NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

In the beginning there was darkness...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one staythecourse with 14 posts (12 thanks)
    2. looks_two Zxeses with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one trendwaves with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Zxeses with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 staythecourse with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 4,701 views
    2. thumb_up 24 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 26 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

In the beginning there was darkness...

trendwaves 
Florida
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Trading: ES, NQ, CL
Thanks Given: 2,898
Thanks Received: 2,525

staythecourse View Post
2 questions for anyone.

1. What is the best way to read volume?
2. What is the best way to see the order sizes?

Cumulative Delta is simple and will align nicely with your MACD. When they confirm each other, odds are pretty good your on the right side of the market at that moment.

Be Patient and Trade Smart
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
 staythecourse 
North Vernon indiana

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES, TQQQ, SQQQ
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 14

Today I only made 2 trades. I was looking for the trend to be down.

First trade I got in on a double bottom. It did not move like I thought it would so I moved my sell to 4 ticks instead of 6. I filled at the 4 ticks and it did move on for more.

Second trade I got in at the resistance and was filled at my 6 ticks.

After that I could not get in synch and did not find an entry. I decided it would be best to end with the 2 trades rather than make a trade that I did not feel comfortable with.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
 staythecourse 
North Vernon indiana

First trade: read my chart as resistance 58 and support 56. Went for a short at 58 and removed my 6 tick limit.
Was not the best entry, bounced around 58 for a while then went down to 56 and I closed.

Second trade: I got back on for a long a 56.5 thinking it would go back up from 56. I almost got stopped out but did not. I got back in too soon. took my limit off and waited until 58 was reached. I was hoping it would go to 60 and took the chance when it dipped again. It worked and I closed when it went sideways at 60.

Third trade: It started back down after hitting the resistance. I got back in and it went straight down to 58 I waited to see if it went passed, it did and I got out at 56. Pilot error again and had to close fast.

I hit the support/resistance great today. I am having beginners luck but I will take it.

staythecourse 
North Vernon indiana

First trade: I waited I while to look for S/R points. It made some long trending moves and hit a resistance point and started to go sideways so I went short looking for a reverse. It went 2 more points then reversed so I was stopped out at my 6 ticks.

second trade: It reversed to the same S/R and I thought it would go lower so I shorted again. It just hit my target but did not fill and reversed. Then I thought I moved my limit down below the 6 ticks but removed it and lost 3 points before I got out of it.

third and fourth: both of these I was in synch and hit my target fast.

Fifth: went just down past another S/R line, I shorted and it went sideways then up to stop me out.

I just missed the first 2 trades and the pilot error would have cost my had I been live. both will come with more practice.

The discipline to manage the trades will not be a problem. building a system and becoming my own expert will take some time. I know I want to keep my system simple. Know the market, Trend, PA, and Volume So far.

staythecourse 
North Vernon indiana

I have been concentrating on my live investments for the last 2 weeks(up 10% last week). I have continued studying price action and sim trading. Most of my time i have been reading Al brooks books, articles and watching his videos. I will concentrate on learning price action for the time being.
Last week i got a live demo account from AMP futures and will start sim trading with it this week. This week I will also start to open a funded account, 2 to 3 week timeframe for this. I am still not clear how to go about opening the different accounts. Ninja will be my platform but I am not sure about the broker and data yet.
I continue to be addicted to learning this. I am 3 months into learning to trade futures and I always want to learn more and more. I think about it all day and dream about it all night. One thing I understand is that I will learn so much more when I go live. Cant wait!

Thanked by:
 staythecourse 
North Vernon indiana

I have been practicing with the live demo account and doing good.

I have put in an application for a live account with Ninjatrader as my broker.

My swing trade with TQQQ is the most profitable trade to date.(up $7100 to date) I have my stop set at 5% so

I am beginning to feel a little more comfortable with reading the charts.
It will be interesting to see what problems I run into when I go live. I have learned a lot from swing trading the Qs
and my index funds over the years. As of now I think it will be the same emotions with ES just to a lesser degree.

Here is todays trades with the live demo.
4 trades. 3 good with one stopped out.

Thanked by:
chaim
new york

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

live trading some times thay will look for your stops trade live you tell me

Last Updated on December 9, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts