NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TS' Trading Journal (Since 2014/9/8)

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tshunhu with 237 posts (138 thanks)
    2. looks_two tturner86 with 8 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ratfink with 4 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Hanneke with 4 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one ratfink with 3.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tturner86 with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tshunhu with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 34,333 views
    2. thumb_up 202 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 274 posts
    2. attach_file 377 attachments

Search this Thread

TS' Trading Journal (Since 2014/9/8)

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Interactive Broker
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 306
Thanks Received: 165

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

No trades today, got home late~

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

No comments today, still struggling in choppy day

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

------------------Before the content------------------
I want to add a new part in my trading journal, the new part is to analyse some intraday charts, try to describe what has happened, and try to identify the opportunities and traps in this particular day. Like what @bigmike has done on the thread of <The elusive price action>. The frequence of this analysis will be at least one by week during my trading days.

3 reasons for me to do this analysis:
One is to keep a peaceful mind in trading. Seeing the price move, account shrink and grow, bars turn red or green really gives me a strong sense of urgence. Not exaggerated, just a breath taking feeling. After a trading day is over, all these movement, up and down seems quiet and easy to interpret. A detailed analysis could provides another point to see the market, provides some feeling of control and most importantly an ease to interpret the market instead be led by the price.

The second is to accumulate a kind of experience and feeling. These feeling may turn into a specific trading system or they can help build a kind of intuition in trading.

The third is to help me overcome my weakness in trading, especially in mental strength. The problem of not letting profit run and cuting loss too late is common but difficult to deal with. For myself, sometimes I knew deeply that the trend would continue, consciously, but just feeling an urge to exit with profit. It's not only about trading techniques, but mostly mental issue. Same problem in trading range, just everytime naively believe this spike will make the price breakout the range, even though hundreds of times I've been proven wrong. But just cannot resist the eagerness to trade, do not want to abandon the hope of a final breakout.
------------------FB 20150903 5min chart------------------

• Gap up open <-- maybe sign or bull strength
  • Got a high at the 3rd bar of today, but 1st and 3rd bar are bear ones, 2nd bar is a bull bar and outside bar, but no continuation <-- sign of two side trading <-- uncertainty
  • First 30min was choppy, but price has been brought downside, and the chopping is on the lower half of openning range <-- bears were in control
  • Down side breakout near 10:30, the range has been broken but there was no immediate continuation in this direction, instead, every Downsdie movement followed by bull bar, and the bull signs were week, just buying at the bottom but no continuation in slightly higer price. <-- bears were still in control but bulls were adding up with caution
  • Convergin downside wedge ended at 10:30, a 3 bar reversal pattern formed a spike broke out upside of the wedge <-- strongest sign of bull today
  • Weak channel up, a lot of indecisive sign, a one bar spike pushed the price to a LH. The leg up was made by 2 good shape bull bars and 4 overlapping bars <-- bulls were not strong
  • A leg down formed a HL, the leg was weak. The leg down was broken by a upside movement, the HL was a micro double bottom <-- HL, weak leg down, DB reversal --> sigh of bull strenght
  • Continuous bull bars (4 bars, good shape), 3 pushes to a HH, then came the bear leg down, the bear leg was not bad, continuous bear bars in good shape <-- the strengh of bull trend was waning, bear strength was building
  • Another upside movement at MA, then formed a double top. Sign of indicisive at the top, 2 doji bars, inside parttern. <-- point of decision, up or down, inside pattern provides good trading opportunites
  • Leg down, strong, moved to the 15min MA and VWAP area, the reversal to up leg was in good shape <-- bears were in control, but resistance found in 15min MA area
  • Leg up formed a LH, then a leg down formed a double bottom near 15:30, bulls took control till the eod.

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

I've been away for more than a year, I kept trading, so many things happened in trading and in my life. Now, I'm back to continue my trading journal in BMT. I'm going to trading a sim account in chinese commodity future market, and occasionally I'll trade US stock, FB my favorie, and others. As US market is open during the night time in China, I'll not be able to day trade everyday. It's really unhealthy to stay up late. I'll make up a trading plan for longer time frame by the end of the year. So day trading in China market and swing / investment in US market.

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

Last Updated on December 14, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts