NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Pandawarrior Chronicles II

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 136 posts (1,249 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 14 posts (61 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 12 posts (47 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 12 posts (39 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 9.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 3.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 3.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 49,800 views
    2. thumb_up 1,758 thanks given
    3. group 57 followers
    1. forum 283 posts
    2. attach_file 16 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

The Pandawarrior Chronicles II

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

tigertrader View Post
what you really needed was an honest and an objective appraisal of your efforts to become a profitable trader,

Had this actually happened with specific examples of WHAT to do, it would have been fine but what I and all the others got were personal attacks by a know it all whose posts are the intellectual equivalent of a 13 year old girl taking hundreds of selfies and posting on them her Facebook page hoping all her Internet friends will like her.

Please don't mistake my trying to be nice in a public forum as avoiding conflict. Healthy conflict between two people that know and respect each other is good for both. Your supposed conflict is nothing more than a bully trying to make sure everyone knows how strong they are....it's a poor and pitiful substitute for true self awareness and strength. True strength is characterized by humility, gentleness and grace. None of which you seem capable of displaying even when provided multiple opportunities. And you've exhausted my limited quantities of same.

And now this exercise has become a colossal waste of time and energy.

I've requested Mike close the thread immediately. Life's to short for crap like this. Had I wanted school girl drama I would have went to Elite Trader.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

mfbreakout View Post
In the spirit that open debate is helpful i will share my own personal experience when i was given trading advice by someone very similar to Gary last year. I met someone couple of years ago who was trading CL, Forex like i have never seen before. At this time i was stuck in a rut. Always afriad. The days i was not afraid, i will loose money. I will very clearly see how he was trading, could relate to it, could understand it but just could not do it.

My question always to him was where is your STOP LOSS? His answer always was that he comes to the market every day with $150,000 of risk and he trades. He does not use stop loss and he knows when he is wrong and the days he is wrong , he takes $150,000 loss. In my heart , i will say this is BULLSHIT and go on doing whatever i was doing. I just could not get any where. The day i was relaxed with wide stop loss ( like 150 ticks stop loss for CL) i will get hit. The day i was very conservative, market will do exactly what i thought it will do. I will just sit there with my 1 car position and watch market runs 100, 250 ticks in my favour. I will not add to my position because couple of days ago, i got hit for a 10K, 20K loss. In summary my entire focus was on damage control.

This trader tried couple of times to put sense in to me nicely but it did not made any difference. This trader has an ego bigger than any trader i have ever met ( He has every right to be). He is trading 400-1000 contracts a day and making $300- 500,000 a weak. He has been trading for 30+ years. He is just tired of seeing traders after atraders making the same mistakes over and over again. He answers one question and we go back to him with 4 other questions while still doing the same old shit we have been doing. After a while he just gives up and writes criticisim which will make Gary notes look like a love letter.

I did not under stand why he has to be this rude till i started getting some success and started helping some traders. Here is the problem, traders want to learn everything from other traders but at their own terms. They want teacher, coach etc. to guide them, help them etc but without any ACCOUNTABILITY. They just want lollipops all the time. They suck enrgy out of you and go back to whatever they were doing. They believe in selective learning. Whatever appeals to them they take it and come back after a weak, a month for more while doing the same shit during all this time.

I did not understand frustration of this trader about me and many other traders till i got put in his shoes. I am in no way clsoe to his level of success, his experience etc but after a while even i get frustrated looking at other traders keep getting hosed years after years.

In summary my belief is that to learn something from someone - one has to give in and not cherry pick. Period.

Note: I understand Gary is not Panda warrior coach and neither Panda has ever asked Gary for help. My note is for general consumption and it's not about what Panda should do or how Gary should write, coach etc.

I appreciate the spirit in which this post is offered. Also I get a lot of what your saying.....here and in your other threads....believe it or not, it's helped me quite a lot and I thank you for that.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread
Thanked by:
 addchild 
Bay Area California

Platform: TT T4
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 926
Thanks Received: 898

PandaWarrior View Post
intellectual equivalent of a 13 year old girl taking hundreds of selfies and posting on them her Facebook page hoping all her Internet friends will like her.

This is funny because its actually how I always imagined most of these posts. Sometimes there is worthwhile info but its usually not worth wading through all the narcissistic diatribes to get at it.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,539

Per Brian's request, this thread is now closed.

Sent from my phone

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 13, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts