price did make it to that level eventually but it wasn't worth it to me to wait all that time for a few ticks.

After that, I was tired and not willing to trade any further....so called it a day.

Hope that helps.

Brian

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I appreciate it.

Failure is not an option
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 13, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts